GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
And I remember someone saying this game is not on the same level graphically as other Sony games omegalol
Subpar graphics if i remember correctly...
c7ac6f90-e0c0-40ee-8f15-a0703ea9899b.png

Ricky_R

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Bike footage is looking better and better tbh. I just hope micromanaging it doesn't become a chore.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know if there is real life locations? I know the cascades are real of course but like specific places/towns etc
Players can collect "historical markers" spread throughout the map; bits of lore from Oregon's pioneer past. "They're all authentic. One of my narrative designers put a lot of research into this," says Garvin. "We really wanted to explore the dark underbelly of Oregon, like 'This was the cave where a guy was experimenting on Native Americans,' or 'This is where a real-life massacre occurred.' Peter Skene Ogden was the first white explorer to come through central Oregon. There's tons of stuff around here named for Ogden. But he was a real bastard."

Small Towns

No, Bend does not exist in the game. It focuses on re-creating more rural environments and smaller communities like Marion Forks and Camp Sherman. ("Right now the biggest town we have is quite a bit smaller than Bend," says Garvin. "We have a place called Farewell, though, because Bend used to be called Farewell Bend.") What does exist: ski lodges, mountain resorts, and golf courses. Other surprises? Ross is tight-lipped. "There's one place in the game that is singularly Oregon," he says. "We can't discuss it, but when it comes out you'll know what I'm talking about."

Mountains

Look above the tree line and you'll probably spot a familiar sight: maybe Mount Bachelor, Mount Washington, Three Fingered Jack, or the Three Sisters. "Those are our Central Oregon mountains. They're very iconic," says game director Jeff Ross. "The locals [who got a preview of the game] were just thrilled." Those peaks aren't just background décor. "One of the things that we use them for is defining the world," adds Garvin. "They provide beacons or landmarks for getting around because the world is really, really big."
https://www.pdxmonthly.com/articles...regon-s-video-game-industry-to-the-next-level

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
I've definitely hated on this game before but I will freely admit that it looks markedly better somehow and I'm not even sure what it is exactly.

I'm not really interested due to the open world structure but if you're into that type of game, this is shaping up way better than it initially looked I think.

I've never hated on the game but I wasn't really sure what to make of it. Reason it looks better is because prior they've only showed Alpha gameplay. This is the game at its final stages so it's going to even look better by April as this isn't even the final build. After this trailer though I'm sold. This looks incredible. I'm gonna roll the dice here and pre-order the CE. I'm getting good vibes from this now and I think this is going to be a really good game. I remember everyone was targeting Horizon too before it came out, where I also rolled the dice with and ended up being right.

Nov 8, 2017
Do we know if they've changed how the difficulty is managed? I remember the Game Informer interview where one of the devs said there would be no difficulty options and that it would be a pretty hardcore challenge.

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if fuel plays into this game for the motorcycle, and is it based on the story progress or is finding/maintaining fuel supply a gameplay mechanic?

i remember something about it being fairly important to have enough fuel to get to your next destination. getting caught out in the wilderness is very dangerous and could often result in being overwhelmed/killed.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
The reason it looks so much better now is because prior they've only showed Alpha gameplay from an old build. This is the game at its final stages but it's not even the final build. This is going to look even better by April and that's something considering how good it already looks.

Readler

Oct 6, 2018
It looks so good in so many ways, but I don't know why it still leaves me cold. Bummer. The hordes and the bike look sick, though. Kind of getting a Mad Max feel, which I enjoyed, but still.

Nov 8, 2017
https://www.pdxmonthly.com/articles...regon-s-video-game-industry-to-the-next-level

This was posted earlier in the thread. Definitely seems to be tied in to the actual area and geography. Probably not 100% accurate.

The Devs called it a Disneyfied version of central Oregon meaning distances are compressed and some areas have features that have been merged with others to make them more interesting visually. I'm sure if you live near Bend you'd notice Mt. Bachelor being too close to Three Fingered Jack but for the rest of us it will just look amazing.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
Random thought, I wonder if it's technically possible to finish the game and not use the bike at all. I know it's a massive part of the game, but for those who like to try unique playthroughs in an unintended way I'm curious about that

AngelOFDeath

Nov 13, 2017
Looking much better, my interest has risen. Maybe not a Day1 game, but hell I'm the same guy that got Horizon months after launch, what a fool I was.

I do like this approach for revealing the game. They've been marketing this for a while, showing freakers and bike riders in their PSN commercials. Should get a nice push. As long as game play is good and a decent story, you're looking at another successful IP, potentially.

AngelOFDeath

Nov 13, 2017
i remember something about it being fairly important to have enough fuel to get to your next destination. getting caught out in the wilderness is very dangerous and could often result in being overwhelmed/killed.
Mad Max did the same thing, I liked it even though it played very roughly. If this game improves on that, then I'm in.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
Random thought, I wonder if it's technically possible to finish the game and not use the bike at all. I know it's a massive part of the game, but for those who like to try unique playthroughs in an unintended way I'm curious about that
I think you are forced in some chasing section during the campaign.

Nov 8, 2017

Sort of like the guy who did the last Mario game without jumping. It sounds crazy until somebody goes and does it.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
I wonder if there's any chance for the release to move up, even a couple of weeks.

It's coming out at the end of April after many delays. I think Sony was smart in giving them the time they needed because had this come out last year or even early this year before the delays, it wouldn't be looking this good.

BouncyFrag

Oct 27, 2017
Bikers and zombies aren't really my thing but this game looks bonkers with all the gameplay elements. The quality of everything around this game looks top notch.

Dec 6, 2017
US
I've never hated on the game but I wasn't really sure what to make of it. Reason it looks better is because prior they've only showed Alpha gameplay. This is the game at its final stages so it's going to even look better by April as this isn't even the final build. After this trailer though I'm sold. This looks incredible. I'm gonna roll the dice here and pre-order the CE. I'm getting good vibes from this now and I think this is going to be a really good game. I remember everyone was targeting Horizon too before it came out, where I also rolled the dice with and ended up being right.

If the gameplay impressions turn out to be really good with good gunplay and so on, I might pick it up at a later point despite the open world structure. I've got way too much shit to play this year haha...

Oct 25, 2017
im a generic dark haired white guy and I find this boring and safe as fuck. this would've been a good opportunity for sony to diversify their protag catalog and design a POC for the role. If they ever get around to making PSABR2 there's gonna be about 20 white guys on the roster. yawn.
If you ignore all the characters they have that don't fit that description, sure.

Electro

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
The last scene from the Farewell wilderness trailer looks graphically very impressive.

Indoor locations seems to be really well done.

Deleted member 43077

User requested account closure
Banned
May 9, 2018
having played it thought it was aight. Excited to play it tho now that I was able to reserve it on the rental service I use.

jasius

Oct 28, 2017
Looks like a chunk of the game is avoiding junk mobs instead of well made fights, thats a pity.

The graphics have shaped up, although there was one part where the framerate dropped in the trailer.

The way the narrator said "encouraged" was interesting.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
See this makes alot of sense in this world.
Deacon will come across several friendly encampments during his travels, but "friendly" is a relative term – while the inhabitants won't shoot him on sight, Deacon will have to do some hired work if he wants to enjoy the full benefits of their community. Encampments offer several types of jobs that are grounded in the day-to-day struggle to survive, such as hunting deer for meat to feed the local population or completing a variety of bounties to shore up their protection. "There are bounty chases that involve the bike, where you're trying to get somebody who also rides and you have to go after them," Jensen says. "Then we have survivor rescues, which are guys who were abducted from a camp and you have to go back out and rescue them." Sony Bend showed off one such survivor rescue during E3 2017, where Deacon worked to save an NPC named Manny from an enemy encampment, culminating in the surprise arrival of a freaker bear. As it turns out, Manny plays a vital role in the first friendly encampment you encounter: He's the camp's mechanic, and can supply Deacon with a variety of invaluable bike upgrades if you can get him back in one piece.

Deacon can also collect freaker ears during his travels, which act as a universal currency at friendly encampments – proof that he's making the world a safer place. But Deacon isn't just doing these jobs out of the kindness of his own heart. "All of [the jobs] play into the economy of the encampment, and you're rewarded for doing all of those things," Jensen says. The more effort you put in, the more an encampment will trust you with their weapons and supplies, as well as discounts.

Everything you do affects the world really

As with Days Gone's other gameplay loops, dealing with these hotspots is worth the effort; infestations prevent you from fast-traveling through the affected area, even if you've unlocked your final destination as a viable travel point. Clearing out the nests also decreases the local freaker population, making it a little easier for Deacon to scavenge nearby areas for supplies.
Like NERO checkpoints, completing an ambush camp opens it up as a fast-travel location and offers more supplies to scavenge. You'll also find underground bunkers in the camps containing maps that will remove the fog of war from your world map. Taking down ambush camps also makes the world a little safer for Deacon to travel through. "Ambush camps are filled with murderous thieves and marauders, and these guys are actually the ones executing these ambushes throughout the world," Jensen says. "If you want to lower the frequency of getting knocked off your bike from a clothesline or getting sniped at by somebody, then you're going to have to take out these ambush camps."
https://www.gameinformer.com/b/feat...breaking-down-days-gone-s-gameplay-loops.aspx

THE GUY

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hope there's more indoor scenarios where you're in bases or big buildings etc. Between this, Resident Evil 2, and The Last of Us 2, zombie fans gonna eat.

ALSO SNOW NIGGAS!

Oct 27, 2017
No they were posted as the original argument someone made was all Sony protagonists are dark haired white males including Deacon in Days Gone, the thread for some reason has quickly become about racial diversity in Sony games.

I think there's a valuable conversation to be had, but it needs its own topic and it should be about gaming in general because Sony is one of the better publishers when it comes to female protagonists in their games.

anyone wanna guess meta scores, I'm going with an 84

I think that's about right. I can see it being low-mid 80s.

I'm very curious to see how they'll pull the "Uncharted" moments which they said will occur while exploring the open world (outside the missions, thing that very few open world games manage to do)

It would be cool if the had random events like groups of enemies clashing or fires breaking out and that kind of thing.

Holy shit that is looking impressive now. The delay of a couple of months seems like a really good decision.

Yasuke

Oct 25, 2017
Deacon St. John's look is inspired by his voice actor:

3c78211c-4241-4eea-95vkde.jpeg

Are white voice actors the only ones main characters can be based on? 😕

I don't care that Deacon is a white protagonist, I care that we still don't get many people of color in leading roles in games. And I can be excited for this game and have loved something like Horizon and still call devs out on that.

Kotze282

Oct 27, 2017
It looks really good and fun to play but where there some pretty hefty framerate hiccups in some scenes with lots going on?

EGOMON

Nov 5, 2017
Earth
Yeah I am buying this day one, been a while since I played a Zombie game, this new trailer sealed the deal