Gparan

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Daredevil is the only Netflix marvel show I still trust. After the one two punch of Luke Cage and Iron fist I have lost any confidence I have ever had in Netflix Marvel shows.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Sounds cool. Daredevil was the only Netflix hero show I invested in. I've heard mixed reviews about the others (Luke Cage, Defenders, Jessica Jones, etc...). Now that they've been out for a while are any of them worth catching up on, or on par with Daredevil? I'd like to keep watching DD but I fear they are gonna add characters or references to which I'll have no clue what they're talking about.
Punisher?

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Netflix season I was interested in the most soon approaches...

demondance

Oct 27, 2017
As meandering and confused as DD S2 was, it still felt like Daredevil. And so it was watchable for me. Maybe because the character is a perfect fit for this kind of format.

The rest very much feel like Prestige TV remixes of the characters. Making Iron Fist into a dour drama should get you sent to the Hague.

So I guess I'll watch another Marvel show.

Oct 28, 2017
Sounds cool. Daredevil was the only Netflix hero show I invested in. I've heard mixed reviews about the others (Luke Cage, Defenders, Jessica Jones, etc...). Now that they've been out for a while are any of them worth catching up on, or on par with Daredevil? I'd like to keep watching DD but I fear they are gonna add characters or references to which I'll have no clue what they're talking about.

Watch Daredevil season 1 and 2, Defenders season 1 (for story reasons), and the Punisher, in that order. That should be everything you need. Any cameos from other characters should be understandable enough thanks to Defenders.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
With Matt gone, I fear we won't get much court action if any at all this season.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's hard for me to muster up the strength to get back on the horse after the hot fucking mess S2 was. Season 1 had a solid escalation to it but S2 felt like a cobbled together mess. Plus there's the ongoing issue of Foggy being both an awful character and an utterly unconvincing actor.

SilentSoldier

Oct 27, 2017
I guess I'm in the minority that liked all of Daredevil season 2, including The Hand subplot. I also didn't think Defenders was that bad ( actually thought that it needed more than 8 episodes). So count me in as excited for season 3 of Daredevil

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017

I'm kind of the same, watched almost every other netflix show but they didn't really grab so I'm only sticking with DD and Punisher (due to DD season 2).

DJ_Lae

Oct 27, 2017
Edmonton
I'm excited, but cautiously so. Daredevil is still the only one of the only Defenders shows that I've enjoyed, and it also set expectations for the others that they all failed to hit - especially the abomination that is Iron Fist.

Even Daredevil wasn't completely solid in the second season, so hopefully it picks up from there.

Oct 25, 2017
I really liked DD seasons 1 and 2 along with The Punisher. Jessica Jones season 1 was pretty cool. I watched the first 3/4 of Luke Cage and haven't finished it. Haven't seen anything else. I'll definitely watch DD season 3 though.

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
Would be neat if Jessica showed up for an episode or two. Jessica and Matt's interactions were the best parts of the Defenders.

May 26, 2018
honestly I've lost track of the tv universe after the first season of Luke Cage

hope it's good tho

also seeing him in the black outfit has me unreasonably excited. Love that thing.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I'm still struggling to get through Jessica Jones and Luke Cage season 2, let alone have no passion to even watch the new Iron Fist (season 1 was by far the worst netflix marvel show imo).

I hope DD season 3 is leaps and bounds better. Most of all I REALLY wish ithey'd freaking hire some decent cinematographers and set designers so we can get away from such generic looking "warehouses" galore, like every single show takes place in the same looking warehouse at points throughout its storyline. It's like the "sewer" levels in video games, no one likes them but they ALWAYS got to put them in every single rpg out there.

cLOUDo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Will this season be a Daredevil vs Fisk round 2?
If that's so I'm totally in

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
I get that people only want to see the gritty "real" crime stuff with DareDevil, but personally I'd hate the show if they never even tried to do the ninja plots. It's just part of the character.

I also think that season 2 for better worse perfectly emulates how comic book arcs work in floppies.
See when Daredevil Season 1 was coming out I was thinking "I wonder if they're gonna do the silly ninja stuff with The Hand" I appreciate the fact that they did it and everything but the execution was kinda all over the place. It got really repetitive with the ninja battles and didn't have a satisfying conclusion. I'm just waiting on Bullseye to show up and ruin Matt's life. Please do it now, in season 3. I'm fucking ready.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Can;t wait for the character progression of Wilson Fisk, he's finally becoming *The Kingpin* you could see the change when he goes and visits him in jail...
I've been Re-watching Daredevil season 2 and yeah, I can't wait for him to return (hopefully in S3, but I haven't been keeping up with the news about it). The small role he had in DDS2 was so great.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Can't wait for this. Marvel Netflix rebounded after their rough period last summer.

If they can top season 2 of Daredevil, we're in for a treat.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can I get spoiler free opinions on the recent season 2's of JJ, Luke Cage and Iron Fist?

Is it worth it to catch up on all the stuff leading up to this?

Jessica Jones S2 is a tad flawed but still a goodish watch despite it's problems. Luke Cage S2 is pretty good, and has a great villain in Bushmaster. Still has some writing problems but hey. Iron Fist S2 is oddly enough the best. It's much zippier thanks to being only 10 eps and has by far the best action. Also Colleen Wing and Misty Knight basically get their own mini season and it's awesome. Alice Eve absolutely kills it too. She's awesome.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I'm one of the weirdos who enjoyed season 2 because I loved Elektra. Can't wait.

Oct 27, 2017
Season 2 was a step down from Season 1 but it was still better than the rest of the Marvel Netflix shows. The Hand kinda dragged the show down, but at least Elektra and Nobu were entertaining to watch.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Jessica Jones and The Punisher are mostly good. Luke Cage is really inconsistent but has a great cast and some great scenes. Fist and Defenders is crap but Fist season 2 has Coleen and Misty.