• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
But DCEU have the best Batman suit ever put on screen.

GLG8lyu.jpg

I hate most things DCEU but you're right. This is far and away the best suit.

Oct 27, 2017
Of all the things to make fun of the show for, this isn't one of them. If it's going to be used from behind as a darkly illuminated prop more or less, there's really no reason to mock it. A fully designed suit is probably quite expensive, so for cameo shots this is a way to achieve the visual effect while keeping the budget down.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Or like, any superhero suit in a costume fitting?
It's literally the process of figuring out how to make it work.

Yeah, I know right .. not just Era .. I'm seeing ridiculous negative reactions towards this thing. Perceived quality of the show itself notwithstanding .. this is a really minor thing for people to get upset over.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
But DCEU have the best Batman suit ever put on screen.

GLG8lyu.jpg
Hate the fat bat, hate the tiny ears, and his muscles are so large that it looks like he's about to burst out of the suit. He looks like he took all the steroids in Gotham

Both suits from Nolans batman look better. Especially the tdk one, which has this tactical uniform look to it.

Oct 25, 2017
Why would they go through the trouble of rigging that up if it won't appear on screen when they can literally borrow a real Batsuit from the WB archive for free and slap it on a stuntman

Gotham Spoilers
Gotham is doing it with the Begins suit apparently this season.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Yeah, I know right .. not just Era .. I'm seeing ridiculous negative reactions towards this thing. Perceived quality of the show itself notwithstanding .. this is a really minor thing for people to get upset over.
Ssshhh, can't ruin people dogpiling on a leaked image of the actual act of creating something...

Wonder what some people would say if they saw every costume fitting for every iconic superhero costume. Or like, an unrendered effect in an animation studio months before a film's release or something.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Hate the fat bat, hate the tiny ears, and his muscles are so large that it looks like he's about to burst out of the suit. He looks like he took all the steroids in Gotham

Both suits from Nolans batman look better. Especially the tdk one, which has this tactical uniform look to it.
DKR batman is a very polarizing one when it comes to look/costume. I'm in camp DKR batman is the best batman and the best bat suit but i certainly understand why people don't like juggernaut batman. But i like the bigger stocky batman's.

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
You should maybe put the explanation of the suit BEFORE the picture don't you think?

Carl Medina

Jan 25, 2018
Athens, Greece

AMEN to that brother - I don't understand the total ignorance or hate the BOTH Nolan suits get - They were not only practical but actually had some good applications to them - the belt being magnetic, the cape that collapses into a backpack if needed, the sonar in the ear, the iron ninja gauntlets from league, the white sonar eyes, I could go on FOR HOURS - like - COME ON - NONE of this stuff was nowhere near the level of perfection Nolan and his team produced in the big screen - NONE OF IT - It was the Nolan Bat tech that truly redefined the way we say a Batman Costume in the big screen

You guys need to seriously rewatch both - BB and TDK again

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how anyone could remotely think its a final suit,

Look how great the legitimate super suits look on the show.

image-from-ios-1123612.jpeg

preview-tit102u0081v1.jpg

preview-tit102m0166v1.jpg

Dove.jpg

One of the few elements the show has going for it.

Last edited:

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I know they'll hide some of it with shadows and the like....but whew lad.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Looks like one of the imposter vigilante's from TDK, lol.

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DCEU or DC TV... everything is going downhill because the idiots at WB don't know what they are doing

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
lol at this pic taken in a badly lit room with a blackberry camera

i'm sure it'll look better in the actual show... i hope...

Ephemeris

Oct 25, 2017
Of all the things to make fun of the show for, this isn't one of them. If it's going to be used from behind as a darkly illuminated prop more or less, there's really no reason to mock it. A fully designed suit is probably quite expensive, so for cameo shots this is a way to achieve the visual effect while keeping the budget down.
a point many is missing here

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Obviously not a proper suit that we're ever going to see on screen, as already said.

Last edited:

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Hot trash. They should hire someone with design sense next time.

Yes, this is real.

BUT you only see the cowl and it's from behind. The rest of the suit is probably to fill out the figure since it's in shadows and from behind in the show
Oh. Why is this noteworthy then?

Absoludacrous

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I don't understand this thread. There's no way this many posters don't know how to read.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
While that suit is mostly incomplete, the lack of progress or rather regression of the cowl segment is disheartening. DCEU batman could not rotate his head (and the fight sequences were choreographed as such) and that lack of practicality was a huge turn off for me (so amateurish). It is all the more aggravating given that Nolan's version overcame it in The Dark Knight and DKR (and there is commentary about it within TDK itself).

Absoludacrous

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
While that suit is mostly incomplete, the lack of progress or rather regression of the cowl segment is disheartening. DCEU batman could not rotate his head (and the fight sequences were choreographed as such) and that lack of practicality was a huge turn off for me (so amateurish). It is all the more aggravating given that Nolan's version overcame it in The Dark Knight and DKR (and there is commentary about it within TDK itself).

Why would they go through all that trouble for something you're only go to see the back of in shadows?

Like...why...?

This thread man.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
AMEN to that brother - I don't understand the total ignorance or hate the BOTH Nolan suits get - They were not only practical but actually had some good applications to them - the belt being magnetic, the cape that collapses into a backpack if needed, the sonar in the ear, the iron ninja gauntlets from league, the white sonar eyes, I could go on FOR HOURS - like - COME ON - NONE of this stuff was nowhere near the level of perfection Nolan and his team produced in the big screen - NONE OF IT - It was the Nolan Bat tech that truly redefined the way we say a Batman Costume in the big screen

You guys need to seriously rewatch both - BB and TDK again

I think people probably do understand since most of the first movie was spent explaining every aspect of the suit step by step. So rooted in function, so tactical, so ashamed of the source material.

It was pretty much every previous movie suit just without the gloss finish. Stupid looking black rubber monstrosity that the actor could barely move in. The worst part being the little cape clasps that made it look like Batman was wearing a collared shirt.