Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Only a matter of time before CK is back on the late night talk show circuit and FX announces they're bringing back Louie. Fucking shameful that he's allowed to mount a comeback like this, but when you're a rich white man noting really seems to stop you.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm pretty sure Dave Chappelle made a joke out of Louis C.K.'s offense by saying that it was just masturbation? And that it shouldn't be a big deal?

Having said that, I'm not surprised at all.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
This doesn't bother me as much as Dave's trans stuff. He's literally buddy buddy with Louie CK.

Lots of your high profile comedians are friends. Kind of funny people are so surprised at Wolf in the photo lol.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
that last quote in the OP reminds me: Dave's 8:46 special was pretty compelling in some ways but I couldn't help picking up on a misogynistic tone knowing how he's talked about Louis CK's victims in the past

across both cases, both during the special and in his response to the Louis CK situation, there's a pretty obvious pattern in who receives the bulk of his empathy and who receives the bulk of his righteous anger

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck Chappelle. He's a gross person with horribly outdated takes and keeps even worse company.

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Man WTF is Chappelle doing? I love the guy but this is taking it too far. He made his point like 10 specials ago, stop your bullshit dude really.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Very curious to hear Michelle's thoughts on this.

I wonder if other comedians knew he would be showing up? Either way, she clearly had no issue posing with him.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Well it's the main concern of the topic at thread. what Louis CK did will forever be wrong and very public, and that's why his career will forever be tarnished aswell as (hopefully) his ability on prey on women and being let on Dave Chappelles show isn't going to stop that. Dave wants to help out friend and give the audience someone controversial yes, but a big, whatshegonnasay interesting name. He's not magically absolving his behaviour.

But that's exactly the problem! Louis himself has said that part of the reason his behavior was wrong was, because of his fame and clout within the industry, that gave him power that he abused to take advantage of women. When other famous, beloved, successful comedians invite Louis back it allows him to wield that power again.

OP
OP

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Soo much vitriol here. Can we try and look at this from the more positive side that despite everybody knowing Louis CK did wrong and gross he has a right to work and that working with a comedian on a comedy show alone isn't condoling very publicly known actions.
Do we all have to defend, or even worse condemn, Michelle Wolf like she's not a strong enough lady to speak for herself or having the strength to work alongside a disgraced person without supporting all their actions. It's not like Louis CK has been charged as a dangerous sex offender that shouldn't be allowed near people, lest he take advantage of them at any opportunity, whether you think he should have been or not.
Well it's the main concern of the topic at thread. what Louis CK did will forever be wrong and very public, and that's why his career will forever be tarnished aswell as (hopefully) his ability on prey on women and being let on Dave Chappelles show isn't going to stop that. Dave wants to help out friend and give the audience someone controversial yes, but a big, whatshegonnasay interesting name. He's not magically absolving his behaviour.
I realize you are just a lurker account that has come out to troll with no post history, but Dave giving Louis more access and normalization to new and old crowds is just going to give Louis more power and women to be in rooms with. Louis is not owed his celebrity comedy career back after misusing his power and colleagues.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Michelle Wolf is boys club table at the Cellar, it's no surprise that she's there.

That said, she's not the one booking the show or deciding the line up, if you're a woman in comedy you basically can't be on a lineup without a shitty dude on it and have very little control other than screwing yourself out of shows/opportunities. It's wild that she's getting the most scrutiny in this thread when Dave and Louis are far more 'at fault' here, if that's the right phrase.

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
"comedians deserve to work" fucking LOOOOOOL like bruh McDonald's is always hiring

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force

Jakenbakin

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Jun 17, 2018
minimum wage jobs are rife with sexual harassment, that'd not be a good place to send them, specifically mcdonalds:

www.theguardian.com

McDonald’s accused over 'systemic sexual harassment' of employees worldwide

Complaint filed by international coalition of labor unions lists numerous incidents of harassment, including attempted rape
I'm not really advocating for Louis CK to work at McDonald's because - sadly - the world is unjust enough that he gets to keep all his privileges and career. It was just more of a hot take to the dumb banned poster saying "he has a right to work", as if that right is somehow also a right to work in the same position he once held. That's just fucking golden. Like if I got fired as a retail manager for sexual harassment, would I still have a right to work? Sure. Would my previous company be expected to take me back? Would another, knowing my history and that I abused my authority in exchange for sexual gratification, be compelled to give me a management position? No. In a more just world, I agree the dude has a right to work, and that right is the same as any one of us applying to shit for pay jobs or changing careers or something, it doesn't have to be an explicit endorsement that he gets to do what he already did.

Sorry if that was already clear, just wanted to clarify because your post confused me, but I realized after I forgot to include the quote in my original post lol.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
"comedians deserve to work" fucking LOOOOOOL like bruh McDonald's is always hiring
Louis was selling out shows before the pandemic. He will have a job as long as people buy his tickets.

This is different than having shows and movies. I think he's done there. But as long a comedy club owners can book him, many will since he is commercial viable still.

Nola

Oct 29, 2017
Dave can be one of the most insightful and thought provoking people in comedy and also one of the most ignorant.

It's like his thinking process he applies in some manners: the system is corrupt, therefore the real enemy is the system, speaking on systemic racism and apartheid, he seems wholly incapable of applying to things he has emotional attachments to: transphobic comedy, defending people like Louis CK. With shit like, "I've got black trans friends so it's ok to make bigoted comments" to "well, it's not illegal." Well no shit motherfucker, doesn't justify an immoral act, apartheid and segregation weren't illegal either, but somehow you seemed to grasp the moral incompatibility of that!

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Philadelphia
Dave ("jokingly") defended R. Kelly on the Chapelle show so this isn't particularly surprising.

I don't think it's super fair to Judge Wolfe for being in the photo; could be one of those "don't wanna rock the boat" situations. That sort of pressure is presumably the same stuff that let Louis get away with the shit he did and had women feeling like they couldn't call him out for it.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wait what did Letterman do??

Ooohhh maaan, where have you been?

Letterman is a massive, lecherous old pervert. Some of the female guests he's had on his show in the past...dude made some of those women really uncomfortable. Janet Jackson after her super bowl stint with Justin Timberlake comes to mind as one example.

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
Soo much vitriol here. Can we try and look at this from the more positive side that despite everybody knowing Louis CK did wrong and gross he has a right to work and that working with a comedian on a comedy show alone isn't condoling very publicly known actions.
Louis CK ruined multiple women's comedy careers because they dared stand up to him. He shouldn't be anywhere near comedy or power ever again.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
11 posts in almost a year. Three of them to defend Louis CK from people being big meanies to him.

I wish these people would stop being cowards and use their real accounts.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Wait what did Letterman do??

Ooohhh maaan, where have you been?

Letterman is a massive, lecherous old pervert. Some of the female guests he's had on his show in the past...dude made some of those women really uncomfortable. Janet Jackson after her super bowl stint with Justin Timberlake comes to mind as one example.

This is one of my favorite episodes just because of how offkilter it was for its time. (Filmed internally in the offices because there was a heatwave that week.) But skip to 15 or 16min when Teri comes in. All around awkward. Completely fucked up to do.

I rewatched years ago and was like, yo wtf Letterman?! I must have missed it as a kid for obvious reasons.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

This is one of my favorite episodes just because of how offkilter it was for its time. (Filmed internally in the offices because there was a heatwave that week.) But skip to 15 or 16min when Teri comes in. All around awkward. Completely fucked up to do.

I rewatched years ago and was like, yo wtf Letterman?! I must have missed it as a kid for obvious reasons.

Letterman is relentless when he's on his pervert streak.

"You wanna take a shower?"

*5 min later*

*2 min later*

Some of his interviews I've seen with female guests...I want to elbow that guy in the face. He's infuriating.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Letterman is relentless when he's on his pervert streak.

*5 min later*

*2 min later*

Some of his interviews I've seen with female guests...I want to elbow that guy in the face. He's infuriating.
yeah, I couldn't believe it.
If I had to guess, he was going for the Howard shockjock energy. Certain Howard was at his prime then. Do you know when he finally cut that shit out? Letterman I mean.

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
yeah, I couldn't believe it.
If I had to guess, he was going for the Howard shockjock energy. Certain Howard was at his prime then. Do you know when he finally cut that shit out? Letterman I mean.

Not until very late in his career after multiple failed relationships/marriages and when one of them finally landed him in a lot of trouble (which he started being self-deprecating about on his show). He basically had to get burned several times over to realize that maybe trying to stick his dick in literally every woman that entered his peripheral vision isn't the best way to go about life when you're a prominent talk show host.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Not until very late in his career after multiple failed relationships/marriages and when one of them finally landed him in a lot of trouble (which he started being self-deprecating about on his show). He basically had to get burned several times over to realize that maybe trying to stick his dick in literally every woman that entered his peripheral vision isn't the best way to go about life when you're a prominent talk show host.
Appreciate the info, SC. I thought that clip I posted was a one-off. Huge fan of his growing up, too.

My bad for going off-topic here. But now that's been answered for the two or three people who wanted to know what D. Letterman did. Myself included.
SolidChamp will check it out.

Last edited:

SolidChamp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Appreciate the info, SC. I thought that clip I posted was a one-off. Huge fan of his growing up, too.

My bad for going off-topic here. But now that's been answered for the two or three people who wanted to know what D. Letterman did. Myself included.

Last derail: check out his interview with Janet Jackson, where he grills her on her Super Bowl show with Justin Timberlake. It's one of the most uncomfortable interviews I've seen.

xenocide

Oct 25, 2017
Vermont
Dave ("jokingly") defended R. Kelly on the Chapelle show so this isn't particularly surprising.
There was a broader context for that though. It was a criticism of how the system disproportionately punishes black celebrities while giving a pass to white celebrities who commit similar or worse crimes. Additionally that society and the media was all too happy to tear down successful black people when given the opportunity. His general attitude was giving black celebs the benefit of the doubt because of the way systemic racism impacted the criminal justice system.

Madison

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lima, Peru
dont really have the energy for this shit anymore

i just would like it if people stopped following and watching a known transphobe

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania

Fucking gross

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hey is Hannibal still cool, he popped up on the Joe Rogan Show I saw and that's kind of eh but otherwise I can like him right?