• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nivash

Oct 25, 2017
Chloe in a sex cult? Can I get a membership?

It actually sounds like a pyramid scheme. A really shitty pyramid scheme. So, good news then! Just wait long enough and some desperate slave will eventually find and recruit you.

Seriously though, are we really going to take the Daily Mail at its word? Better yet, shouldn't we just ban it (again)? It feels icky to see those links left unfiltered. Like a nasty wound you took the band aid off too early.

Shapes

Nov 6, 2017
In no way does this sound like the ramblings of a pathologically paranoid individual. Almost.

Nivash

Oct 25, 2017
Here's a month old NY Times article about the cult if you want a more reliable source. No Allison Mack mention though. If true, this is fucked up.

Wait wait wait they had a doctor brand them with a freaking cauterizing tool!? For 20 to 30 minutes!? Jesus fuck, just use a branding iron. The way they went about it is literally torture.

EDIT: And the "doctors" got away with it because they weren't "acting as doctors" at the the time. Fuck. You. Do no harm doesn't end when you clock out; that shit's for life.

TinfoilHatsROn

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a link for sign ups or at least a mailing list?

Lol, so weird. Is this all consensual? Are them just a bunch of perverts jerking each other off?

Oh, I thought "brand" was in like a commercial sense. Not like fire involved. Sorry English is not my first language.

What the fuck is that, it's so out of left field, reminds me of Eyes Wide Shut

Can I join? Because she was my crush on smallville.

Keep in mind, it is the Daily Mail, so this could all be bullshit. One of their lead sources is some washed up actress from a 1980s soap opera I've never heard of, who thinks her daughter is in the "cult" and getting abused.

Sounds like a kinky pyramid scheme.

Shouldn't allow daily mail links.

As if headlines couldn't get any crazier this year...

Agreed. Sounds like something a trashy paper might make up.

What the hell did I just read? I can't tell if this is just some kinky stuff, or something more sinister.

Also, is there a better source than The Daily Mail?

This is so bizarre that I need more info.

But her PR dude saying "she ain't talking to the press" is a pretty odd response too.

It actually sounds like a pyramid scheme. A really shitty pyramid scheme. So, good news then! Just wait long enough and some desperate slave will eventually find and recruit you.

Seriously though, are we really going to take the Daily Mail at its word? Better yet, shouldn't we just ban it (again)? It feels icky to see those links left unfiltered. Like a nasty wound you took the band aid off too early.

It doesn't seem especially well sourced to me. Not saying it isn't true, but it reads like any sensationalist tabloid article.
Here's the NYT article about the cult from another poster.
Here's a month old NY Times article about the cult if you want a more reliable source. No Allison Mack mention though. If true, this is fucked up.

Tribal_Cult

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Do you think Kubrick came up with the idea out of thin air? These things have always existed.

Of course they do, but I've never considered them "cults". I've been to a party which was basically like this, people fucking each other senseless, master/slave fetishes, but no money involved, everyone consented and it doesn't involve their "normal life". Cults with branding and stuff like that involved are not so common I think, and it's never about sex, it's money, and possibly politics.

SteveWD40

Oct 29, 2017
Keep in mind, it is the Daily Mail, so this could all be bullshit. One of their lead sources is some washed up actress from a 1980s soap opera I've never heard of, who thinks her daughter is in the "cult" and getting abused.

It was a banned source on Gaf and for good reason, they are not above reporting rumours as news.

Mahkor

Alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Stop calling for bans on websites, we shouldn't copy the bad shit from the other site.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
I think there was rumours previously about this and that it also includes Kristen Kreuk though she apparently left the cult.

Either way it's really sad and disgusting. Recruiting women in Vancouver while filming Snellville ugh.

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
It doesn't seem especially well sourced to me. Not saying it isn't true, but it reads like any sensationalist tabloid article.
Well, the New York Times confirmed the sex cult that brands women and already wrote about it.

The DailyMail's seemingly only new info is that they're naming Allison Mack, while her team is not commenting.

Allison Mack on her website confirms to at least knowing and being mentored by Keith Raniere, who the New York Times did name. And those brands do look like you can see AM initials.

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York
"She then presides over a small group of slaves, who in turn must recruit their own set of slaves or else face corporeal punishment"

... That's a pyramid scheme of slave cults.

Jmille99

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Alison Mack in a sex cult?

mEj97.gif

How do you even run across stuff like this in the first place? Orgies?

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
I always thought Chloe was better than Lana on so many levels.

Maybe time to revalauteete.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Not what I expected to read today. Holy shit. Reasonable enough to be a little skeptical of the source but that PR response isn't encouraging at all. If this is bullshit she needs to get out in front of it ASAP.

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Oh that's so fucke.... DailyMail? Yeah ok I'll wait on a real source not some racism fuel dumpster fire. One thing I really wished we had carried over was that trash's site ban.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting and kinda disturbing that such a cult even exist.

Can I join? Because she was my crush on smallville.

Grow up.

That's because the Daily Mail is a tabloid article.

Stop calling for bans on websites, we shouldn't copy the bad shit from the other site.

Nah, the Daily Mail should be banned as not only do they report rumours as news but it exist to purely spread hatred and fear mongering.

SmarmySmurf

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Well, the New York Times confirmed the sex cult that brands women and already wrote about it.

The DailyMail's seemingly only new info is that they're naming Allison Mack, while her team is not commenting.

Allison Mack on her website confirms to at least knowing and being mentored by Keith Raniere, who the New York Times did name. And those brands do look like you can see AM initials.

I see... well that's unfortunate.

Status
Not open for further replies.