• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Cool Custom HUD
  • Bit_Reactor

Banned
    Apr 9, 2019
    HYPE! Still making my way through Astral Chain but getting this too because I want to support more Scifi games and new IPs. Great OT!

Reposting my HUD from the other topic to show how customizeable and scaleable everything is.
    EEL86KgU0AAZpUG.jpg:large

Saw a gamespot video with an auxiliary part that's basically zero shift and lets you warp for a big chunk of stamina, can't wait to get my hands on that
    HNNNNNG that's exciting.

This is my current control setup:
    4VNYBqX.jpg
    Thanks for sharing this I'm still working on my HUD and UI and controls. I'll test some of these suggestions out.

Cool Custom HUD, Take 2
  • Bit_Reactor

Banned
    Apr 9, 2019
    That trailer makes the game look awesome.

For those who have played handheld mode, how is the resolution?
    You can actually test the demo to see if it's too low res for your eyes, but it's vastly improved to me over the first demo. Could be placebo effect though so I always recommend testing it yourself to make sure.

How varied are the customizable mecha? I'm trying to get a feel for that but most media show the same types.
    There's not a ton of endgame footage or anything obviously out, but Nintendo has a tweet that shows the asymmetrical part customization and material changes if that helps.

They've been doing a lot of PR for the game recently which is great. The wait to get home from work today and get my copy in the mail is going to be long and difficult haha

UPDATE EDIT:

Tweaked my HUD based on feedback from another player in the other thread. As you can see here:
    EEWBVz8UwAEADh7.jpg

There's a sub menu that pops up when you use the weapon swaps and stuff for each weapon, so I can't put them all the way on the left and still be able to use the menu properly, so at their recommendation I moved it to the bottom right for everything.

EEWBVzqU8AA0mv6.jpg
    So now Everything is closer to the bottom and the chat box is over to the right with needed mission info so I know where to direct my eye for like joining a teammate, how many targets are left, etc. Becuase the chat is clearly right justified I didn't want to end up getting some weird stuff by attempting to put it in the bottom left, so I used that for the minimap and durability markers. Not sure I like where the durability stuff is right now but I'm going to tweak after actually getting more experience in the game. Right now I'm very happy with where my stuff is at.

Last edited:
    Weapon Variant Stats
  • Lizardus

Oct 25, 2017
    Not sure if this was posted/known:

F type:
    + Bullet Damage, Ammo Total, Reload Time
    - Damage, Bullet Speed

S type:
    ++ Bullet Damage, Reload Time
    + Damage, Fire Rate
    - Effective Range, Ammo Total, Precision Rate