• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If they're just showing the thing from behind silhouette style, then it's really not that big of a deal. I mean, it looks whacky, but seems to me that it's just placeholder stuff.

Either way, I'm gonna be reppin the Batman Begins suit until I die.

Batman-Begins-Image-7.jpg

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Second image looks fine in context of how it'll likely appear in the show, especially compared to something like Clooneys costume.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
why zippers

why straps

Oh well I will remain trash and happy that this confirms Bruce is in.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Why would they go through all that trouble for something you're only go to see the back of in shadows?

Like...why...?

This thread man.

Your condescension aside, if the showrunners plan on showing Batsy only once from behind then them saving money by not designing it to be more functional makes sense. However, if the show were to start featuring Bats in action from time to time then his cowl needs a more practical design. It is logic 101 for a master of several martial arts to not handicap himself. And with regards to that Nolan's version, at least around the neck area, works perfectly.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
This will likely look better in the final product so I'm not going to judge too much

Though it looks like Big Daddy from Kickass

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
While that suit is mostly incomplete, the lack of progress or rather regression of the cowl segment is disheartening. DCEU batman could not rotate his head (and the fight sequences were choreographed as such) and that lack of practicality was a huge turn off for me (so amateurish). It is all the more aggravating given that Nolan's version overcame it in The Dark Knight and DKR (and there is commentary about it within TDK itself).

???

2p9kmDy.gif

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If they're just showing the thing from behind silhouette style, then it's really not that big of a deal. I mean, it looks whacky, but seems to me that it's just placeholder stuff.

Either way, I'm gonna be reppin the Batman Begins suit until I die.

Batman-Begins-Image-7.jpg

I don't think anything can top this as far as the black body armor style that Burton made popular goes. I was glad they finally went in a new direction with BvS, though. The only issue I have with this suit, which is also present on the Dark Knight one, is the way it bends at the joints. You can even see it in that shot on his right shoulder. It's really nitpicky, but it bugs me.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
So he is not even going to be in it for long?
Then why not use any of the suits they made for the other movies?

I'd imagine a combination of time, money and convenience

Like those movie suits aren't cheap, and a lot of them are up in exhibits/trade shows so would need to keep them in order and ship them back and forth to Atlanta (Think where this is filmed) and let's say you get it for a week for filming and then like a week later discover that need pick up shots or wanna use it for something else need to go through the process again.

At least this way they have something.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly? I'll pretty much take anything over the puffed up DCEU suit with the stubby ears at this point.

This seems to take more after the older movie costumes which is cool.

Oct 27, 2017
I'd imagine a combination of time, money and convenience

Like those movie suits aren't cheap, and a lot of them are up in exhibits/trade shows so would need to keep them in order and ship them back and forth to Atlanta (Think where this is filmed) and let's say you get it for a week for filming and then like a week later discover that need pick up shots or wanna use it for something else need to go through the process again.

At least this way they have something.
I see.

Thanks for the info.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I kinda of like it. I think the last few suits have been too bulky

Deleted member 43077

User requested account closure
Banned
May 9, 2018
im imagining it in better lighting and with the full suit on and in my head its not all that bad but then again this is the same show with the trash starfire and raven so...

Batfleck still is the best suit ever

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Sigh... no one reads the first post anymore, do they?

The suit will never be shown in full light or close up. It will be in shadow. All they need to do is show a silhouette which looks like Batman. The suit in the pics will do just that. This isn't rocket science, but keep on hating everyone.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
I'm more baffled by people who didn't think it was going to look bad, or even the ones that are hoping it'll look better in the show

Guys, it's by the same guys who make the CW shows. It's going to look cheap at best compared to what we're used to, and god awful at worst. Have you SEEN the actual main characters costumes of this show? If that's what they're gonna do for their stars, a side character, even a side character as important as batman, isn't going to be good.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
I'm more baffled by people who didn't think it was going to look bad, or even the ones that are hoping it'll look better in the show

Guys, it's by the same guys who make the CW shows. It's going to look cheap at best compared to what we're used to, and god awful at worst. Have you SEEN the actual main characters costumes of this show? If that's what they're gonna do for their stars, a side character, even a side character as important as batman, isn't going to be good.
This has different costume designers than the CW shows other than BL.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The costume for the Bird characters look good though.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017