Oct 29, 2017
Hell yeah! I made it out of Blighttown, but now this fucker seems to have moved into my swimming pool....

Lol, seriously, what the hell is that about?

Also, I just couldn't resist taking on the boss fight in Demon Ruins, which was not working out well for me at all.....until I discovered a way to cheese him and end the fight real quick. The rest of Demon Ruins will have to wait until later.

Not the easy way I was expecting lmao

Y2Kev

Oct 25, 2017
I beat the game! I got to Sif and he killed me there as expected and that's the canon end of the game. Yay Sif! Winner of Dark Soul!

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017
Hell yeah! I made it out of Blighttown, but now this fucker seems to have moved into my swimming pool....

Also, I just couldn't resist taking on the boss fight in Demon Ruins, which was not working out well for me at all.....until I discovered a way to cheese him and end the fight real quick. The rest of Demon Ruins will have to wait until later.

Whenever I meet the dude in the pool - you chat to him later - all I can think is how bad his breath must be...

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Did a few more runs through Sen's Fortress. I think I got almost all the treasure there, aside from the ones guarded by the Titanite Demons. Saving those for later.

It's weird. I either steamroll through the place or I make brain-dead mistakes and get killed in embarrassing manners. There's no middle way.

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

[SPOIL[/SPOILER]

you should see the extra cheese :P

Branson

Oct 27, 2017
Did a few more runs through Sen's Fortress. I think I got almost all the treasure there, aside from the ones guarded by the Titanite Demons. Saving those for later.

It's weird. I either steamroll through the place or I make brain-dead mistakes and get killed in embarrassing manners. There's no middle way.
Me and a friend did this last night. Its not hard persay, but you have to not rush or youll get fucked instantly. It also seems to be a popular place to invade people at. We were invaded everytime we got in there at the entrance.

Pendas

Oct 28, 2017
Do you have a moveset that you like the most?

I've never really used 2 Handed Weapons in the Souls games, mostly stuck to 1 Handed so I wouldn't have any preference. Something similar to a Longsword I guess? I like weapons with broad strikes.

Murakamo is pretty great, curved greatsword that will benefit from 30/30 well and is really good two handed (good one handed moveset too. You can also pick up the Server in Blighttown which is similar

Also can't go wrong with the Black Knight weapons. The Black Knight Greataxe is my favorite weapon in the game. But you can't buff them

Yeah Murakamo and Great Scythe were the two I was looking at. I only have the Black Knight Greatsword right now so I'd have to get lucky for that drop before trying it out. I hear good things about the Obsidian Greatsword. Do you have any experience with that?

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
I never went to the Painted World back in the day. I didn't even know it existed until after I finished the game. It was cool to explore a new area for me. I'm hoping to get the same feeling from the DLC.

It was pretty challenging, too. Those bloated head hollows are scary since they have ranged attacks but can also Toxic you in an instant. Status effects last for so long in this game compared to the later ones, holy crap.

I'm starting to feel the heat from my no added Vitality run. I've got 40 STR and 40 Faith. I can one shot almost everything with my Great Club but in turn almost everything kills me in two hits, hah.

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I am playing on PS4 and when the game starts there is message about hackers and cheater.

Does that mean i am softbanned or is it a general message?I never used any hacks of course

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
Loved the Big Hat Logan questline, been rocking his Big Hat and a Strength/Dexterity build with the Black Knight Halberd and Pursuers spell. I've been taking a break the past couple days because I'm basically at the point of facing Gwyn and I'm just in the endgame looking up what I should do.

gosublime

Oct 25, 2017
I am playing on PS4 and when the game starts there is message about hackers and cheater.

Does that mean i am softbanned or is it a general message?I never used any hacks of course

I think it's a general message - I get it and don't think I've been hacked/softbanned. Although I am now worried!

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
Unless your build is terrible and/or you come to the boss super early, cheesing takes longer than just killing him normally, especially the fog gate method. Just save him for later in the game and kill him in 2 tentacle slams. Takes 20 seconds.

I always kill him early for his souls when I get the gold hemmed set.

Oct 27, 2017
London
Summoned 2 players to help me with the gargoyles, screw it. I was slowly getting the hang of the fight and what strategies to use but I ran out of patience lol. Capra Demon and his dogs are annoying. Capra's moveset isn't so bad if you got rid of the dogs.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
My strength build just ripped through Iron Golem as if he were made of paper. I couldn't believe how fast he went down.

AbbaZabba

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Man the Undead Merchant is such an asshole. I just went to get the Reinforced Club and see if he had anything else worth buying, but he was such a dick I ended up walking out of there with the Uchitanga (same thing happened when I originally played it lol).

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
I know a lot of people make fun of the DS2 bosses, but man there is a fair few shitty bosses in the original DS. Ceaseless Discharge being one of the main offenders.

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
Second vagrant sighting so far

DeyYok3VQAA_KHx.jpg

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Had no Estus left at the end because the boulder traps reset for some reason.
I hate the game keeps doing this even when you already got to the boulder control.

I think there's an invisible switch in those two rooms (with the one snake guy and the trap in the middle of the corridor) between the two boulder slopes that automatically adjusts their trajectory to the route you're following. Fine and dandy when you visit that place the first time. But the moment you manually adjust the turntable, that 'invisible' switch should permanently turn off.

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I always kill him early for his souls when I get the gold hemmed set.
Same. Quelaag, Ceasleless one, two is too nice a chunk of souls to resist that early on, plus I usually want to pick up the Large Fire Ember and hopefully a chunk or two from the pop-up centipede things. Feels good boning back to the Parish and straight in to Sen's afterwards.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Beat the Iron Golem on my second try, solo. He wasn't even that hard. First time he flung me off the edge with his grab attack (cheap, man...), the second time I stuck to his legs and he toppled over two times, making it easy to whale into him with my Dark Knight Sword.

Manzoli

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Finally beat Quelaag and got out of Blighttown. That place is an absolute ball ache.
Got some sort of mental block thing going on and kept falling off the wheel on the way out.
Never been this far before, now no idea where to go next.
Firelink Shrine is out, I'm in the Undead Burg. Darkroom Garden, Sens Fortress, Valley of the Drakes are all places I've access to but haven't been to yet. I'm really enjoying it this time, but I'm getting worried it's about to get even harder from here on out.

If its your first time, sens fortress can take a bit of effort to conquer... But its after this that things get a little more tricky...

Dont give up, the best boss fights are after those 2 areas.

I know its better to go in blind but consider seeking a guide just to access the dlc... Artorias is the best boss fight of the entire series in my opinion.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
It's easy when you figure it out. Can run through it in 2-3 min without fighting anything.

It's bullshit when you slip for no god damn reason. The drop when the golem is waiting for you. I don't know where to go from there and have no time to look because the golem is on me. I've slipped to my death like 8 times. Fuck this section. At least let me fight him.

StaffyManasse

Oct 28, 2017
Okay now. I can see myself beating O and S one day. But that day is not this day (got to get some sleep).

They're cool bosses even if I generally don't enjoy these kind of dual encounters. Always seems like the camera is the third enemy.

Oh well, going to be a few days break anyway.

Khalid030

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I've never done this quest. I always mess it up. It's a terrible quest.
I never bothered with sidequests until now with this remastered edition. This guy died in lost izalith, eventhough I killed like 3 or 4 of those chaos eaters and even damaged the last one, he couldn't even manage to stay alive with more than 50% health -_-