• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
To the people who haven't seen the movie, the tweet is out of context and vague enough to not ruin the movie.
True, I really didn't get the joke as I haven't seen whatever it is referencing. Though know that somebody mentioned it being a spoiler, I have an inkling what it's about...
What is Harley talking about?
I assumed cunnilingus, but could be wrong. I thought it was reference to this https://www.resetera.com/threads/ha...-down-on-catwoman-heroes-dont-do-that.442168/

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
#WhatIf DC's non-TSS movies were actually good

I say this as someone who actually enjoyed MoS and BvS

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA

True, I really didn't get the joke as I haven't seen whatever it is referencing. Though know that somebody mentioned it being a spoiler, I have an inkling what it's about...
I assumed cunnilingus, but could be wrong. I thought it was reference to this https://www.resetera.com/threads/ha...-down-on-catwoman-heroes-dont-do-that.442168/
Wow I didn't even think of that I assumed it was based on Harley always saying he fucks bats in the show. but that's probably what it is.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Clever and fun, but I guess the bar for hilarity is pretty low these days, huh?

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
I like all 3 of them. Pretty in character for each series. Not sure why people are trying to make this into wars?

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
#Whatif nerds didn't act like someone insulted their mothers, when corporate Twitter involves another brand into their jokes.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not that Marvel movies are great by any means, but DC calling Marvel "camp" is just…
Have you seen Doom Patrol? It's purposefully a very campy show, particularly episodes focused on Danny the Street. That tweet is very much tongue in cheek.

#Whatif nerds didn't act like someone insulted their mothers, when corporate Twitter involves another brand into their jokes.

Seriously, the need to defend Disney of all things, is a bit silly. It must be so important to defend the honor of the 325 billion dollar corporation.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017
Sad that most of the best concepts for DC movies are in fact Elseworlds tales. Red Son, Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow, Kingdom Come, I could go on.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
This just reminds me of all those Disney+ launch tweets and not in a good way.

Dec 30, 2020

iddoanythingforlove-375x314.jpg

Basically, a complaint by DC after an episode of Harley Quinn implied he'd perform oral sex on Catwoman which was pretty much just, "super heroes don't do that!!"

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Seriously, the need to defend Disney of all things, is a bit silly. It must be so important to defend the honor of the 325 billion dollar corporation.
Yeah it's weird, but I guess the game is lost when a brand is core part of your identity. I like Steam, so I guess I like Valve Corporation too. But if someone made a joke about Valve, I just couldn't imagine responding with "Oh yeah, well Gabe Newell is richer than you!".

Edit: Also the internet tends to overstate things as "shots" and "burns". It's something which I think is happening here and something I've seen on the gaming side too.
Another edit: This is the kind of shit I'm talking about https://www.resetera.com/threads/ph...s-to-pc-at-a-later-date.439702/#post-66936061

Last edited:

a916

Oct 25, 2017

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
These are supposed to be lighthearted jabs, I don't get why people take them so serious.

I dont think people did. When you check the tweets and timeline its all lighthearted stuff. The thread OP and the posts that followed are what took it serious first. Wish I had read the full list of tweets first, lol.

Big Yoshi

Nov 25, 2018
did doom patrol, the show in which one of the villains is a giant rat named admiral whiskers french kissing a cockroach while saying "I wanna spread you like the plague, baby say marvel movies are camp????????????????????????????????????????????

[edit] I fuckin love doom patrol but thats just weird?

Ravenwraith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This makes DC look stupid, I don't see the hilarity. An account about a D list character like Peacemaker talks shit about Captain America ... okay? Call me when Justice League makes more at the box office than Doctor Strange.🙄
posts like this are why I approve. good job DC