• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Man... every girl I've taken out over the past month has bugged the crap out of me.

Yesterday I was out with a girl who would not stop talking and telling me embarrassing stories about herself. It was like getting shot with a machine gun for two hours but the bullets were vapid words hitting me in the face (with bad breath to boot). I even offered her a stick of gum which she declined.

Were walking out of our venue and there was a cab nearby... I didn't want to pay for a cab ride home, but I hopped in it just as a means to end the torture. It was worth every penny.

Anyway, long story short... I'm back in the dating scene after a hiatus since October and will be posting here a bit more in this thread again. Some of the regulars here may remember me as a dude with a Metal Slug avatar on the old site. Well, I'm back. Good to see y'all.

LightEntite

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nope, he's been through this before. As soon as he shows serious interest she backs off. She's just sexually harrasing him for kicks.

Oh, damn....I dont really know how to react to that.

Huh....if she like 100% actually has no intention of lending him cookies and is actually just doing it purely to fuck with him, then I feel like she's probably a right nutcase and cutting ties with her would be best sooner rather than later. People with fragile egos are dangerous.
Yesterday I was out with a girl who would not stop talking and telling me embarrassing stories about herself. It was like getting shot with a machine gun for two hours but the bullets were vapid words hitting me in the face (with bad breath to boot). I even offered her a stick of gum which she declined.

gah damn bruh

LightEntite

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
A few weeks ago, I told her I went to another female friend's house. Today, she randomly asked why I went to her house. Thought that was weird. Just told her the truth, and she didn't inquire more.

She's also been doing a suggestive "come here" hand motion to me for the past two days. It's not the typical motion that uses only the pointer finger, but all her fingers. I think it's hot.

do you ACTUALLY even like this girl???

At this point you're either the most oblivious guy ever, or you're just straight trolling everyone involved including us

because it sounds like you get off on her attention more than you do her actual person

Introvert

Nov 5, 2017
How did that situation start?
"Hey wanna look at my tits?"
"Can I cop a feel?'
"Sure"
"Thanks!"

I'll try to paraphrase as I can't remember every detail.

To start off, if you remember how I said she asked me to go to a strip club with her on a three occasions, she asked me again (this was after I asked her out). I didn't give her a reply at that time because her friend was there working along beside her. Anyway, a couple of weeks after that, she came to work intoxicated on the weekend (little to no supervision on weekends) and I remembered her telling me that when she drinks, how she never remembers what happens. So I took the opportunity to tell her I would go to a strip club with her and she said she would take me the next time she goes.

Fast forward to what I posted about, I can't remember exactly how it started, but we were working for sometime without me talking or I was just giving her one word answers. I was kinda angry with her because she came in around the same time I came in, but disappeared for two hours, only to return and tell me that she fell asleep because she had two shots to tequila before she arrived.

She could tell I was angry, so she tried to pull this mental judo logic that she always does in any situation where she perceives I might be thinking negatively about her. She brought up something Cupid (my work friend who tried to play Cupid for us) and I did a while back, and tried to make it seem like she had the right to be angry. When I smashed her logic and showed her to be a hypocrite, she got angry and stormed away.

When she came back about 10 minutes later, she had completely changed. She started telling and asking me all sorts of sexually explicit things. She said I needed some sex in my life. How I wouldn't come into work every day (since starting almost a year ago, I've had perfect attendance) if I was having sex. That she needed to take me to a strip club to make me understand. I started debating with her that it couldn't be as great as people make it out to be.

Fast forward some, she said she'd show me her "boobs" for $20. I said no. She then asked me if I would like to feel each one for $20 each. I said no, that's prostitution, and I wouldn't be able to respect her as person if I did. We then got into a debate about whether strippers were prostituting themselves. She asked if I wanted to feel them for free. I was very flustered at this point and said "I'm not going to answer that.". She then grabbed my arm and told me she wasn't letting go unless I gave her an answer. She told me that men have urges and that she knew I wanted to grab them but I was just scared of what might happen. Eventually I did admit it. So she led me into the men's room, pulled her top/bra down, and I touched them. Then she put her hands over mine and massaged them in. The whole thing lasted only a brief moment.

When we started working again, she told me not to tell Cupid and to "take it to the grave or I'll put you in a grave". Then she asked me a bunch of questions, like how the experience was, what I thought of her breasts, if I thought she was crazy, etc. She told me when you have sex with someone who has a lot of experience, it can be really enjoyable. There's more you can do with breasts than just feeling them; you can like them, put your penis between them, etc. She flashed me a couple of more time during the night, told me she would grab my penis some time when I wasn't expecting it, and how one of these days she would take me to one of the secluded spots in the building and we'd do some "other stuff", but the breasts would be the first lesson for now. We also "shot the shit" regarding a lot of general life stuff, like our commute times, applying to other jobs (no one likes the graveyard shift), etc. before heading home.

I also solved the mystery of why she runs "hot and cold" sometimes. She opened up some and told me about her medical issues; chronic bronchitis and migraines. She said they make her tired/sluggish and "out of it" sometimes.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
I'd say to report her to HR, but you also crossed the line into acting completely unprofessionally.

You also need a therapist.

I'm sorry, but you (probably) really shouldn't be dating. You definitely shouldn't be dating a single mom (with baby daddy issues) who shows up to work drunk and fondles your dick on the job.

She sounds like a garbage person, and you're desperate enough to continually make excuses for her.

This is not a romance.

This may be a hookup.

This should not be your first hookup, because you've got no clue what you're doing and will predictably catch feelings.

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
Hello DatingERA. I'm reporting on my situation after 23487agdfs years but I can at least say that finally everything is done for good with my ex. Previously, I shared that having my ex still added on social media was causing me to be more depressed than ever everytime I saw her posting and stuff... So I end up deleting her once and for all. I felt like utter shit for several weeks tbh wich is why I also didn't kinda feel like reporting back. I thought she was gonna contact me to ask me why I did it but nope... she simply didn't gave a fuck. I had enough of feeling like shit because of that so after several difficult weeks I can finally say I managed to get over her for real this time. It was a real pain in the butt dealing with a breakup of this sort because of my anxiety and depression and the lack of actual friends to talk about it but I did it.

Now I'm back to be the lonely wolf I used to be but at least I don't have nervous breakdwons everytime I think about her because I don't give a damn about her anymore, wich is nice. Now I'm just back on having the usual nervous breakdowns because of life anxiety... yay! I haven't talked to anybody in months. The only thing that happened was that I kinda started texting back to a girl I used to have a crush on before this one wich I also meet on Tinder more than a year ago. Everything was going ok with her and it seems she was also still kiiiiiinda interested too, she even end up asking me to go out together certain day, wich was unexpected but nice so I accepted and we set up the date to certain day. That certain day came and nothing happened. Days and days passed and still nothing until I send her a dumb emoji to report me just to see what kind of excuse she came up. She finally texted back with "sorryyyy for dissapearing, I got very sick that day and I totally forgot to notify you!". Yeah, right...

It seems she backed out on the last minute and decided to use the good ol' ghosting with me instead. I haven't text her back since then. I don't have tolerance for shit like that anymore so I'm just letting it go too. Has dating become innecesarily difficult nowadays or is it always been this difficult? It feels like everything always tends to overcomplicate, even for the tiniest things instead of simply go to the point and say whatever you have to say if somethings is wrong. It's super annoying, but oh well. I haven't go back to Tinder because of that, it's like I just lost all hopes tbh but oh well. Gotta keep going, what else?. Thank you all for reading!

Ray Wonder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

To start off, if you remember how I said she asked me to go to a strip club with her on a three occasions, she asked me again (this was after I asked her out). I didn't give her a reply at that time because her friend was there working along beside her. Anyway, a couple of weeks after that, she came to work intoxicated on the weekend (little to no supervision on weekends) and I remembered her telling me that when she drinks, how she never remembers what happens. So I took the opportunity to tell her I would go to a strip club with her and she said she would take me the next time she goes.

Fast forward to what I posted about, I can't remember exactly how it started, but we were working for sometime without me talking or I was just giving her one word answers. I was kinda angry with her because she came in around the same time I came in, but disappeared for two hours, only to return and tell me that she fell asleep because she had two shots to tequila before she arrived.

She could tell I was angry, so she tried to pull this mental judo logic that she always does in any situation where she perceives I might be thinking negatively about her. She brought up something Cupid (my work friend who tried to play Cupid for us) and I did a while back, and tried to make it seem like she had the right to be angry. When I smashed her logic and showed her to be a hypocrite, she got angry and stormed away.

When she came back about 10 minutes later, she had completely changed. She started telling and asking me all sorts of sexually explicit things. She said I needed some sex in my life. How I wouldn't come into work every day (since starting almost a year ago, I've had perfect attendance) if I was having sex. That she needed to take me to a strip club to make me understand. I started debating with her that it couldn't be as great as people make it out to be.

Fast forward some, she said she'd show me her "boobs" for $20. I said no. She then asked me if I would like to feel each one for $20 each. I said no, that's prostitution, and I wouldn't be able to respect her as person if I did. We then got into a debate about whether strippers were prostituting themselves. She asked if I wanted to feel them for free. I was very flustered at this point and said "I'm not going to answer that.". She then grabbed my arm and told me she wasn't letting go unless I gave her an answer. She told me that men have urges and that she knew I wanted to grab them but I was just scared of what might happen. Eventually I did admit it. So she led me into the men's room, pulled her top/bra down, and I touched them. Then she put her hands over mine and massaged them in. The whole thing lasted only a brief moment.

When we started working again, she told me not to tell Cupid and to "take it to the grave or I'll put you in a grave". Then she asked me a bunch of questions, like how the experience was, what I thought of her breasts, if I thought she was crazy, etc. She told me when you have sex with someone who has a lot of experience, it can be really enjoyable. There's more you can do with breasts than just feeling them; you can like them, put your penis between them, etc. She flashed me a couple of more time during the night, told me she would grab my penis some time when I wasn't expecting it, and how one of these days she would take me to one of the secluded spots in the building and we'd do some "other stuff", but the breasts would be the first lesson for now. We also "shot the shit" regarding a lot of general life stuff, like our commute times, applying to other jobs (no one likes the graveyard shift), etc. before heading home.

I also solved the mystery of why she runs "hot and cold" sometimes. She opened up some and told me about her medical issues; chronic bronchitis and migraines. She said they make her tired/sluggish and "out of it" sometimes.

I'm not sure if I believe this.

But, in the case that it is true.

She's just fuckin with you, clear as day. The extent she's going to, to do that, might indicate that she'd have sex with you, but that's still a loooong shot. I'm not 100% sure what I'd do if I were in your shoes. One thing I'd avoid, for certain, is catching any feelings. She's a train wreck. Showing up drunk to work while having a 4 year old that depends on her is sign enough.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW

She's just fuckin with you, clear as day. The extent she's going to, to do that, might indicate that she'd have sex with you, but that's still a loooong shot. I'm not 100% sure what I'd do if I were in your shoes. One thing I'd avoid, for certain, is catching any feelings. She's a train wreck. Showing up drunk to work while having a 4 year old that depends on her is sign enough.
Dude already caught feelings.

That is, if it's true. I really don't buy it either.

Ray Wonder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hello DatingERA. I'm reporting on my situation after 23487agdfs years but I can at least say that finally everything is done for good with my ex. Previously, I shared that having my ex still added on social media was causing me to be more depressed than ever everytime I saw her posting and stuff... So I end up deleting her once and for all. I felt like utter shit for several weeks tbh wich is why I also didn't kinda feel like reporting back. I thought she was gonna contact me to ask me why I did it but nope... she simply didn't gave a fuck. I had enough of feeling like shit because of that so after several difficult weeks I can finally say I managed to get over her for real this time. It was a real pain in the butt dealing with a breakup of this sort because of my anxiety and depression and the lack of actual friends to talk about it but I did it.

Now I'm back to be the lonely wolf I used to be but at least I don't have nervous breakdwons everytime I think about her because I don't give a damn about her anymore, wich is nice. Now I'm just back on having the usual nervous breakdowns because of life anxiety... yay! I haven't talked to anybody in months. The only thing that happened was that I kinda started texting back to a girl I used to have a crush on before this one wich I also meet on Tinder more than a year ago. Everything was going ok with her and it seems she was also still kiiiiiinda interested too, she even end up asking me to go out together certain day, wich was unexpected but nice so I accepted and we set up the date to certain day. That certain day came and nothing happened. Days and days passed and still nothing until I send her a dumb emoji to report me just to see what kind of excuse she came up. She finally texted back with "sorryyyy for dissapearing, I got very sick that day and I totally forgot to notify you!". Yeah, right...

It seems she backed out on the last minute and decided to use the good ol' ghosting with me instead. I haven't text her back since then. I don't have tolerance for shit like that anymore so I'm just letting it go too. Has dating become innecesarily difficult nowadays or is it always been this difficult? It feels like everything always tends to overcomplicate, even for the tiniest things instead of simply go to the point and say whatever you have to say if somethings is wrong. It's super annoying, but oh well. I haven't go back to Tinder because of that, it's like I just lost all hopes tbh but oh well. Gotta keep going, what else?. Thank you all for reading!

Don't dwell on getting ghosted. Have a positive outlook. Be glad that you have so many more chances and options out there. Shoot your shots and see what sticks. Because the more you take, the easier it gets.

Deleted member 8752

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Chances are, dating isn't getting more difficult, but your mindset isn't yet as clear as it should be for it to come as easily as it should yet. If her ghosting you was enough of an event to make a post about it, then chances are you aren't back in the game long enough yet to really evaluate whether things are difficult.

Even when getting tons of girls via the apps, ghosting is simply part of the process. If you aren't getting ghosted on the regular so that it's an "event" when ghosting does happen, then you aren't matching with a high enough number of people to meet the ones who are cool.

Really, when I first downloaded the apps again a month ago, a really hot girl ghosted me. I was floored - my exgf never did anythign like that.

Now, a few weeks later, I'm setting up a bunch of dates and only a fraction of them come through. It's a simple truth: online dating is, in part, a numbers game. It always has been and it always will be. Don't take it personally. It happens to all of us.

Ralemont

Jan 3, 2018
I do feel like dating is more difficult now because everyone has so many options. I have stopped talking to people before (I don't consider it ghosting if you haven't met once) because my week was full of dates already, whereas in drier months I would have gone on a date with them. Before apps, most months were comparatively dry for people, which made you take a closer look at the dates you did get.

Introvert

Nov 5, 2017
It's all true and I'm not making it up. She likes joke around a lot and even admitted so when I told her it's sometimes hard to tell when she's being serious. For example, when we were walking towards the bathroom, I told her that I was just calling her bluff and it was still time to turn back. The tone of her voice was very jokey/playful up until she grabbed my arm.

gaiages

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
It's all true and I'm not making it up. She likes joke around a lot and even admitted so when I told her it's sometimes hard to tell when she's being serious. For example, when we were walking towards the bathroom, I told her that I was just calling her bluff and it was still time to turn back. The tone of her voice was very jokey/playful up until she grabbed my arm.

STOP INTERACTING WITH THIS WOMAN

Introvert

Nov 5, 2017

It's too late. I already caught feelings. Whenever I've had a crush on a girl in the past, it would eventually fade away, but the feelings I have for her don't seem to be going away this time. I even signed up for OKCupid in an attempt find another girl to take her place. It's gone no where though. I've had some nice conversations back and forth with a few women, but beyond that, they either take days to reply or don't even reply at all. Also, I seem to only get contacted by single moms (which you guys said to avoid).

And alcohol seems to go hand-in-hand with this job. Everyone (except me), drinks on the job every now and then, especially around the holidays. I even caught my old supervisor being tipsy on the job on a few occasions. The graveyard shift is stressful and it sucks even worse because we work six days a week and don't get weekends off.

gaiages

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
It's too late. I already caught feelings. Whenever I've had a crush on a girl in the past, it would eventually fade away, but the feelings I have for her don't seem to be going away this time. I even signed up for OKCupid in an attempt find another girl to take her place. It's gone no where though. I've had some nice conversations back and forth with a few women, but beyond that, they either take days to reply or don't even reply at all. Also, I seem to only get contacted by single moms (which you guys said to avoid).

And alcohol seems to go hand-in-hand with this job. Everyone (except me), drinks on the job every now and then, especially around the holidays. I even caught my old supervisor being tipsy on the job on a few occasions. The graveyard shift is stressful and it sucks even worse because we work six days a week and don't get weekends off.

Why THE FUCK are you condoning a sexual assaulting alcoholics actions I mean Jesus fucking Christ have an ounce of self fucking respect for yourself

Quikies83

Oct 25, 2017
Mississippi

If you continue with this, you're going to get absolutely crushed, emotionally.
Get ready.

Nov 17, 2017
Introvert Honestly? Just go for it. It doesn't seem like you're planning to take the advice being given to you here so I think the best way to understand what people are warning you about is to just experience it first hand.

LightEntite

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

bruh

just smash and leave her alone

there's clearly something wrong with her

you are BOTH feeding into your own mental issues lol

Edit:

If this is accurate, i stand by what i said before -- she's about 95% likely to fuck you. she sounds consumed by the concept of becoming something life-changingly memorable to you...probably a result of some deep seated issues she deals with herself...? Who knows

but regardless of what you do, do NOT develop emotional ties to this woman. She is going to manipulate the living fuck out of you because you've already shown how innocently exploitable you are.

Her allowing you to explore sex through her is only going to strengthen that level of control to a point that I dont think you really want to go to.

I mean for fucks sake

she let you grab a handfull of titty and you're "FALLING" for her? Jesus christ she's going to twist you up into a ball and shove you in her pocket the moment she coaxes a nut out of you

Last edited:

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Well, one way to not date single moms is to marry one so they're not single anymore.

Also, Introvert. You probably need a new job. Yours sounds godawful. Does it even have opportunities for advancement? You'd better be making bank for all the bullshit you're experiencing there.

Anyway, maybe you should focus on yourself? Have you ever thought about that?

Sounds like you have a lot of time to apply for jobs or conduct professional development at night when you're not chin-deep in "boobs."

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Dude should just have sex with her and get it outta the way. Like why are you being seduced by an alcoholic who is 10 years your junior?

Don't shit where you eat. But if you must you shoulf at least handle this with some level of grace and self respect. She's just toying with you and you out here taking multiple Ls with no resistence.

Come the fuck on dude. Can you get another job btw? Sounds like you don't value this one.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Man... every girl I've taken out over the past month has bugged the crap out of me.

Were walking out of our venue and there was a cab nearby... I didn't want to pay for a cab ride home, but I hopped in it just as a means to end the torture. It was worth every penny.

Anyway, long story short... I'm back in the dating scene after a hiatus since October and will be posting here a bit more in this thread again. Some of the regulars here may remember me as a dude with a Metal Slug avatar on the old site. Well, I'm back. Good to see y'all.
But why abandon the metal slug avatar? :(

Deleted member 1287

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yo no one told you to avoid single moms we told you to avoid the one that's sexually harassing you at work and playin you

PatMan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Introvert, you are well on your way to be a 40 year old virgin. Keep it up by not listening to anyone

Deleted member 8752

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
But why abandon the metal slug avatar? :(

I switched to the RGB logo to promote my website, retrogameboards.com

I've retained the Metal Slug avatar over there. It's where a lot of retro-folks from the old site ended up.

By the way, I forgot how much fun I have coming up with pickup lines. I just matched with a radiologist. My opening line was "So if this doesn't work out, are you going to x-ray my balls off?" Let's see if she responds.

Sayers

Oct 28, 2017
Introvert Honestly? Just go for it. It doesn't seem like you're planning to take the advice being given to you here so I think the best way to understand what people are warning you about is to just experience it first hand.
At this point he seems so intent on doing it anyway I say he should keep doing what he's doing and make sure to keep telling us about it. I want to see how ugly this train wreck can get.

Oct 25, 2017
China
You'd better be making bank for all the bullshit you're experiencing there.
You know what? This two time single mother can see that, he's probably that guy that lives for the job, no family to support and not outgoing enough to spend much of his money on socializing. It's all saved up in the bank and Tequila tits has realized that.
So if she pops his cherry he'll be so pussy struck he'll give her anything. She'll stop working for "reasons" and he'll just give her money to support her. Best thing is he works nights so she'll be able to do what she wants in the evenings and he'll sleep through the day. All it will cost is a little sex or even the promise of sex and he'll be "in love". She was after cash with the boob thing already, $20 EACH for a feel? She's desperate for cash. She gave him a free taste in the bathroom to get him addicted.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Yo no one told you to avoid single moms we told you to avoid the one that's sexually harassing you at work and playin you
We told him that single moms were, say, a final boss level of dating when he's apparently never had a single date before and is clearly Level 1.

I think we said he should try meeting someone with fewer entanglements for coffee or a drink before he dealt with a mom's (rightfully so) other priorities. For instance, he's gotta know he always comes after the kid and can't hold emotional grudges.

That said, like usual, you are 100% correct.

But then he went and felt up Tequila Tits.

Kitschy Kitty

Oct 25, 2017
Got out of a long-term relationship a few months ago and starting to look at dating for the first time since university and I think I need some help with some norms. Mid-20's man for context.

Sorry for the simple questions, I have about a billion but to keep it short:

Generally how quickly do you ask someone to meet-up after first talking on tinder?

Should I just suggest coffee or drinks based on the vibe from the conversation?

Am I weird for thinking I should only make plans for the weekend? Like are weekday nights fine?

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
Got out of a long-term relationship a few months ago and starting to look at dating for the first time since university and I think I need some help with some norms. Mid-20's man for context.

Sorry for the simple questions, I have about a billion but to keep it short:

Generally how quickly do you ask someone to meet-up after first talking on tinder?

Should I just suggest coffee or drinks based on the vibe from the conversation?

Am I weird for thinking I should only make plans for the weekend? Like are weekday nights fine?

After a few back and forths. You should give yourself enough time to establish that you're literate and not jumping at the chance to send dick pics. You both should have sufficient time to establish that you're not (outwardly) crazy.

And yes. "Hey, want to get a drink? I've been wanting to try X. Tuesday at 6:30?" That's the opening negotiation; you may have to shift rightward to 7, for instance, if she's coming from work, or maybe it's too far in general.

Weeknights are fine. They're actually better for first dates, since you could feel absolutely zero spark. That way, you've not committed an entire weekend night to a stranger.

(If you like someone after a first date, you can upgrade to a Friday or Saturday for the second.)

The key to all of online dating shit is to realize that, generally speaking, the second date is the "real" first date and the first date is pretty much entirely meant to confirm that you're not an axe murderer, look like your pictures, and can hold a conversation.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I switched to the RGB logo to promote my website, retrogameboards.com

I've retained the Metal Slug avatar over there. It's where a lot of retro-folks from the old site ended up.

By the way, I forgot how much fun I have coming up with pickup lines. I just matched with a radiologist. My opening line was "So if this doesn't work out, are you going to x-ray my balls off?" Let's see if she responds.
Oh nice.

That's a bad joke lol, maybe something about radiating or how about we be protons and neutrons in an atom when you want to go exclusive?

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
She was after cash with the boob thing already, $20 EACH for a feel? She's desperate for cash. She gave him a free taste in the bathroom to get him addicted.

Yeah, I started reading this situation and posts from him late but this was what I thought when I read his latest post. She is absolutely just using him and if it wasn't obvious to him before, it should be now.

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
do you ACTUALLY even like this girl???

At this point you're either the most oblivious guy ever, or you're just straight trolling everyone involved including us

because it sounds like you get off on her attention more than you do her actual person
Yes, very much. And the former.

Anyway, our dinner that was supposed to be on Thursday got moved to Wednesday. I need dress tips.