Deleted member 388

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In a post-Defenders world, this is the only Netflix Marvel show I care about. Excited to see where it goes.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Amazing that it took so many years to get two seasons of each show but now we have a season of each character in one year. I'm glad they got the production sped up now.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Hope its good. Really enjoyed season 1 and 2. The other marvel netflix shows are so hit and miss. The first half of luke cage was great, second not so much. Ironfist was like watching a trainwreck...I just couldn't look away.

Didn't give the punisher, defenders or Jessica jones a watch. I ain't got time for stuff thats "so-so". Maybe I'll give them a chance to catch up with the netflix marvel stories but...I dunno lol.

Kinsaras

Aug 10, 2018
Hope its good. Really enjoyed season 1 and 2. The other marvel netflix shows are so hit and miss. The first half of luke cage was great, second not so much. Ironfist was like watching a trainwreck...I just couldn't look away.

Didn't give the punisher, defenders or Jessica jones a watch. I ain't got time for stuff thats "so-so". Maybe I'll give them a chance to catch up with the netflix marvel stories but...I dunno lol.

Punisher is the best one out of all of them. Jessica Jones season 1 is second best.

JJ S2 really dropped the ball though.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Season 2 just had too much going on. Hand, Elektra, Punisher, good lord.

The Punisher/Kingpin scene was incredible, though.
It's not a matter of too much going on. Karen simply wasn't part of the Hand plot at all until the very end, she was on Frank's thread. It's just that the Hand stuff had so little substance or explanation for what was actually happening or what they wanted.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
was the defenders worth watching? feel like it came and went so quickly when it should've been a bit bigger deal.

I watched dd 1&2 and luke cage and that's it.... just haven't been able to care about the Netflix shows

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Daredevil S1 and Punisher S1 are the only 2 marvel netflix shows I consider legit good. Despite a very weak second half in the second season, I still have good hope for this.

Wait and see.

Dragoon

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

Have it on good authority that this season is one of Netflix's best.
When comes to their actual originals, that doesn't mean much to me. :P Especially in the drama space. Still, DD is my favorite MCU Netflix tv show I love and will watch it day 1 along with the Punisher (tapping out of their other 4 shows)

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
Punisher is the best one out of all of them. Jessica Jones season 1 is second best.

Punisher was an excellent series. My favorite easily though Daredevil and Luke Cage were both really good too imo.

If Vincent D'Onofrio's character isn't more prominently featured in Season 3 I will be hugely disappointed. Not only is Vincent one of my favorite actors period but his interpretation was spot on in my opinion. One of the best Marvel characters on any screen big or small.

It's not a matter of too much going on. Karen simply wasn't part of the Hand plot at all until the very end, she was on Frank's thread. It's just that the Hand stuff had so little substance or explanation for what was actually happening or what they wanted.

Agreed. For me personally, Karen and Foggy, or at least how they've been directed or written, hasn't been my taste. They've both been better in their cameos in other series than in the DD prime.

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
I liked Karen a lot at the start of Season 2, and the actress plays so damn well off of Frank, both here and in the Punisher show.

She was excellent in The Punisher. Bernthal and Her killed it. She is a talented actress for sure. I like Elden Henson/Foggy too. I just feel their arcs in Daredevil weren't capitalized on and sometimes outright bungled.

Thrill_house

Oct 27, 2017
Good, then watch Punisher and Jessica Jones

Ok you guys have sold me on the punisher and JJ. I'll give them a shot then. As long as its not another "Arrow"(I'll never forgive my friend for recommending that garbage lol) situation for me I'm sure I'll enjoy them. Thanks!

Shadow-Link

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The defenders killed my hype for this season. I didn't like Matt at all, he was obnoxious. I hope it's good.

CassCade

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
After season 2, I am on the fence about watching another season, the only good part about it was the punisher arc, the rest was average.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Watching Iron Fist season 2 is a struggle. All these Netflix Marvel all looking similar.

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
Whats interesting about teaser is Matt is wearing his black ninja outift from season 1. Im so in for this season as i suspect it will be basically Born Again arc

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
Unlike shows like JJ and Iron First, even when Daredevil isn't that good it's still very watchable to me, And when it's good it's great.

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
The only stuff confirmed at the moment is:
Daredevil season 3
The Punisher season 2
Jessica Jones season 3
If we're not getting Defenders S2 then they better greenlight Luke Cage S3 soon. It's the only show out of the 5 individual characters that I really like.

Last edited:

astro

Oct 25, 2017
DD is the best Marvel show imo and even then it's full of issues.

Karen and Foggy are often used so poorly in ways that they act as grounding for Matt but often in the most self righteous and insufferable way possible. They're so immensely unlikable much of the time and their drama takes up far too much of the story.

I think this is my last shot at a Marvel season.

After IF S1, LC S2, JJ S2, The Punisher, and Defenders they've probably been they have no interest in moving away from their format of filling space with mundane soap opera and ridiculously omnipresent cross over characters.

I remember how much potential this universe had when DD first aired, and look at us now...

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
So are we getting Defenders Season 2 after this?
The Defenders was hugely disruptive on the production schedules. Netflix had to shut down the four individual shows just to free up the actors for it, which is why we're only just now getting new seasons of DD, JJ and Cage this year, 2-3 years after their last seasons aired. I doubt they'll do that again for a long time, if ever.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
I can only hope s3 has far less Hand, and less Elektra.

S2 was held back because of both.

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
The Defenders was hugely disruptive on the production schedules. Netflix had to shut down the four individual shows just to free up the actors for it, which is why we're only just now getting new seasons of DD, JJ and Cage this year, 2-3 years after their last seasons aired. I doubt they'll do that again for a long time, if ever.
I wasn't aware of this, wow. Makes sense. I'm still hoping for S2 though, Luke and Danny especially are fun together.

clay_ghost

Oct 25, 2017

I can see a Defenders Netflix movie ( or a mini series of 3/4 Episodes) happening once DD and JJ warped up their S3. I don't see them doing more that 3 seasons for all the Marvel Netflix shows. I am also in the camp that LC and IF will not have a S3 and will be combined into a heroes for hire show.

Hopefully this is better than the garbage that was Season 2.

DD is actually in a interesting place and due for a great story arc adaption due to the events of The Defenders. I still have hope for DDS3.

KimiNewt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can see a Defenders Netflix movie ( or a mini series of 3/4 Episodes) happening once DD and JJ warped up their S3. I don't see them doing more that 3 seasons for all the Marvel Netflix shows. I am also in the camp that LC and IF will not have a S3 and will be combined into a heroes for hire show.

DD is actually in a interesting place and due for a great story arc adaption due to the events of The Defenders. I still have hope for DDS3.
Can you spoil the defenders just as far as it pertains to daredevil?
I skipped it after not liking JJ and Luke Cage.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
I guess I'm in the minority that liked all of Daredevil season 2, including The Hand subplot. I also didn't think Defenders was that bad ( actually thought that it needed more than 8 episodes). So count me in as excited for season 3 of Daredevil
Idk if it's the hyperbole of forum talk or maybe I just enjoy bad things or something. Seeing DD season 2 called a hot mess just confuses me.

I've only been meh on Iron Fist and JJ season 2 so far. Excited for DD season 3 because while I've enjoyed the other series it's been DD that's been #1.

Oct 27, 2017
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Very excited for DD Season 3!! I enjoy all the MCU Netflix shows (to varying degrees) but Daredevil is definitely my favorite. Hopefully we get Bullseye and Kingpin back out of prison doing his thing...

for my dream never-going-to-happen crossover/confrontation with Spider-Man, haha

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Charlie Cox has a six or seven-year contract, and I assume the other leads have something similar. Unless the shows are bombing, I don't see Netflix wrapping up any of them after a third season. I also don't think merging Cage and Iron Fist into one show is all that feasible, if for no other reason that it'd be putting at least one entire production crew -- including directors, writers, and producers that may have longer-term deals -- out of work.

clay_ghost

Oct 25, 2017
Can you spoil the defenders just as far as it pertains to daredevil?
I skipped it after not liking JJ and Luke Cage.

The hand are all dead , Electra was resurrected and was buried under the Midland Circle building alongside Daredevil. Daredevil is presumed dead by all but was somehow brought to a chapel to be nursed by nuns, it was hinted that his mother is in the church. It is likily that they will adapt Born Again for DDS3.
May not be relevant but Danny took over to defend New York for DD.

Also LC is now the Kingpin of Harlem

Charlie Cox has a six or seven-year contract, and I assume the other leads have something similar. Unless the shows are bombing, I don't see Netflix wrapping up any of them after a third season. I also don't think merging Cage and Iron Fist into one show is all that feasible, if for no other reason that it'd be putting at least one entire production crew -- including directors, writers, and producers that may have longer-term deals -- out of work.

Its just my feeling since reception to the shows after The defenders are mixed . You do have a point.