• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
Jaffe is a great gaming mind and l hope he lands on his feet soon. I know some people get offended by him but, I have no problem with someone who is abrasive as long as they are good at their job. Whoever picks him up will benefit. Drawn to Death was an interesting concept but it didn't pan out unfortunately.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope this doesn't mean that Drawn to Death is getting shut down. The world at the moment just isn't meant for gamey video games, gotta make open world cinematic experiences or make indies on shoestring budgets and hope a big lets player plays it. Misunderstood gaming genius :(

Deleted member 13015

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sad to hear.

Helped them during the pre-alpha/alpha days with Drawn to Death, and was part of a nice community in their forums.

Hope all of them find a job.

AudioEppa

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I called this year's ago when they first announced their studio. Jaffe seems like the kind of person who will never let go of his style of game making.

Take his last game. If you could take that world and make a story with great voice actors. Modified the look some. You might have something people can get behind.

I think Jaffe needs to co-work with a studio that can bring 'some' of his ideas into stuff people want to actually play.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope this doesn't mean that Drawn to Death is getting shut down. The world at the moment just isn't meant for gamey video games, gotta make open world cinematic experiences or make indies on shoestring budgets and hope a big lets player plays it. Misunderstood gaming genius :(
That's it, it's everyone else that didn't like the game that is wrong.

More on topic, studio closures suck, the majority of those people have nothing to do with the quality of a game at a design level.

EDIT: and I'm not saying the game should be shut down, it's always a shame if a game is shut down, mostly railing against the notion that somehow it was an amazing game that was just overlooked. it was FREE for god's sake, people don't want to play it because they don't like it.

NervousXtian

Oct 27, 2017
Drawn to Death was a horrible game. Cool art, but it played like a bone generic arena shooter.. just no compelling reason to exist at all. It appears to me as time goes on that Jaffe has been passed over by modern gaming.

Hope all the people who lost a job catch on quickly.

Jaffe is in the same boat as Cliffy B... both had huge flops with generic arena style shooters.

Fady

Oct 28, 2017
UAE
I probably would have played it a bit more if I could practice in a good single-player mode and then try to get better in multiplayer. Of course, that wouldn't change some of the floaty controls -- there were gameplay issues that would have to be addressed -- but at least it'd be easier to try to get used to them there and explore the maps in single-player for secrets.

I agree, a single player mode would have helped to some extent. Look at the depth of the single player campaign in Twisted Metal: Black for instance. So much meat to it and yet the game has an excellent multiplayer mode too. It would be nice to get a similar balance from his future titles that have a multiplayer focus.

OP
OP
ThisThingIsUseful
Oct 31, 2017
I agree, a single player mode would have helped to some extent. Look at the depth of the single player campaign in Twisted Metal: Black for instance. So much meat to it and yet the game has an excellent multiplayer mode too. It would be nice to get a similar balance from his future titles that have a multiplayer focus.

And that's the problem now. Even if you wanted to try Drawn to Death, there's no community, so what are you going to do if you buy it? Just play the tutorial? It's nice to be able to still go back to TM PS3, TMB or any of them and still have plenty to do.