• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zlug

Oct 1, 2018
One more reason to wait for a price drop in some months, great.

khamakazee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is smart marketing in today's times. People love to hear the word free regardless if content should have been there right away.

DevilMayGuy

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
When even a thread about free goddamn DLC gets shit on...
Days Gone: This Forum Comes for You

This is smart marketing in today's times. People love to hear the word free regardless if content should have been there right away.
Or maybe they're delivering a feature-complete, massive 30 hour open world game with 3 difficulty modes right out of the box, and are actually adding content to the game. Have you read any impressions that imply the game isn't feature-complete and that these additions are actually clearly core content that was cut from the game?
Baseless cynicism is not an admirable trait.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Nothing wrong with this FREE dlc later on. Everyone who's giving the devs and the game shit for doing so is just looking for something to be mad at.

Edgar

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I don't understand.

What's to criticize for having free content (ergo dlc) post launch?
Because it should be in the game already . The future content that has not been created/approved should be in the game day 1 no matter how complete the game is , no matter that the post launch support is free. Cause thats how game development works, right? We should shit on devs that support their games and give free stuff for FREE

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Great to know what the immediate post-launch support will be like and that it's free. I'm assuming Sony Bend is also planning some kind of story expansion for later in the year, too.

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
i didn't mean similar in content, just a paid dlc expansion priced around 20 dollars.

Plans could have changed, but at one point at least it was planned as 3 story packs. They changed the final digital deluxe to not include these packs and have not officially announced the paid DLC plans.
DyKHYekX4AAX2lq.jpg:large

Why should it have been here at launch? The game that is released already takes 60+ hours to 100%

Chris Metal

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Didn't read much complaining about the Grounded DLC for TLOU. Why here with this. Honestly the attitude around here towards some games has gotten increasingly pathetic as of late.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
Looks like Bend watched last years Easy Allies E3 preview xD

No survival vision is nice but I will play already before the dlc without that imo immersion killing ability.

Stryder

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
US
Calling that Free DLC is almost false advertising, but ok.

It's free added content that is downloadable. It's free DLC. It's not paid DLC. Reading comprehension is important. DLC isn't mandatory and it doesn't have to be something you have to pay for. If you're manually grabbing it out of the store it's downloadable content.

Like all the free DLC cdpr put out ON THE STORE, not in a patch, for players to grab.

Minilla

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
If the new difficulty was like HZD and Spiderman, didnt you have to complete the game first to unlock it?? Could be locked behind a NG plus essentially

Deleted member 8408

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nothing wrong with this FREE dlc later on. Everyone who's giving the devs and the game shit for doing so is just looking for something to be mad at.

Ignore the entitled whiny babies.

The irony is that some of these people will be the first to get outraged when there's a story about ridiculous inhumane crunch that some of these studios go through. They won't look in the mirror and realise that they are part of the problem.

Ryo

Oct 28, 2017
Sounds like a glorified patch with some Ubi style challenges more than proper DLC but at least they didn't lock survival mode behind a paywall.

Last edited:

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Are these actual DLCs you add from PSN store or are they deploying this content with a normal update/patch?

Minilla

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo
They were a team of 50 people building an
big open world game and brand new IP, on a brand new system, which they increased up to 130 staff over 5 years or more. Give the team a fucking break from your insesant nitpicking moaning. Your getting a full game. And the after stuff is a free bonus that they didn't just have the time to work on before obviously.
It's always the same old posters whining away as well.

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
Isnt GaaS when they charge you for endgame/ steady streamed content? This DLC and I think anything outside of new story missions are free. GaaS are games like Destiny, Anthem, Fortnite, Division etc
Nah, I see GaaS games as anything with content coming after release, like leaderboards etc. Anything to make a games lifespan longer. Most games are GaaS nowadays. I thought this was like God Of War, a one time deal.

Spiderman, Assassins Creed, Forza games etc. etc are GaaS

Its not a negative term, like most of era likes to use it.

Deleted member 32309

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
i don't like all game doing this (but i buy them in the end)
i want my solo games to have zero anti consummer practice attempting to kill second hand market with content you can suspect could be there day one in a less greedy world.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
Great! Days Gone is looking super good. Took the day off to see Endgame twice, Days Gone is just icing on the cake

So? They can add everything they are working on with a patch like what are they doing now with corrective patch 1.02 or 1.03.

I'm not talking about the new mission, i'm talking about the survival mode.
That's not how any of this works at all lol.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Nah, I see GaaS games as anything with content coming after release, like leaderboards etc. Anything to make a games lifespan longer. Most games are GaaS nowadays. I thought this was like God Of War, a one time deal.

Spiderman, Assassins Creed, Forza games etc. etc are GaaS

Its not a negative term, like most of era likes to use it.
Oh my god you are so so so wrong! And yes, GaaS is not derogatory, but it isn't such a broad blanket term as you are making it out to be.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Nice! Hope they implement NG+ as well down the line. Makes starting another playthrough more enjoyable.

Some people really annoyed by the term free dlc lmao