The legendary dance duo has called it quits 28 years after forming in Paris

Last edited:

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
One more album... right?

Although, these scenes are from Electroma iirc. But I haven't seen it in years.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
Man I was really hoping they would do one more tour because that was a bucket list thing for me but covid gonna covid

Phillips455

Oct 31, 2017
Scotland
A new album? Maybe the last for them? Or maybe an Alive style remix in the future after a series of Alive concerts??? We need to know more!!!!

Ketenge

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
If they're really announcing that they're done then that's OK. Daft Punk's music has been very dear to me but I respect them as artists for declaring that we shouldn't expect any more. Was always hoping for one final Alive tour, but their music that we all love isn't going anywhere.

Acidote

Oct 26, 2017
If this is the end for Daft Punk I hope they go out with a bang like that video might imply, and not with a whimper.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They had a good run. Seems pretty self-explanatory

I laughed at the Mythbusters camera angles on that explosion though

spineduke

Oct 25, 2017
Part of me wants to believe theres an album coming out, or something but the other part of me says this is the last thing we're getting.

Its so abrupt

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
It's a scene from Electroma, in case anyone thought this was something they made just for this video.
Electroma.jpg

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
TBH I think they are done. I don't think they want to remain hidden behind the masks and they said years ago that people figured the "trick", seemed annoyed that the genre got crowded. I think it's over and they're moving on.

edit: well, confirmed

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
its weird that only one robot is seen at the end.
maybe they split up?

anyway: their music will live on forever. i loe their music. shame i will never see them live.

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
This isn't what I need on a Monday morning. Love that they played that section of "Touch" though. That song is amazing.

Dec 26, 2017
Pitchfork has a story with a quote from their publicist saying that they have broken up.

Daft Punk, the Parisian duo responsible for some of the most popular dance and pop songs of all time, have split. They broke the news with an 8-minute video titled "Epilogue," excerpted from their 2006 film Electroma. Asked if Daft Punk were no more, their longtime publicist Kathryn Frazier confirmed the news to Pitchfork but gave no reason for the breakup.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Hope we get one last album at least.

Still, they had a pretty incredible run, I'm sure they've been wanting to move onto other projects.

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, this is killing me. Also ending it with Touch, one of my favorite songs of their.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope the split was amicable. would really suck if their finish was marred by bad blood