• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
David Corenswet sighting in Mexico. Remember, this guy is 6′ 4″.
GLGXoHCXwAA-BU1

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
So I finally got around to watching Guardians 3 and yeah, I think Superman is in safe hands with Gunn. I was already on-board with him as writer/director, but Volume 3 reminded me that Gunn understands how to balance and implement humor with genuine pathos into his superhero films. He knows when to let dramatic or sad moments play out without ruining the scene with a joke or quip to cut the tension.

And while Supes is a fun character, there are certainly plenty of moments where things get serious, especially when he's saving people in genuine danger.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
What a weird picture to use to debut the full costume. I'm glad the trunks and classic S curl are in, and I love the colors, but its hard to make any opinion on the suit as a whole from that pic.

Not sure a dig the collar and armor-lines, which seem to be lifted straight from the New 52 design - though they could grow on me.

NinjaDBL

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. It's a very strange way to reveal a suit for the first time. I need a better look at the costume to give full thoughts.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I was hoping our first full reveal would've been more of a tone thing that Gunn has hinted his movie is going to be. Bright colors with a Superman that's helping someone or literally getting a balloon out of a tree for a kid.

OP
OP
Penguin

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Such a random day and random pic to debut Superman, but happy we're getting the ball rolling.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Oof, I was bored in Part 1... I kept checking the time and seeing that it was only 90 minutes long and I was like 30 minutes in, lol.
I can see how and why people would hate Part 1 lol. I wouldn't say it's an amazing movie, but the random cuts here and there kept me interested.

At least CW Crisis was fun, these two movies have just been meh.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Crisis is an amazing story, but really one that's tough to tell nowadays. You're really just appropriating the name and broad strokes, and it TRULY only works to me if you have multiple universes that already exist. I still need to watch part 1 on Max.

And since I wasn't around for the initial drop, I dig Superman's initial look. I know there's some weirdness going on with the shiny boots and the dirty top, but it looks very promising.

Cinnamon

Jan 18, 2023
I was chatting with some of the people who worked on the TV series "Gotham". This year will be the 10-year-anniversary since the Season 1 "Pilot" aired on television.

Based on discussions, you do get the sense that they badly want to do ONE more season of Gotham, and they want it to be fucking amazing. Ideally, they really want to do a big-budget Bat-family HBO limited mini-series with Batman, Robin, and Batgirl. It wouldn't be another "prequel" or "origin" series. They would be open to making it as either a live action mini-series (like Twin Peaks: The Return) or an animated series like X-Men '97.

In public interviews, John Stephens, the show's executive producer, has publicly talked about how a "Batgirl" show would be the most logical sequel to "Gotham". Because she's the daughter of Jim Gordon (Ben McKenzie), Barbara Kean (Erin Richards) and step-daughter of Lee Thompkins (Morena Baccarin). So there's a whole family dynamic that they could explore for a new season.

None of this will probably happen because DC is trying to create a more "unified" universe with both television and movies. So they will have an uphill battle getting anything greenlit with Warner Bros. However, it's interesting because I know people involved with "Smallville" have been aggressively pitching an animated series. X-Men '97 has been doing really well for Disney+, and that series isn't directly connected to the live-action MCU films.

https://deadline.com/2024/03/michael-rosenbaum-smallville-animated-sequel-series-1235862929/

Last edited:

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
Gotham was awesome. Honestly, I think it was at its best when it wasn't trying to be a Batman prequel. Some of that stuff was great, but I just loved the city and the villain/gang interactions.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths Part 3 coming to home digital on July 16th.

Part 2 should probably be on Max around then.

Feb 16, 2022
Gotham
Legends of Tomorrow
Agents of SHIELD
Lucifer

These 4 still are the peak of comic book TVs for me. They might not be the most comic accurate but they embodied the infectious sense of fun, creativity, and wonder that I love comic books for.