• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Greendomo

Oct 25, 2017
I work right by the WB lot, they put up a bunch of posters the other day. They're definitely "all in" on marketing it here. Thought you guys might get a kick out of seeing them. I can take more if you guys want!

dcac87ac-47f7-49d9-br8uv9.jpeg

febb05b8-2717-47e7-8rqu6v.jpeg

Neophant

Oct 25, 2017

It isn't for me. In many ways I still think the Avengers is the best thing the MCU has ever produced up to this day and it's been kind of lackluster since then (though Winter Soldier and the GotG movies have been solid), and most of that I would credit to Whedon's deft hand at crafting team dynamics and interplay that made their clashing personalities work as a team. I do like Whedon, even though his work has always been hit or miss for me, but I wouldn't consider him the worst choice to direct Justice League 2. It's just like what others had already said, as much as Whedon's sense of style and filmmaking was good for something like the Avengers I don't think would be a good fit for what we've seen and heard from so far for a Justice League film. I hope he's happy with the Batgirl project and if it's successful, to work on other DC films, but for now I don't think we'll hear of a sequel until after Flashpoint is planned and scripted out (cause in many ways it'd also fit as a Justice League film considering the amount of characters that are part of it).

ConHaki66

Oct 27, 2017
ConnorFilm has two sources regarding the embargo, his less reliable source saying Warner might not lift social due to increased twitter character, his more consistent source is saying they will lift it this Sunday or the day after that.

The Driver

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I work right by the WB lot, they put up a bunch of posters the other day. They're definitely "all in" on marketing it here. Thought you guys might get a kick out of seeing them. I can take more if you guys want!

dcac87ac-47f7-49d9-br8uv9.jpeg

febb05b8-2717-47e7-8rqu6v.jpeg
Huh are those headshot ones new? Those are nice!
ConnorFilm has two sources regarding the embargo, his less reliable source saying Warner might not lift social due to increased twitter character, his more consistent source is saying they will lift it this Sunday or the day after that.
Zatt gonna need life alert.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
NERD ALERT

I actually had to do a paper in college on an American composer and picked Elfman, and while I love the Batman theme, this was the one I picked from the movie. working in motifs, building atmosphere, use of vocals and all that jazz.

Underrated track

ALSO since I am hanging out here, I'll give you folks a bit of slack, but yeah let's not attack each other, unless folks wana sit in the time out corner?
Did you choose not to have the mod status below your name?

pulga

Banned for alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Personally, I think they should have gone with Antimonitor instead of Darkseid as the "final boss" on the horizon. It doesn't matter that Darkseid is the OG, the comparisons to Thanos are inevitable, and with Marvel not having access to Galactus, Antimonitor would have felt much more distinct to general audiences

It's way, way, waaaay too soon to drag a Crisis into the DCEU.

Then again, it was way too son for Death of Superman and way too fucking soon for Flashpoint so what do I know *shrug*

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
Photos of the WB lot always make me nostalgic, I used to live near there for a little bit.

Huh, that's funny, it hadn't even occurred to me that doubling the Twitter character length would make social impressions of films much longer than studios may be comfortable with... though I feel like critics would've gotten around that before by just making threads (unless there was a post-per-thread limit too?).

ConHaki66

Oct 27, 2017
For bvs the sole editor was David Brenner, on IMDB it shows Martin Walsh(WW) and Richard Pearson(iron man 2) as editors aswell, does anyone know if this is true?

edit: nvm that is the offical credit Warner listed, thought it was a random users entry

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Because of one unfortunate statement he made.

Then why aren't people demanding Momoa quit Aquaman?

Nah, it's because "Affleck may quit Batman!" gets clicks. It's why sites hounded him to drive him back to alcoholism during the promotion of Live By Night. They want Batman headlines because controversy means clicks and clicks means ad revenue.

pulga

Banned for alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Affleck is a great Batman, all I want him is to dip in the pit and come out younger looking. The grey hairs are way too soon considering it's the start of the JL.

pulga

Banned for alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Iron Man is in futuristic suit though, old man Bruce has nothing but his own body to sustain him.

Firemind

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure Ben doesn't do all the stuntwork himself.

Plus, you can't have a Batfamily without Batdad!

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
Bruce doesn't seem that old. He's what, 48-ish?

Hell, Alfred is decades older and seems like he could run around in the Batsuit for a bit if he wanted to.

On this topic I do think it's interesting that they aged up Bruce without doing the same to Alfred. Comics Alfred would be in his 80s at this point.

guek

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's way, way, waaaay too soon to drag a Crisis into the DCEU.

Then again, it was way too son for Death of Superman and way too fucking soon for Flashpoint so what do I know *shrug*
That's why it would be on the horizon, maybe for JL2 at the earliest, just like with Darkseid

ZattMurdock

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Earth 616

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I'll think about it, but to throw out some underrated animated movie themes/songs

Always liked the one from Superman/Batman Public Enemies

The one from Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I'll think about it, but to throw out some underrated animated movie themes/songs

Always liked the one from Superman/Batman Public Enemies

I really love this one from Justice League DOOM.

I haven't been able to find the isolated track but I just think it's great. It sells the moment so well.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I feel so out of the loop on a lot of this stuff. Been super busy the past week or so. Still excited to see JL (still trying to work out when with friends) next week.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I really love this one from Justice League DOOM.

I haven't been able to find the isolated track but I just think it's great. It sells the moment so well.

That's a good one

It's one of the rare movies that I think is fine, but just can't because Tower of Babel is like one of my favorite comics

Status
Not open for further replies.