BWoog

Oct 27, 2017

Have it on good authority that this season is one of Netflix's best.

HeyNay

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere
Sounds cool. Daredevil was the only Netflix hero show I invested in. I've heard mixed reviews about the others (Luke Cage, Defenders, Jessica Jones, etc...). Now that they've been out for a while are any of them worth catching up on, or on par with Daredevil? I'd like to keep watching DD but I fear they are gonna add characters or references to which I'll have no clue what they're talking about.

SeanM

Oct 26, 2017
USA
Daredevil's first season is still the best of the Marvel Netflix shows, I hope S3 can live up to that.

OP
OP
BWoog

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds cool. Daredevil was the only Netflix hero show I invested in. I've heard mixed reviews about the others (Luke Cage, Defenders, Jessica Jones, etc...). Now that they've been out for a while are any of them worth catching up on, or on par with Daredevil? I'd like to keep watching DD but I fear they are gonna add characters or references to which I'll have no clue what they're talking about.

Jessica Jones Season 1 is the only thing that comes close (arguably the Punisher's first season as well)

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017

You'd probably like Punisher. S1 of Jessica Jones is worth watching but it's very different from Daredevil.

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017

I'm in this boat too, but apparently multiple Daredevil plotlines were advanced in the Defenders series so I guess I'm already behind and need to at least watch that so I'm caught up for DD S3.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Can I get spoiler free opinions on the recent season 2's of JJ, Luke Cage and Iron Fist?

Is it worth it to catch up on all the stuff leading up to this?

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I get that people only want to see the gritty "real" crime stuff with DareDevil, but personally I'd hate the show if they never even tried to do the ninja plots. It's just part of the character.

I also think that season 2 for better worse perfectly emulates how comic book arcs work in floppies.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Punisher is the only other one really worth watching. JJ S1 has a *great* villain but not much else going for it, and has some pretty terrible side characters/subplots.

Oh, Defenders prob is essential in bridging the second and third seasons of Daredevil, but it's only eight episodes long so not a huge investment. It's not on par with DD or Punisher, but it's ok.

HeyNay

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Somewhere
Damn, I just remembered that I watched Luke Cage and forgot about it, lmao. SHEESH. It wasn't bad... it just wasn't... memorable. I think I enjoyed it? They were in the barber shop a lot, right? Yeah, that's a show I watched.

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017

Jessica Jones has a mostly good first season that drags a little longer than it needs to while the second season isn't as strong but I think is still worth watching. Luke Cage's first season starts out very strong until the exit of a major character and then it dives into stupid comic bullshit; luckily, the second season is a lot more even and is an improvement on the whole. Iron Fist's first season isn't worth wasting a weekend on; all you need to know is that Danny Rand is the Immortal Iron Fist, sworn enemy of the Hand and protector of K'un L'un. Watch the Defenders if you wanna watch the main cast bounce off of each other, but other than that, just know that Season 3 will have Matt start in a dark place.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So it's middling at best?

giphy.gif

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in this boat too, but apparently multiple Daredevil plotlines were advanced in the Defenders series so I guess I'm already behind and need to at least watch that so I'm caught up for DD S3.

There's not much you really need to know that couldn't gleam from a plot synopsis. It's certainly better than watching ~9-10 hours of Defenders.

Nov 2, 2017
Really the only good thing to come out of the Marvel TV stuff outside Purpleman and some elements of Luke Cage Season 2. It's been way too long.

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
I couldn't hate on the Hand bits too too much, but I can't fault anyone who wasn't into it, either.

Edit: In DDs2, that is. Defenders felt like a let down.

Oct 25, 2017
Tentatively excited, largely because of the promise of Fisk coming back for a meatier role. Unfortunately the second half of Daredevil s2 with the Hand as the central antagonists is awful and I didn't care for The Defenders and its conclusion. But let's please move away from The Hand. They've had several stabs already of having them as either the central or prominent secondary antagonists and I've never liked them.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
This season he should hunt down catholic child molesting priests as the arc.

Gonzalez

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the other day while driving home from traffic I saw an ad for Iron Fist season 2 on the electronic billboard. I was like "WTF why would they have a season 2 for this shit before their only good show Daredevil".

SeanM

Oct 26, 2017
USA
Half of Season 2 is up there too. It's just a shame about all the Hand stuff.

Yeah that's true, first half started off pretty strong with The Punisher arc (I actually preferred those scenes over the actual Punisher show). Then when it started focusing on the Hand it kinda lost me.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
The last Marvel Netflix thing I watched was a few episodes of Daredevil season 2.

It was decent enough but now that there's so much more out, and of apparently middling quality, I'm reluctant to go back to it.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm optmistic after having seen Jessica Jones season 2 recently. I don't think that show dragged like a lot of the previous ones. I haven't seen Luke Cage season 2 yet so I'm hoping it's the same. There's no reason for the second halves of these shows to be weaker than the first half. Just write some shit.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Couldn't even pay me to watch defenders, I'll just read what I missed so I'm caught up for this season

Tbh my expectations for any of marvel Netflix aside from Punisher season 2 are on the floor at this point. But I still like daredevil enough to give it a shot at least

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
I want to believe.
DD season one is still my favourite Marvel Studios thing ever. By far. But the Netflixverse has sucked for so long now...
Still, l'll always give a shot to anything Daredevil so fingers crossed.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Daredevil is my only hope now. So sad that the Netflix verse just makes me shrug now, it used to be so exciting to watch these for stories that supposedly couldn't be done in the movies.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Daredevil Season 3 is supposed to be having a big showing at NYCC this year in October. I expect they will release it either during NYCC (like they had planned to do with the Punisher), or in November at the latest.

Cant wait to see Daredevil return. But now im really curious to see if they announce anything regarding the future of the Netflix Marvel shows. To my knowledge, they havent officially announced anything post Daredevil Season 3.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Daredevil Season 3 is supposed to be having a big showing at NYCC this year in October. I expect they will release it either during NYCC (like they had planned to do with the Punisher), or in November at the latest.

Cant wait to see Daredevil return. But now im really curious to see if they announce anything regarding the future of the Netflix Marvel shows. To my knowledge, they havent officially announced anything post Daredevil Season 3.
They have announced The Punisher S2 and Jessica Jones S3.

Some episodes of the third season, according to Wikipedia. So, yeah...
I wouldn't judge Erik on what he has done in the past. Apparently this season of Daredevil is hella good.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Daredevil is nice so I'll be there. Glad something good is coming along. Luke bored me to tears in season two again. Liked the villain though.

Nakenorm

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Will always be hyped for more Daredevil. Easily up there with Spidey as my favorite comicbook characters.

Maximo

Oct 25, 2017
Can;t wait for the character progression of Wilson Fisk, he's finally becoming *The Kingpin* you could see the change when he goes and visits him in jail...