• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HammerFace

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So I met this girl at a friend's out of town wedding on Saturday night. Had an awesome time, we danced, etc. Got her phone number and we we started texting back and forth the next day. I asked if I could take her out, and she said she was working the next day but might get off early, and the following day was her dad's birthday but she was hoping she would be able to make it.

The following day was NYE but she was working some event, so got out off super late. The day after (Monday) we were texting and it sounded like we'd be able to meet for a little bit before my flight, which was late at night, but then she didn't answer for like an hour and a half, and when I pressed for a coffee date, she said her family had arrived from out of town and it didn't look like it was going to happen. At this point, I was pretty bummed.

We've been texting back and forth, and I'm not sure what to do. Like, I know this sounds like some high school shit, but I'm not sure she likes me and whether I should pursue. She lives about 350 miles away, which is an hour's flight, so the distance is a thing, but it's technically not that far.

Thing that pops out at me is that sometimes she takes a while to reply. Now, I know some people aren't on their phones all the time or whatever, but in my experience, lack of a timely reply usually means lack of interest. Then, there was the whole thing on Monday, where I think she could've made an hour to hang out, but didn't.

But we've been texting and sometimes I get the feeling she may be interested? I dunno. Like today, I mentioned something about how no one texts and she replied that yeah, she agrees, but she actually prefers phone calls. I was thinking of even calling her tonight, but I dunno, is that too desperate? Or too soon? I really like this girl, but don't want to force shit, if she's not into me...

In all honesty it doesnt sound worth it with her being so far away. Also a lack of speed in reply doesn't mean anything but it obviously bothers you and since you cant just go and see her on a regular basis that's going to wear more and more into you.

LookAtMeGo

Oct 25, 2017
a parallel universe
I'm not really a drinker or a bar go-er. How would that work out. I'd essentially be meeting women who drink but I don't?
That complicates going to the bar for sure. Ive heard people mention those meet up things. Meetup.com or something like that. But I think thats more looking for new friend groups and less about finding potential dating partners but I dunno.

Generally through friends and going to the bar has been the only ways I have met women outside of online dating apps like Tinder ect.

Only other way I can think of is just talking to random people you meet out and about doing normal everyday stuff but there you run into the problem of looking like a creeper just randomly approaching people.

If anyone else has any suggestions.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
What is the best non-online way to meet women not through friends? Also, what is the preferred online dating website (OKC, Tinder)?
Church. Not even kidding.

If you're in school/college/uni than that's also a great place.
The library.

Now I wouldn't go to these places and just approach woman after woman but there's definitely certain times where it just happens naturally

HammerFace

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

The library.

Now I wouldn't go to these places and just approach woman after woman but there's definitely certain times where it just happens naturally
Yeah this is how I've met all of my partners. I am deathly afraid of ever trying when I'm not a student, I dont think I'd have the social skills to meet someone lol

Kindekuma

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Been talking to this chick for about 3 months, we get along really well. Anyway we both have until recently had drastically different and inconsistent work schedules, but now that was resolved so we decided to go on a date on New Year's Eve. I'm talking this is our third date after 3 months of talking (thats how little our calendar matched up). Dinner went well, went and saw The Shape of Water. Went back to my apartment to "watch" Drive, and the rest was history. Never really spent a New Year's Eve in a romantic sense, so it was a wonderful time.

Microsoft

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
47.639318, -122.128373

The library.

I'm basically screwed from what I'm seeing here. lol. I'll probably stick to online dating and I have a friend or two who I can go to the clubs/out with. I was trying to avoid that because I'm not a drinker.

HammerFace

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Been talking to this chick for about 3 months, we get along really well. Anyway we both have until recently had drastically different and inconsistent work schedules, but now that was resolved so we decided to go on a date on New Year's Eve. I'm talking this is our third date after 3 months of talking (thats how little our calendar matched up). Dinner went well, went and saw The Shape of Water. Went back to my apartment to "watch" Drive, and the rest was history. Never really spent a New Year's Eve in a romantic sense, so it was a wonderful time.

Hey that sounds like a great time. Also, shape of water is an amazing movie. Anyone who hasnt seen it should go watch it if they can. Things are going back to hectic schedules I'm guessing. Or are there changes in the foreseeable future allowing you to see her more?

Kindekuma

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hey that sounds like a great time. Also, shape of water is an amazing movie. Anyone who hasnt seen it should go watch it if they can. Things are going back to hectic schedules I'm guessing. Or are there changes in the foreseeable future allowing you to see her more?

Not quite, she used to work shifts from like 2-11pm or something like that and I worked weekends. She's gone to an 8-4 now so week day evenings are free. There's also a really good chance that I may not work weekends anymore, and that was usually a Saturday or Sunday I had to work. We're both chatting right now about getting together this Saturday since I know I'm off.

HammerFace

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not quite, she used to work shifts from like 2-11pm or something like that and I worked weekends. She's gone to an 8-4 now so week day evenings are free. There's also a really good chance that I may not work weekends anymore, and that was usually a Saturday or Sunday I had to work. We're both chatting right now about getting together this Saturday since I know I'm off.

Best of luck to you man!

Oct 25, 2017
China
So I met this girl at a friend's out of town wedding on Saturday night. Had an awesome time, we danced, etc. Got her phone number and we we started texting back and forth the next day. I asked if I could take her out, and she said she was working the next day but might get off early, and the following day was her dad's birthday but she was hoping she would be able to make it.

The following day was NYE but she was working some event, so got out off super late. The day after (Monday) we were texting and it sounded like we'd be able to meet for a little bit before my flight, which was late at night, but then she didn't answer for like an hour and a half, and when I pressed for a coffee date, she said her family had arrived from out of town and it didn't look like it was going to happen. At this point, I was pretty bummed.

We've been texting back and forth, and I'm not sure what to do. Like, I know this sounds like some high school shit, but I'm not sure she likes me and whether I should pursue. She lives about 350 miles away, which is an hour's flight, so the distance is a thing, but it's technically not that far.

Thing that pops out at me is that sometimes she takes a while to reply. Now, I know some people aren't on their phones all the time or whatever, but in my experience, lack of a timely reply usually means lack of interest. Then, there was the whole thing on Monday, where I think she could've made an hour to hang out, but didn't.

But we've been texting and sometimes I get the feeling she may be interested? I dunno. Like today, I mentioned something about how no one texts and she replied that yeah, she agrees, but she actually prefers phone calls. I was thinking of even calling her tonight, but I dunno, is that too desperate? Or too soon? I really like this girl, but don't want to force shit, if she's not into me...
Your a nice guy, she had a good time with you but she's not interested in persuing it. You've got a texting buddy, not a potential relationship. Its too far away "techically" you've not accounted for getting to the airport, checking in, security and potential delayed flights. Let this one go.

Oct 25, 2017
China
I'm basically screwed from what I'm seeing here. lol. I'll probably stick to online dating and I have a friend or two who I can go to the clubs/out with. I was trying to avoid that because I'm not a drinker.
You can go out and not drink. I run into people with this issue all the time where they see thier abstinance from alchohol as a brick wall when that does not need to be the case. 1st issue always is that they come across as dull and when invited out the first reason for not wanting to go or appear to not want to go is "I don't drink", and people start not inviting you. So you need to present that situation in a positive or sympathetic way, "I'd love to come with you guys but I cant drink tonight becuse...". Nobody cares in my experiance if you dont drink as long as your fun and have a good time.

Royal_Flush

Oct 25, 2017
Just drink a coke or something at the bar. A friend of mine doesn't drink either and he does this all the time. Sometimes he gets weird looks but most people don't care.

Nov 17, 2017
I feel you. I'm dating a girl right now who does like 4-1AM usually on weekends and unpredictable days on the week. Meanwhile I work the basic 9-5 M-F so I'm off work as soon as she's starting. We basically started trying to do brunch on weekends to make it work but I still only have seen her 4 times in 2 months.

Oct 25, 2017
China
I feel you. I'm dating a girl right now who does like 4-1AM usually on weekends and unpredictable days on the week. Meanwhile I work the basic 9-5 M-F so I'm off work as soon as she's starting. We basically started trying to do brunch on weekends to make it work but I still only have seen her 4 times in 2 months.
Dating women working shift work while you have a 9-5 is hard. One woman I was dating moved to evening and weekend work so we hardly got to see each other and that kind of killed it. The only hope is that the shift work party moves to a regular hours job.

WorldofMiku

attempted ban circumvention by using an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well it's looking rather grim. Suggested another date 6 hours ago and no reply. Ah well.
Yeah, this is why when women say "I had a great time!" on the first date means feck all if there is no second date. :( If your gut feeling tells you she maybe just being polite, chances were...she was.
But as others said, just be patient. It's only been 6 hours. Give her 24 hours. If still no response, there's your answer.

Nov 17, 2017
Dating women working shift work while you have a 9-5 is hard. One woman I was dating moved to evening and weekend work so we hardly got to see each other and that kind of killed it. The only hope is that the shift work party moves to a regular hours job.
Yeah it's real tough. Sometimes she'll have a day free but then she'll have to pick up a shift. She works in a high end restaurant so it's very demanding and unpredictable when she will get called. I've adjusted my expectations accordingly though and just enjoy the dates when we can have them.

Deleted member 28368

User requested account closure
Oct 31, 2017
Does anyone else find the whole desire for dating comes in fits and starts? I'll have a month or two where I'm arranging dates all over the place, meeting loads of decent folk (I'm lucky I guess being in London that there are always a huge number of people looking to meet someone new), and generally enjoying the dating world.

But then there will be a period of time where I'll be completely burned out, and although I'll not close myself off to someone else saying hello to me via whatever app/site, I just don't have the appetite to make any sort of initial move myself.

Not just me, right?

Joohanh

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Helsinki
So I just went out for a beer with my ex after breaking up with her a couple of months back (we were together for four years). We have been on friendly terms, and had a couple of phone calls which have been warm in nature. So I thought why not try to start building a friendship.

At first it seemed like it was going well, but after a while I started feeling like shit. I'm a bit slow picking up social ques so I couldn't really pinpoint the source of my ill feelings before the next morning, when I realized that the whole meeting was extremely dysfunctional. We sat there for three hours and basically every single sentence she uttered had to do with one of three topics:
  1. How great her academic career is going, especially when compared to mine
  2. How cute guys she's met and dated through Tinder
  3. What an amazing relief it is for her to be rid of our shitty relationship
It's a bit of a shock because I do not associate that kind of behavior with her at all, and we were together for a LONG time. How do people turn into such aliens?

It's not just you. I find my drive to date (well, not really date, but fool around with women) changing by the week.

Last edited:

fireflame

Oct 27, 2017
Serious question: why dont governments teach people about sentimental relationships in general, and dont provide any manual or lessons in this area, te same way history, languages, science,etc are taught? Would there be no benefit in doing so? I have never figured how people are supposed to have skill in an area they haventbeen taught about at all. Dont you believe this could help people to optimize results and reduce odds of failing?

Oct 25, 2017
China
Yeah it's real tough. Sometimes she'll have a day free but then she'll have to pick up a shift. She works in a high end restaurant so it's very demanding and unpredictable when she will get called. I've adjusted my expectations accordingly though and just enjoy the dates when we can have them.
That's about as good as you can do. Benefit is that you wont have as much dating competition.

Oct 25, 2017
China
Serious question: why dont governments teach people about sentimental relationships in general, and dont provide any manual or lessons in this area, te same way history, languages, science,etc are taught? Would there be no benefit in doing so? I have never figured how people are supposed to have skill in an area they haventbeen taught about at all. Dont you believe this could help people to optimize results and reduce odds of failing?
Well, they would need to teach personal finance and housekeeping before that. To be fair life lessons should be the reasponsibilty of parents.

Deleted member 28368

Oct 31, 2017
It's not just you. I find my drive to date (well, not really date, but fool around with women) changing by the week.

It's such a weird feeling. And has caused me to miss all sorts of opportunities which may or may not have gone anywhere.

On the plus side, only four days into the new year and had the first exchange of phone numbers. Feel like this is a positive start.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Hit it off pretty well with my latest Tinder match, got her number early on and the conversations have been lively. Thinking of setting up a coffee date soon.

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hit it off pretty well with my latest Tinder match, got her number early on and the conversations have been lively. Thinking of setting up a coffee date soon.

JustDoIt.Shia

Is there a local motorcycle day-riding club or something in your area? Might be an idea. Otherwise things like board game groups and other hobby focused social settings are a fairly good way to meet people.

gaiages

Oct 25, 2017
Florida

The library.

Probably shouldn't try to go to church for a partner unless you're religious yourself >.>

Like what do you actually... do? Like hobby wise? The way you're coming off it sounds like you don't have any. Of which I don't mean any offense, it's just hard to recommend anything more than the basic stuff without knowing.

LOL please, we can't even get sex ed as a standard across the US. It'd be nice if school taught us life skills, but they don't. If schooling relied less on local taxes and more federal taxes this would probably be way less of an issue...

Well, they would need to teach personal finance and housekeeping before that. To be fair life lessons should be the reasponsibilty of parents.

I understand the sentiment, but that sorta screws over anyone with missing, passed on, or just flat out shitty parents. Granted, I don't know what the actual solution is (those without the proper parent support aren't likely to go to after school stuff), though.

Last edited:

Jokab

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Girl from Tinder agreed to plan a date two days ago for today, I texted her yesterday morning (it's now afternoon) about time and place, no response yet. I fully expect a response at 5pm "sorry I'm swamped at work, can't make it" lol. She even was the one to get back to me after her new year's trip after I said for her to tell me when she gets home so we can plan that date

Oct 25, 2017
China
I understand the sentiment, but that sorta screws over anyone with missing, passed on, or just flat out shitty parents. Granted, I don't know what the actual solution is (those without the proper parent support aren't likely to go to after school stuff), though.

I'm aware of that and did not go down that rabbit hole in a dating topic. The idea I was replying to was quite original for a dating topic.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
Girl from Tinder agreed to plan a date two days ago for today, I texted her yesterday morning (it's now afternoon) about time and place, no response yet. I fully expect a response at 5pm "sorry I'm swamped at work, can't make it" lol. She even was the one to get back to me after her new year's trip after I said for her to tell me when she gets home so we can plan that date

Lol I got a girl on Tinder doing the same to me right now.

She's pretty cool, games, is actually a bit nerdier than I am but she's good at conversations unlike most girls on there. I'm down for all this but boy I'm having difficulty getting a date out of her.

I asked her whenever she was free, to let me know and we could go out and grab dinner or a coffee. She agreed and said she'd let me know and we've been talking afterwards the past few days. I mentioned it again today in a different context pretty smoothly and she seemed flattered and everything.

Maybe I should have been more direct... Or maybe I'm overthinking this.

Fauxpaw

Oct 25, 2017
So I just went out for a beer with my ex after breaking up with her a couple of months back (we were together for four years). We have been on friendly terms, and had a couple of phone calls which have been warm in nature. So I thought why not try to start building a friendship.

At first it seemed like it was going well, but after a while I started feeling like shit. I'm a bit slow picking up social ques so I couldn't really pinpoint the source of my ill feelings before the next morning, when I realized that the whole meeting was extremely dysfunctional. We sat there for three hours and basically every single sentence she uttered had to do with one of three topics:
  1. How great her academic career is going, especially when compared to mine
  2. How cute guys she's met and dated through Tinder
  3. What an amazing relief it is for her to be rid of our shitty relationship
It's a bit of a shock because I do not associate that kind of behavior with her at all, and we were together for a LONG time. How do people turn into such aliens?

There's a chance she wanted to come off unappealing. You broke up with her, so maybe she's being spiteful. Or she could be protecting herself from any old feelings bubbling up (a couple months apart is not long enough after a four year relationship). She could even have been trying to ensure that you don't "fall back in love". I know I've come off intentionally shitty or dismissive around guys so they don't think they have a chance (or even want one).

Another possibility: Are you sure you're not misconstruing what she meant? Or taking things too personally? This is your first time meeting after the break up; it could sting to see how well she appears to be doing without you.

Either way, it's hard to say, but you're not dating anymore, so she's going to be different around you.

Joohanh

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Helsinki
There's a chance she wanted to come off unappealing. You broke up with her, so maybe she's being spiteful. Or she could be protecting herself from any old feelings bubbling up (a couple months apart is not long enough after a four year relationship). She could even have been trying to ensure that you don't "fall back in love". I know I've come off intentionally shitty or dismissive around guys so they don't think they have a chance (or even want one).

Another possibility: Are you sure you're not misconstruing what she meant? Or taking things too personally? This is your first time meeting after the break up; it could sting to see how well she appears to be doing without you.

Either way, it's hard to say, but you're not dating anymore, so she's going to be different around you.
Good input. I guess it's just a big gap in behavior between me and her - I usually try to be as honest as possible when it comes to my feelings and really was not anticipating any "strategies" - especially as she called to ask me out.

I was kind of hoping that we could go through the break up in some constructive manner, but that didn't happen. The point of meeting otherwise is pretty moot. Regarding a sting that comes from how well one appears to be doing - I don't know. Throughout the last two months I've really been hoping her life is awesome, which I guess is part of dealing with the guilt of leaving her.

God, break ups suck balls.

Jokab

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Lol I got a girl on Tinder doing the same to me right now.

She's pretty cool, games, is actually a bit nerdier than I am but she's good at conversations unlike most girls on there. I'm down for all this but boy I'm having difficulty getting a date out of her.

I asked her whenever she was free, to let me know and we could go out and grab dinner or a coffee. She agreed and said she'd let me know and we've been talking afterwards the past few days. I mentioned it again today in a different context pretty smoothly and she seemed flattered and everything.

Maybe I should have been more direct... Or maybe I'm overthinking this.
Personally I always give two suggestions for days and let her choose. If she's miraculously unavailable for both of them I tell her to let me know of a day, if she doesn't suggest another one outright. I find that straight away asking the girl to let me know when she's free makes her way less likely to suggest anything, since generally women in my experience just don't want to take initiative in dating.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
Personally I always give two suggestions for days and let her choose. If she's miraculously unavailable for both of them I tell her to let me know of a day, if she doesn't suggest another one outright. I find that straight away asking the girl to let me know when she's free makes her way less likely to suggest anything, since generally women in my experience just don't want to take initiative in dating.

Yeah I was having an inner struggle when I was asking. I'll be more forward next time.

Jokab

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I was off by one hour, but she wrote me now lol, with the exact excuse. At least she offered to reschedule until after I got home from my weekend trip but in my experience that often means nothing. Oh well

Oct 25, 2017
China
I was off by one hour, but she wrote me now lol, with the exact excuse. At least she offered to reschedule until after I got home from my weekend trip but in my experience that often means nothing. Oh well
The reschedule is part of selling the previouse rejection. If she follows through, great, but if one of her extended family comes to town at the time of the reschedule you have confirmation its bullshit.

Deleted member 8118

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is a letter w/a poem too sappy or out of touch with times? I have some crafts that I've made and I wanted to send them to her with a letter and poem. It's not really a love poem, but a way to let her know I'm still thinking of her. She's having a little bit of a rough time.

Tear me a fresh ass if this is cheesy (likely is):

With the coming of the wind
Your spirit breaks free
Felt by those in need
Weighing the air with calmness

With realization it will lead you
To places deamed of, places desired
The guidance will open new doors
To the unknown, yet familiar

I've posted before about this woman on the other forum and in here once, and I was torn on how to move on.

Basic breakdown. We met two years ago, she's an exchange student, but moved back home last summer. I've been thinking of her quite a bit and we've been talking every few days, sometimes every day for hours ever since her move.

It's tearing me to bits because before she left, she told me didn't want to go home heartbroken because of an ending relationship and even considered how our friend who's from her country is in a long term relationship that's long distance.

I've tried moving on multiple times, and have mingled around with more women than I'm used to, but I'm just taken back to the times I had with her whenever I realize that they lack what she has.

The more we talk, the more we discover how much closer we're becoming. Our personalities are a near 95/100. Just an amazing match.

Man. Sucks. Turned to a rambling.

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone else find the whole desire for dating comes in fits and starts? I'll have a month or two where I'm arranging dates all over the place, meeting loads of decent folk (I'm lucky I guess being in London that there are always a huge number of people looking to meet someone new), and generally enjoying the dating world.

But then there will be a period of time where I'll be completely burned out, and although I'll not close myself off to someone else saying hello to me via whatever app/site, I just don't have the appetite to make any sort of initial move myself.

Not just me, right?

Finding and managing the right balance, especially on dating apps, can be hard. I have a good impression of my match rate and how often I meet up with those I match with, so I do my best to keep a steady rate. Having three first-dates/meets with women in a weekend can be exhausting and it takes its toll on other parts of my social life. Likewise with trying to schedule second dates with more than one person in a given week. There's a definite time commitment issue that can be stressful, especially for people like me that goes long stretches of being single.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, this is why when women say "I had a great time!" on the first date means feck all if there is no second date. :( If your gut feeling tells you she maybe just being polite, chances were...she was.
But as others said, just be patient. It's only been 6 hours. Give her 24 hours. If still no response, there's your answer.
Yeah I definitely had that feeling. Oh well, didn't hurt to ask I suppose.

I mainly went out with this person because she messaged me first. Right now I don't even know where I'm going to be in 6 months since I'm applying everywhere for new jobs, so I'll probably just go back to my normal life of not dating at all. :P

Nov 17, 2017

Not just me, right?
Not really but I don't get that many dates. I think maybe it's something that could happen if I was a chronic dater going on first dates all the time. I could see that just getting exhausting, in general I have a social limit where after I just want some time to myself.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
I meant to reply to this sooner, sorry man.

So, it really depends on your own personal taste but I find just being outgoing, and going to as many events related to things your interesting as possible really helps you meet new people. Just go into everything looking to make new friends, and you'll find you have lots of people to talk to, and then occasionally you'll meet a nice girl and you can try and approach her. Again, this is me, but I go to lots of gaming events and meet people through that. I go out with people from work, meet their friends, I go to Street Fighter tournaments, and gaming expos, I go to retro gaming nights at bars in town (there's quite a few that host this in Brighton), and it's easy to relate to people at those kinds of places because you have a shared interest.

But for me, I have used a fair bit of online dating and like you said, cast a wide net. What I would recommend if you're not getting results is trying to do something to address that. I probably swiped over 3,000 women and got matched on 173 of them when I was using Tinder, but even if I was getting less, it'd still be productive, it just means it would take a little longer to find someone nice. The most important thing is just not giving up, and you don't have to spend much money to do that. I mean there's no real reason to spend money on something like tinder, except maybe on tinder gold if you live in a big city and want to swipe more.

Obviously, you can also approach girls in bars, and clubs, but personally I've never done that and I've never had trouble finding a partner. For some people it makes sense, but for me I think it's hard to relate to people in those kind of places. A lot of girls there are looking for a one night stand and similar, and it's more difficult to discern what they're looking for, because some aren't even looking for dating at all (at least on tinder, the girls are usually single, for instance). Plus, personally I personally just find it faster to sift through people with online dating.

Is there anything you could do to improve your online dating profile? Definitely try that too. Try some new photos, maybe go to the gym and work out, etc.

Oh, there's no worry about the wait of the reply from me. No need to be sorry! :)

I just put up an OKCupid profile, so would anyone be interested in PMing me to give me a critique?

HammerFace

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
probably. i always at least mention it because meeting girls at church has a higher probability of relationship longevity than meeting them at the bar

I feel like there needs to be an asterisk of that probability relying on you having the same religion or being religious, not just for meeting but also maintaining the relationship

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Is a letter w/a poem too sappy or out of touch with times? I have some crafts that I've made and I wanted to send them to her with a letter and poem. It's not really a love poem, but a way to let her know I'm still thinking of her. She's having a little bit of a rough time.

Your spirit breaks free
Felt by those in need

I've posted before about this woman on the other forum and in here once, and I was torn on how to move on.

Basic breakdown. We met two years ago, she's an exchange student, but moved back home last summer. I've been thinking of her quite a bit and we've been talking every few days, sometimes every day for hours ever since her move.

It's tearing me to bits because before she left, she told me didn't want to go home heartbroken because of an ending relationship and even considered how our friend who's from her country is in a long term relationship that's long distance.

I've tried moving on multiple times, and have mingled around with more women than I'm used to, but I'm just taken back to the times I had with her whenever I realize that they lack what she has.

The more we talk, the more we discover how much closer we're becoming. Our personalities are a near 95/100. Just an amazing match.

Poem is too much. It's the type of overly sappy thing that I would maybe excuse to your gf of 5 years but not someone you aren't even dating not to mention live hours on hours away from.

Unless yall are gonna do long distance legitimately you just need to stop all this talking. At the end of the day regardless of whatever you think you have with this person, getting on a plane and flying to meet up every now and again with no prospects of a permanent together date is just a losing strategy.

Move on, find someone close. There are so many other people out there. And you're in school too (or minimally fresh out of it). Dont waste the oppurtunity

Fauxpaw

Oct 25, 2017

Your spirit breaks free
Felt by those in need

Were you officially dating those 1.5 years? It kinda doesn't sound like it. Sometimes we meet awesome people, but can't be together because of circumstance, and you gotta let that go. If you're not dating, I would stop wasting romantic energy on this woman. It's getting in the way of forming a real connection with someone you can actually be with, and you yourself said it's tearing you up inside.

And I'll be honest and tell you this: If she meets someone in person she connects with, she will probably drop you like a rock. And if she doesn't? How will talking to her make you feel? You're going to have to tell her that it's too difficult talking, and then stop contacting her. It fucking sucks, but it's the only way you're going to move on. Don't waste your romantic life on what will ultimately be nothing.

PS: The poem is lovely, but don't send it. Save the poems for a relationship.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
Jumping back into dating after a rough Thanksgiving and Christmas time with lots of commitments, emotions, stress, and depression. Wish me luck.

HammerFace

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Jumping back into dating after a rough Thanksgiving and Christmas time with lots of commitments, emotions, stress, and depression. Wish me luck.
Good luck Joe.
tumblr_orc2uoazoa1rrkahjo1_500.gif

And like I said before, show them your theme park!

Oct 25, 2017
China

Your spirit breaks free
Felt by those in need

What countries are you both living in? I think the 95/100 is you projecting and "me tooing" to make the tragic seperated lovers story more dramatic in your mind. Sending poetry is Royale with Cheese.

Deleted member 8118

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Unless yall are gonna do long distance legitimately you just need to stop all this talking. At the end of the day regardless of whatever you think you have with this person, getting on a plane and flying to meet up every now and again with no prospects of a permanent together date is just a losing strategy.

Move on, find someone close. There are so many other people out there. And you're in school too (or minimally fresh out of it). Dont waste the oppurtunity
Understood. I know it's overly sappy. I was in a poetry mood, but I guess I'll scrap it.

I've been trying to get out and get to know more women/date. I got invited out to places by women that were interested in me, but I just didn't feel the connection.

She mentioned moving back to the US and to my city again, but I don't think it's healthy for me to harp on about that idea. I told myself I am just going to do what I have to do, and if the opportunity to be with her ever comes up, I'll give it consideration based on where I'm at at the time.

Were you officially dating those 1.5 years? It kinda doesn't sound like it. Sometimes we meet awesome people, but can't be together because of circumstance, and you gotta let that go. If you're not dating, I would stop wasting romantic energy on this woman. It's getting in the way of forming a real connection with someone you can actually be with, and you yourself said it's tearing you up inside.

And I'll be honest and tell you this: If she meets someone in person she connects with, she will probably drop you like a rock. And if she doesn't? How will talking to her make you feel? You're going to have to tell her that it's too difficult talking, and then stop contacting her. It fucking sucks, but it's the only way you're going to move on. Don't waste your romantic life on what will ultimately be nothing.

PS: The poem is lovely, but don't send it. Save the poems for a relationship.
Yeah, I really feel this taking a toll on the relationships I could have. We were together for a little under a year. Things took off in 2016/2017, but it had to end because of the leaving . We danced around that fact. I just wish I acknowledged that it was going to hit a brick wall.

I thought about the possibility of her meeting someone else. It really made me feel like any attempt of this working out dissolve.

I'll still keep in contact with her, but I think that it is best for me to let go in whatever way possible. I just need to expand my dating pool.

Before posting all of this, I told her I needed a break and deleted the app we text on.

Reactivated my online dating account and planning on getting out of this mindset. Kind of made it my resolution for 2018.

What countries are you both living in? I think the 95/100 is you projecting and "me tooing" to make the tragic seperated lovers story more dramatic in your mind. Sending poetry is Royale with Cheese.
I'm not projecting, just telling what was felt. We had amazing chemistry. I'm not trying to make it more dramatic, just trying to understand how to get out of this mindset.

I'm not keen on cutting meaningful people out of my life. I'm just going to have to figure out a way to move on more efficiently than the way I've been.

Thanks for the advice.