Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
You asked my opinion on day end and I gave it, I'm still developing a bead on the game. Day 1 and weekends are rough for me.

Fair enough :)

I was interested to hear you expand a bit, especially since there's the idea floating around that the end of the day might have been a SvSvT situation (which I think is possible). And since you were one of the three wagons...

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
This is a weird post to me. LP would have been replaced, not killed off. Swinging on to break a tie to vote him out should, at the very least, give town points to the people breaking the tie.
EC with a weird post?
867791090630393856.png

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if simply typing "Ernest Cline" counts as a joke. As a public figure and someone not in our community, Ernest Cline a) is not covered by rule 32 and b) can fuck off into the sea. I'm re-reading the first page of RPO and it makes me want to type record a close-reading lecture.

Ambo, I'm going to vote you. >:< <<<is that a face? is it an illuminati symbol? what's happening?
also i had some wine and I do not drink very often anymore so now I'm silly. Anyway, real question: you feeling up to a read or two? We can just make jokes, too. I suggest people briefly put me on ignore if they have to on catchup lol. Doing it for a minute for your health ain't against the rules. But I'll go to bed soon and the floor'll be yours.

anyway, feelings, thoughts, shitposts, what do you have for me? why is Randomless living rent free in my head? do you know the answer? I don't.

A Wild Shark Appears

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
I wonder if simply typing "Ernest Cline" counts as a joke. As a public figure and someone not in our community, Ernest Cline a) is not covered by rule 32 and b) can fuck off into the sea. I'm re-reading the first page of RPO and it makes me want to type record a close-reading lecture.

Ambo, I'm going to vote you. >:< <<<is that a face? is it an illuminati symbol? what's happening?
also i had some wine and I do not drink very often anymore so now I'm silly. Anyway, real question: you feeling up to a read or two? We can just make jokes, too. I suggest people briefly put me on ignore if they have to on catchup lol. Doing it for a minute for your health ain't against the rules. But I'll go to bed soon and the floor'll be yours.

anyway, feelings, thoughts, shitposts, what do you have for me? why is Randomless living rent free in my head? do you know the answer? I don't.
It just means sarcasm lol.

I've almost felt too embarrassed to post this game, but I think I've realized that I can't play in the way that other people play so I'm just going to play my way and try my best.

I'm townreading you and Nat the most rn.

I feel like I haven't been able to vibe with Random this game compared to previous ones, but I really haven't been feeling this game so I wouldn't put stock in that.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
No, I meant this thing that I started to type and then I realized it could be read from either end and also i guess from the middle: >:<
I was trying to demonstrate angry disappointment and instead I got a rabbit duck.

I'm feeling town on Nat but it's Nat so I am paranoid. But mostly I just think he's town. So it makes me feel better to see you do too. I'm also glad you are gonna try to do your own thing. do it! damn the man! eff the rules! there is no standard!

A Wild Shark Appears

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
I won't lie tho regarding Nat that a very paranoid segment of my brain found similarities to the bus I pulled on him in The Thing Mafia

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
That's not paranoid, that's just smart. Do not under any circumstances (outside a mechanical clear) let Launch or Nat endgame lol.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
I've almost felt too embarrassed to post this game, but I think I've realized that I can't play in the way that other people play so I'm just going to play my way and try my best.

Playing your way is the best way to play I think! Believe me, I know how it is to feel intimidated by the expectations and the playstyle of other players. I'm not too good at producing big reads and systematically connecting all the dots either. But I think it's possible to play in your own way, doing your own things, and still be super useful to your team.

I'm also glad you are gonna try to do your own thing. do it! damn the man! eff the rules! there is no standard!

Anarchy!

3a7.gif

A Wild Shark Appears

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
I'd tell you a vampire joke, but trying to come up with one is just too draining.

Ok here's one: What do you call it when Dracula decided to give away his teeth for free?
Fangs for nothing

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
What did the cop say to the robber?

"I never thought they'd actually take police corruption seriously!"

g'night, folks

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
last post before passing out
Attitude and game state. His vote yesterday, after the flip, actually feels pure to me. Add in that I have I think I better-than-average read on Kopite.
Walk me through the bolded because it doesn't feels like it lines up with what you've expressed previously unless I'm misunderstanding which is possible I r drunk

Hey ya'll, I'm back older and... none too much wiser. Sorry for the lack of presence on day start, weekends are for family etc, but I'm going to post some thoughts before I sleep, and will be around more tomorrow. Since I was out at day end, I'm going to respond to a few things:

Correct, I didn't. That's my bad, and I'm not going to go back and try to pretend I left any. I'll try to make my thinking more clear at end of day today, I feel much more with my actions in this game being useful by end of D2 than 1.

In general I remember there being some concern about how I interact with people. I'm intentional. My philosophy on how to play the role I'm given best has not changed since I've played the last few games fundamentally, and all my actions in this game fit that thought process.

NOW to be more specific...

Interesting Day's end, feeling v. good about Monkey and Launch now for that tie-breaking combo.

This is a weird post to me. LP would have been replaced, not killed off. Swinging on to break a tie to vote him out should, at the very least, give town points to the people breaking the tie.

I forgot to tbh. I don't typically make town read lists to have ready, my style of play has never been very well organized or honed in on players, I tend to play more on instinct and what I can remember (hence why I rarely, if ever, make it into the end phases of the game. But I also play with that in mind, because I honestly don't think I could be successful in that situation with the limitations my playstyle inherently develops). As for what they are now, The 2 people I'm leaning strongest on town are you and launch for the tie-breaker, though that's mostly due to that move. Prior to it, I don't think I'd have had either of you that high up on the list.

I did have a really fun idea though...

SPEC CHAT! ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?! I have an offer to make. If you would like to have me play the rest of the game like Ernest Cline, a science fiction writer known for both his copious references and him explaining their sources, gained from REady Player One, a book and movie (directed by Steven Spielberg, a beloved director known for his work on films such as Jurassic Park, a movie about dinosaurs, E.T., a movie based on Mac and Me, a movie about McDonald's), vote for my joke tonight.

Interesting proposition, I'm in favor of it personally. It's not necessarily that we need a shot given we hit scum on D1, but if it's about you using it or not, I'm always a fan of evening the odds and gaining more info earlier. I'd go for 12 hours personally, gives more time to digest info and see who does what then, along with ensures ample time for the players whose vote was on them to move them around.
Maybe this can get my post unpinned from the book channel lmao

Is scum with day kill announcing as vig an established play? Seems like that would invite an insta-kill from the real vig, assuming they existed, and they weren't paranoid about two vig in the game.
Imma be honest with you idk what games that have run vs games that have not while I'm tbis drunk so I'm gonna pass, but i I do know I just got fucking shit all over by spec in Star Trek… a normal game ran by Fanto. Which people decided wasn't so normal. Now I'm in a normal game reviewed by Fanto and forgive me if I'm a bit skeptical. I just don't want to trust anything at face value. I just would rather see how roles use their role. Sue me if you disagree I don't care.

If my posts don't make you question everything you thought you knew about mafia, then I've failed.
Why are you like this

That's not paranoid, that's just smart. Do not under any circumstances (outside a mechanical clear) let Launch or Nat endgame lol.
Honestly I'm tired of this. I will go quote you across a myriad of games complaining about how you're turned into the boogeyman and how it's unfair, but meanwhile I get fucking clowned on as town yet I'm some horrid threat. Look in the mirror for fucks sake

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Imma be honest with you idk what games that have run vs games that have not while I'm tbis drunk so I'm gonna pass, but i I do know I just got fucking shit all over by spec in Star Trek… a normal game ran by Fanto. Which people decided wasn't so normal. Now I'm in a normal game reviewed by Fanto and forgive me if I'm a bit skeptical. I just don't want to trust anything at face value. I just would rather see how roles use their role. Sue me if you disagree I don't care.
Having my lawyer drawer up papers presently.

You act like I don't have trauma over how Trek went down. My experience will not be erased.

But yeah I agree now that the ability has been announced, it has to be used soon, and even that doesn't guarantee safety.

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
Right, then. I was holding off on doing this to establish post-LP flip interactions before it overtakes discussion, but I was too excited and woke up earlier than usual because of that.

I have a red check on Nat. No, this is not a gambit. Yes, I realize this is memes.

You might be wondering why I went and used a check on Nat when I said I was leaning town on him. Here is why:

• LP trying to awkwardly work Nat into his reads and not really offering much in terms of an alignment read raised eyebrows with me.
  • Nat's read on LP was totally on point, but he made that read when LP only had one post to his name versus the… three(?) posts Donnie, Monkey, and I made that decision on.
  • Nat being in early on a scum flip always raises red flags for me.
  • I ain't fucking with no deep wolves. If I got back a green check, at least I don't carry that tinfoil the rest of the game. Like Monkey said, you don't let Nat get to endgame without a mechanical clear (or her, for that matter).

As you can probably gather from my engagements with Random earlier, I believe Random is also scum. Random tried to dissuade Monkey from voting for LP, and has tried to put reasons forward about why Nat is town. I think he's also trying to get us to spin our wheels by selectively looking at Donnie's reads. I think we shoot Nat here and when he flips scum, we hit Random up.

anexanhume

Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Well, Unvote. That would explain why Random was happy to lay down some logic for a Bojack vote but not join me in it. Will wait to see if Nat gets the Vig shot at this point.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Right, then. I was holding off on doing this to establish post-LP flip interactions before it overtakes discussion, but I was too excited and woke up earlier than usual because of that.

I have a red check on Nat. No, this is not a gambit. Yes, I realize this is memes.

You might be wondering why I went and used a check on Nat when I said I was leaning town on him. Here is why:

• LP trying to awkwardly work Nat into his reads and not really offering much in terms of an alignment read raised eyebrows with me.
  • Nat's read on LP was totally on point, but he made that read when LP only had one post to his name versus the… three(?) posts Donnie, Monkey, and I made that decision on.
  • Nat being in early on a scum flip always raises red flags for me.
  • I ain't fucking with no deep wolves. If I got back a green check, at least I don't carry that tinfoil the rest of the game. Like Monkey said, you don't let Nat get to endgame without a mechanical clear (or her, for that matter).

As you can probably gather from my engagements with Random earlier, I believe Random is also scum. Random tried to dissuade Monkey from voting for LP, and has tried to put reasons forward about why Nat is town. I think he's also trying to get us to spin our wheels by selectively looking at Donnie's reads. I think we shoot Nat here and when he flips scum, we hit Random up.
I wasn't a fan of how Nat reacted to my plan but thought that might just have been OMGUS on my part. I think shooting Nat is defo the play here. In order to avoid any possible scum counterplay, I'm just gonna go ahead and do it now and abandon my earlier plan.

200.gif

But what I do have is a very particular set of skills: Natiko

God I hope there wasn't any night time fuckery.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
loooooool

I'm having major trouble sleeping - medication side effect - having the best time :/ - but huzzah, it means getting to see this.

I buy it. It explains Nat going off the rails for no good reason suddenly. No one seemed to have any reason to chase him, and I, most paranoid, slid him over to a no-go zone in my separation and yet he's still so suddenly, weirdly aggro. Inventing reasons to doubt Kopite, angry over jokes- and why? What reason does Nat have to do that? We can reject most possible scumKopite scenarios so why is he so pushy on that? Started to feel weird with that last post. Why's he upset?

After all, we just got scum. We have a great core and the trap is set. Town wins this game. It may get messy but the way it's going, I feel very confident. So why is Nat so mad? It's a puzzle.

This answers it. He is the one who looked safe and yet here were telling him bluntly that he's not. He's mafia.

The other side: Launch could be lying. Yep. But I doubt it - because the vig shot just means we vote a lying Launch right after. So no, Launch is probably town.

Nat red. Randomless red. If a fourth, Bojack red, and they expected to just come in and power wolf and continue with the "but wolves wouldn't" strategy.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Launch, I'm glad you went ahead and claimed because my internal prediction was that Random was going to claim a cop shot as the prize.

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly wasn't expecting Kopite to shoot so quickly lmao
Nat red. Randomless red. If a fourth, Bojack red, and they expected to just come in and power wolf and continue with the "but wolves wouldn't" strategy.
Yeah, I think there needs to be a fourth here if town has a vig. I haven't looked for connections with Bojack, LP, Nat, and Random; I can do that later on today. You can probably tell I was off in a different direction since day start since I was sitting on the check lol Random just looks awful here when you know Nat is scum.

Launch, I'm glad you went ahead and claimed because my internal prediction was that Random was going to claim a cop shot as the prize.
A part of me was also a bit scared this prize thing was going to be something bad like a vig shot and what if I don't get to say my results before Random pops off. But that would be kind of wild for a normal complexity game so that was probably unfounded worry.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I don't know what the actual prize is but I figured it would be something that would help him slip out of being discussed and investigation is easy for them to fake and/or postpone.

I was a little miffed at Zipped skywriting his role but I chose not to say anything because it just made Random look even worse as he worked in ONLY scumZipped world earlier. It's so obviously not Zipped here.

I'm glad this means my gut was probably right on VA even if my brain couldn't get there. 🧡 VA, bros 4 lyfe.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
OH DIP it's going down already.

This is beautiful. I love this game.
I honestly wasn't expecting Kopite to shoot so quickly lmao

Yeah, I think there needs to be a fourth here if town has a vig. I haven't looked for connections with Bojack, LP, Nat, and Random; I can do that later on today. You can probably tell I was off in a different direction since day start since I was sitting on the check lol Random just looks awful here when you know Nat is scum.

A part of me was also a bit scared this prize thing was going to be something bad like a vig shot and what if I don't get to say my results before Random pops off. But that would be kind of wild for a normal complexity game so that was probably unfounded worry.
Quickdraw King for a reason bay bay!

Watch Nat be a miller and start fucking with me in every future game of his that I'm part of :P

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Kopite King! Unless there's some fuckery and then this is now a big mess lol.

But I don't think so. I think teamwork made the dream work.

Natiko Death
OP
OP
MrHedin

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
Sorry everyone, must have dozed off and took me a minute to wake up after hearing the commotion. Speaking of waking up did you know the people of Athens usually have trouble waking up as well? Yeah, Dawn is tough on Greece.

Natiko has died

How did Darth Vader know that Luke left him a birthday present? He felt his presence.

Welcome to Dad Joke Mafia!

You are Darth Vader and you are a 2-Shot Roleblocker

You are aligned with the Really Bad Dads (that is Mafia).

At night you may submit the command Feel The Power of the Dark Side: Target to use the force to block the abilities of another player. You have two shots of this power.

You and your teammates have a faction kill that can be used each night by submitting the command Remove From The Mic: Target.

You also have the ability to vote each day.

You can access your scum chat here: still nope
You can access the game thread here: again, you know it

Break a leg out there!

Last edited:

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
More like Dead Vader.

next:
vote: Randomless

How's this game like a calendar?
The days are numbered! heyoooo

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017
I know Random is a very obvious follow up to this, but considering this might be my last day here, I'd like to do my due diligence and present some options for scum #4, too.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I am sitting here giggling as I imagine everyone else coming back to the thread.

I can't handle Kopite playing, what, two games this year? Recently at least- and having big dramatic shots in both.

Funnier that Nat gameran for one and took the bullet in the other. :D

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I know Random is a very obvious follow up to this, but considering this might be my last day here, I'd like to do my due diligence and present some options for scum #4, too.
Oh for sure but odds are it's just Bojack. Possible outlier with Cappa - Randomless's whole weird thing at the beginning with Cap's jokes looked potentially partnery but really only from Random's side. But he's a candidate.

I already have in my notes it's not VA with Random. Doubt anex. EC is possible. But there just aren't that many options unless we are completely off track and that doesn't seem to be the case.

OP
OP
MrHedin

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
==== DAY 2 VOTES ====
Day Start

Randomless (1 votes)
Dr. Monkey - #794

BoJack Horseman (0 votes)
anexanhume - #708 #775
Dr. Monkey - #711 #794

Not voting: A Wild Ambulance Appears, Vincent Alexander, Randomless, CaptainNuevo, BoJack Horseman, LaunchpadMcQ, Conditional-Pancakes, Kopite, Zippedpinhead, anexanhume, EvilChameleon

Post Counts:
Dr. Monkey: 51 Randomless: 20 anexanhume: 19 Conditional-Pancakes: 15 Vincent Alexander: 13 LaunchpadMcQ: 11 A Wild Ambulance Appears: 9 Natiko: 9 EvilChameleon: 9 Zippedpinhead: 6 Kopite: 3 CaptainNuevo: 3 BoJack Horseman: 1

Current Countdown:
ltkfkemf8m

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Nat and I have scummed together enough that with his reveal - may the gods bless you, Launch - I can almost envision the discussion about power wolfing and covering for each other.

I know time zones are a factor obviously but after a scum flip d1 and how this is going, Bojack'a single post looks real bad, too.

I just went over the whole roster again. I'll dig but…
Random
Bojack
EC possible, maybe
Cappa possible, maybe

but that's it. I think everyone else is just town.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I suppose my extreme tinfoil outlier is Ambulance. He's possible. Logically, I'd put him before EC as 3rd candidate but… idk.

But that's it. Cut and print. This game is over. I'm gonna kick back and wait for reactions to roll in.