Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
Possibly.

Though I wouldn't say that one minute trailer convinced me this has had years of dev time. It looks noticeably lower budget than Darksiders 3.
It's being made by a different studio, a smaller one that took 2 years to release Battlechasers Nightwars in 2017. It makes more sense that this was developed after the release of that compare to developing something else for a year then switching to this after DS:3(after it flopped for some reason) and trying to get a game out within a year.

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
have they said anything about if it will have co op?
Steam page shows coop(local and online) and the trailer shows Strife and War at the same time doing stuff.
Edit:from steam page
"
Swap between the powerful swordsman War and Strife instantly in frenetic, single-player gameplay
Explore the epic world of Darksiders and wreak havoc with a friend in two-player cooperative mode
"

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017

Manu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
This, it's a biblical themed origin story, It's hard to get more fitting name than Genesis.

The real question is what their cheeky pun name for the re-release will be. :P
ReGenesis.jpg

Elixist

Oct 31, 2017
im glad i clicked on the thread this looks kinda fantastic, with the diabloish stuff plus some light platforming, reminds me of the lara croft games a bit (loved those titles wish they kept making them) artystyle lookin cleeen too, no surprise there i've always liked joes stuff.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
What do you mean? It's perfect for the game, it having a biblical theme and all that.

I wouldn't call it perfect at all personally, merely generic. A prequel being called "Genesis", regardless of its biblical implications, is no less groan-inducing to me than something called Title: Origins, Title: Revelations, Title: Armageddon, Title: Unleashed etc.

Just personal preference.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
A Darksiders take on Diablo...interesting. And it looks pretty great to boot.

You're probably going to be waiting a while; Darksiders 3's launch wasn't really that long ago. (They haven't even released all the DLC for it yet...)

That's true. And really, I still need to even buy that game. I've been a little reluctant to do so at full price though. Did you play it?

ravnelis

Prophet of Regret
Jan 1, 2018
Wow it actually looks... great? Not what I expected, but I will keep and eye on this!

DarkDetective

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
curious to see what today's game is going to be. i hope their switch streak continues.
There was an e-mail to press some time ago that revealed they had two unannounced games playable at E3, one of which is a remake of a game in a "galactically beloved franchise". I don't think they were teasing SpongeBob this way, so I think they're referring to today's game. I don't think SpongeBob is playable at E3, so that only increases the chance that they're referring to today's game.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/th...e-announcements-at-e3-read-staff-post.117764/

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I'm not convinced it's going to be as Diablo-like as others think, maybe something more like Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light. It'll depend on how loot heavy it is but there's no indication that loot is even going to be a thing in this game.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
isn't the story in present time finished?

It's been a long time since I played the first game, but it did end of something of a cliffhanger. War had broken the final seal to officially start the apocalypse, making him an enemy of the forces of Heaven and Hell. The game ends with the other horsemen coming to earth, and it is implied they will help him bring down the celestial conspiracy. On top of that there were a lot of characters that were implied to be important in the present plot like Lilith and demon lord that is freed as part of the story.

The concept of giving each horseman their own prequel game has definitely stopped being fun now that the franchise constantly feels on the verge of dying. I can understand people just wanting some kind of narrative resolution to all the lingering plot threads.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
I know it's not Darksiders, but how is Battle Chasers for someone unfamiliar with the IP? I'm really keen to play it some day.

truly101

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Draksiders Diable could easily work, but it seems a mistake to not have Fury and Death as well...unless thats paid DLC

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
I know it's not Darksiders, but how is Battle Chasers for someone unfamiliar with the IP? I'm really keen to play it some day.

I'm unfamiliar with the ip, it's pretty good but the story is boring and at some point you might have to grind a bit to progress, I got bored towards the end and abandoned it.

I still recommend it though, I had fun for a bunch of hs, the combat system and characters/monsters design is phenomenal.

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
if you LOVE classic turn based RPG then it's for you, if not, then not at all
Need to ad point to point movement. No freedom on maps until you get to exploration areas which are typically the dungeons. It's nice. It scratched an itch, but could have been more. Partially limited by the three party member system. Got to give me more spots man. FF4 had it right with 5.