• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Batwoman isn't allowed to use Renee Montoya because she's in Birds of Prey, DC still got that embargo going. Really hope Arrow is allowed to bring back Slade, they're allowed to use the identity of Deathstroke (Kane Wolfman, John Digglke Jr), but not Slade. It's weird. Titans can share.

Also Batwoman won't be repeating Arrowverse characters, although who knows how long that'll last. Maggie is out because Supergirl had her, although that was a different universe. Ra's, Nyssa, Talia, Firefly, Deadshot, Anarky are all out. Would be interesting if Solomon Grundy that Arrow teased all the way back in S2 finally returned in Batwoman.

Man, Batwoman is gonna wind up with Batman's sloppy fourths at this rate.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I expect to see firefly since the arrow version might as well be a complete separate character
Yeah as long as they use a different name to Garfield Lynns it'll be fine. Gotham changed their Firefly too. They're just a useful one-off villain, although I'd love to see an Arkham Knight style confrontation, for however much that'd destroy the budget.

Man, Batwoman is gonna wind up with Batman's sloppy fourths at this rate.
I mean Hush, Mrs. Freeze, Riddler, Penguin, Poison Ivy and Clayface are a very good start. With Gotham over that's a lot of characters that Arrow never got a chance to plunder. The main missing group will be the League, although technically it would make sense if they dabbled in Gotham. But Batwoman can and should just use the Court of Owls and Talons instead.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Catwoman is rumored to be in the Batman film, so that may be a no-go.

Ivy is a good one.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Im getting a weird feeling Batwoman will get someone like Catwoman and actually have a relationship with her that will cause a shitstorm.

I 100% expect Nyssa &/or Talia eventually though.

Also I feel Ivy being one of the first A-Btier Batwoman gets.

Didn't Talia blow up? Didn't NYSSA blow up too? I forget, I stopped watching Arrow during the Prometheus season but I thought both of them died.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Katrina Law might be busy between her show and her kid, but Lexa Doig should be available

Deleted member 34881

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Do we know if Keiynan is going to be back for season 6 of Flash? Also guess the Cisco actor saying he isn't leaving anytime soon.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I like Keiynan as Wally so I hope we get to see KF again. It was floating around a bunch of news sites and twitter, it was bunched with all the season 6 info when I was looking up season 6 info.

Here ya go:

"I'm not leaving the show this season. I know everybody here is wondering, I know," Valdes said. "I see that look on your face. I'm not leaving the show. I love these guys. These guys love me, clearly. I love being in the room with these guys. I'm not leaving anytime soon."

That's a pretty emphatic denial that he's leaving. I guess that's worth believing, then.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I like Carlos, I just hate how they have been handling his character for the past few seasons. It would be weird to see him leave though.

I really don't know what the plan was. It was so hard to tell if it was the writers just having no idea how to handle him post-Flashpoint or if Carlos was getting sick of the job.

Hopefully Cisco's role this season is less complainy and more classic Cisco.

ody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cool fan art

PMxksmu.jpg

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I'm betting on JJ being undercover, and the main villain being Deathstroke's son.

What about Flash?
Are we betting Oliver's Red Death as the second Big Bad?

It's hard to say. Bloodwork doesn't really seem to fit the bill for 'most personal villain since Thawne', so they COULD pull something with evil Oliver. But Red Death was already name-dropped in the show, wasn't he? I still think Cobalt Blue popping up post-Crisis makes the most narrative sense.

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
It's hard to say. Bloodwork doesn't really seem to fit the bill for 'most personal villain since Thawne', so they COULD pull something with evil Oliver. But Red Death was already name-dropped in the show, wasn't he? I still think Cobalt Blue popping up post-Crisis makes the most narrative sense.

Red Death was referenced in the Flash Museum as a future villain with a high body count.
I think it fits the bill, and it's possible they have Amell under contract in the Arrowverse for more than the 10 episodes of his own show.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Red Death was referenced in the Flash Museum as a future villain with a high body count.
I think it fits the bill, and it's possible they have Amell under contract in the Arrowverse for more than the 10 episodes of his own show.

Right. They said the next big bad was not namedropped or referenced within the show already.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, alright, I guess I missed this info.

Yeah, it's been mentioned in interviews leading up to Comic Con so it's pretty easy to miss, especially since they developed a consistent habit of pre-foreshadowing new villains the season before they appeared.

Sounds like the new showrunner is picking a different direction. Two big bads, one before Crisis (Bloodwork) and one after it (?????).

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Right. They said the next big bad was not namedropped or referenced within the show already.
But that does apply to Bloodwork. Who knows what parts of their statement applied to which character.

The reason I don't think it's Red Death is because Amell wants to spend time in LA with his daughter. If it was Red Death I don't see him doing more than 1-2 in person appearances, a half season arc is tough if he's not under a mask.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
But that does apply to Bloodwork. Who knows what parts of their statement applied to which character.

The reason I don't think it's Red Death is because Amell wants to spend time in LA with his daughter. If it was Red Death I don't see him doing more than 1-2 in person appearances, a half season arc is tough if he's not under a mask.

Maybe it'll be Nekron, bringing Barry's dead friends and enemies back to life to torture him. How fucked up would that be?

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Nekron is the Black Lantern Corps guy. Different than Neron. But yeah, I suppose the similar names would confuse folks.
Yeah I know they're separate characters, it's more that Nekron is an unrelated character whereas Neron would've worked as a comics accurate big bad for Flash. I've brought him up many times over the years until Legends used him in as a throwaway demon.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
You probably shouldn't post from there. If you look at the site's other articles and the account's twitter page it's pretty comicsgate style shit. I don't doubt the rumor but looking at the site's twitter this seems like a common sense guess among a bunch of BS.

Okay. I saw it posted on a friend's facebook page, and wasn't familiar with the site.

OP
OP
ZeroX

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
BL will give in for the ratings

It's gonna happen, I think it comes down to filming locations and outside of Crisis what characters do you use to crossover for a separate one.

Do you go with Barry/Kara for the whole tone shift.

Do you go with Kate or a dark character.

Or the obvious black characters from the other shows.