• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
How does one go about getting the Praise the Sun emote and is it worth it?

Obviously it's worth it, right?

You have to reach
the altar of Sunlight in the Undead Parish

Of course it's worth it. How else are you going to spam it everytime you Sunbro with all the gross incandesence of a Warrior of Sunlight?

1BcaPNG.jpg

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Is it worth doing the DLC before fighting Sif just to see the slightly changed intro cutscene?

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Is it worth doing the DLC before fighting Sif just to see the slightly changed intro cutscene?

It's the better cutscene for sure, but it's up to you.

Sif is a fantastic way to get a lot of souls early on if you do co-op, as it's a fairly easy boss, and you get around 40,000 souls per go if I remember correctly.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Never finished this game. Played it countless times on every system I own. Played the remaster with guide for the first time (which I never do basically) and put 20 hours in but fell off...
Still tempted to byu this because... Souls on the go.

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017
Never finished this game. Played it countless times on every system I own. Played the remaster with guide for the first time (which I never do basically) and put 20 hours in but fell off...
Still tempted to byu this because... Souls on the go.

Do it. Souls on the go is the greatest invention since the Internet.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in! Almost screwed up the Asylum Demon on my first try, but now I'm in Lordran again and it feels good.

My bandit, Barb Arella:

nye9x.jpg

Deleted member 33571

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Ok, what's the deal with games that have "thief" classes but no stealing mechanic? This game has both a "thief" and "bandit" class but nothing to steal. Not even stealth or anything like that.

(I know it's a holdover from more traditional open-ended RPGs but it's always been weird to me)

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Capra and Gaping dragon down, so off to Blighttown shortly as I make my way downwards. It's skippable, of course, with the Master Key, but I fancied going all the way down and experiencing it at a good framerate :)

Whilst in The Depths I managed to not get cursed, defeated the NPC Invader (he also appears... Tomb of the Giants and the Fire area?), can't remember if his gear his is any good but the souls he dropped was decent.

I seem to remember having some decent rings for added attack power, but I can't really remember where I got them now. I can remember some locations, not others (Gold Serp is in Sens, handy ring).

What are the co-op ranges? I've been playing with some very powerful co-op players. It used to be + or - 10sl didn't it? Maybe not.

OP
OP
entremet

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Souls on the Go is so amazing. I thought I was done with this game with the PS4 Remaster, but on the go is a totally different beast. Hard to explain why.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Feeling like a badass, and then I run into a Black Knight.

skullwaker

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I picked this up, despite never finishing the original on PS3 years ago, even though I enjoyed what I played of it.

Gonna give it another shot here and see how far I can get. My starting class is Knight and my gift is the Tiny Being's Ring, because lord knows I need all the HP I can get in this game.

UCBooties

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Pennsylvania, USA
I beat the Capra demon. Heavier armor and a heavy shield helped me not get pushed around by the dogs. It wasn't what I was planning for a sorcery build but it works quite well.

Deleted member 21326

User requested account closure.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I love all the shortcuts, you unlock. The world seems interconnected. Reminds me of Metroid. About to head into lost izalith.

h0tp0ck3t

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

There's another path you can unlock nearby to get there quicker

Damn it. I tried riding up the water wheel but couldn't figure out where to go. Well at least I'm rocking my black knight Halberd one handed now and equipped light enough for no movement penalty.

Also having never played before but heard about amazing chest ahead I got a damn good laugh out of
Quelaag
XD

Edit: boy am I stupid. Found it, thank God I didn't have to go back the way I came in!

Last edited:

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I managed to get through Oolacile Township in one go which was surprising to me since those casters are always a huge pain in my ass. Decided to give Manus a try and after getting his health down to 40% pretty quickly he decided to promptly fuck me over with his ridiculous spells. I forgot how much of a pain he is.

Might have to just come back to him later once I have Darkmoon blade.

Ceadeus

Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Damn it. I tried riding up the water wheel but couldn't figure out where to go. Well at least I'm rocking my black knight Halberd one handed now and equipped light enough for no movement penalty.

Also having never played before but heard about amazing chest ahead I got a damn good laugh out of
Quelaag
XD

Edit: boy am I stupid. Found it, thank God I didn't have to go back the way I came in!

Good job

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh so when you hear the bells that's another player reaching them in their game? I never knew.

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
man idk what it is about Dark Souls.

Its my comfort food game. When the world is crazy and things in my life seem out of control... I can always return to the land of lordran, where things just make sense and I have complete control over what happens there. There's always some new way to approach something that is so familiar too,.

I know a poster made a thread about how it's a metaphor for depression and it's one of the best threads on this site, if not the best and I agree.

But Dark Souls is also an existential metacommentary. It reminds us that life is more pain than pleasure, more failure than success. But our persistence in spite of suffering and cooperation with other people experiencing the same problems, make the triumphs that much sweeter. It's how we reaffirm our humanity.

Last edited: