RedBlue

Oct 27, 2017
Queens, NY
I don't know what to say. Somewhere in me I think as long as those two are still kicking, there is a chance. At the same time, I don't know them personally and really don't know what their personal feeling on the group are. Feels bad, but I think as long as they are around I can dream.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Listening to RAM again yesterday, I had two thoughts:

1. Get Lucky should've been pushed up to second on the tracklist. The album just gets going with Bring Life Back to Music, and immediately slows down (imo too much) by following it with The Game of Love and then Girogio, which is a cool track but 9 minutes is a hell of a long song to be at third on the list. The album I think needed to ride the high of its opening a little more.

2. Touch should've been dropped. Sorry. It's just a little too long and a little too corny.

Cat Dad

Oct 25, 2017

1. Get Lucky should've been pushed up to second on the tracklist. The album just gets going with Bring Life Back to Music, and immediately slows down (imo too much) by following it with The Game of Love and then Girogio, which is a cool track but 9 minutes is a hell of a long song to be at third on the list. The album I think needed to ride the high of its opening a little more.

2. Touch should've been dropped. Sorry. It's just a little too long and a little too corny.
Hard disagree on both. Touch leads into Get Lucky beautifully and has a similar almost prelude instrumental to it in its break. Moving Get Lucky to second and presumably immediately following it with The Game of Love is even more severe of a tempo drop then it already has.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yet they awarded the 3rd greatest album out of the 00 decade.

pitchfork.com

The 200 Best Albums of the 2000s

From M.I.A. to Four Tet, Kanye West to Joanna Newsom—and the many sides of Radiohead, too—here are the albums who defined the decade
The founder/editor has walked this back a few times since then

So on top of being philistines, Pitchfork are also apparently cowards who can't stand by their own words.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
Beside a bit of Tron, I be downloading at least Discovery and Random Access Memories from Prime for some sweet tunes today. Don't think I actually heard that much from the latter, so I ought to fix that.

napkins

Nov 18, 2017
time to listen to voyager and cry
glad i got to see them live the times i did. really used to like them a lot.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017

I can maybe agree with one, but not on Touch. I think it should have just been last.

SpyGuy

Oct 30, 2017
Just found out this news AND I AM DEVASTATED.
And it's only Feb 2021 ):
Also Tron 3....

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada

Touch is easily the best song on that album, but I forgive you, it's okay to be wrong.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017

Controversial yet you're right

And I always skip Touch

mattiewheels

Oct 27, 2017

Upon listening to this again as someone who never liked this album, you rank the second and fourth songs over Touch?!? Such throwaway songs.

RedBlue

Oct 27, 2017
Queens, NY

As corny as you may think Touch is, it's the song Daft Punk decided to use in their farewell video. I'm not trying to sway what you like, my wife doesn't care for touch as much either, but I have to think this song means something to Daft Punk.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
Been listening to the stuff Guy-Manuel's label Crydamoure put out (including stuff he worked on) in the late 90's / early 2000's. A lot of it is pretty damn good. Their two "Waves" compilations are awesome.