• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KAP151

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished and hit lvl cap yesterday.

Really enjoyed.

Carla is annoying as hell tho.

FellowTarnished

Alt account
Banned
Mar 8, 2022
One gripe I do have is the upgrading system, it's never accurate. I just put on a mod that said it would reduce my damage by 40, but I knew this wasn't the case so I applied it and I gained like 80 damage.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
This game ended just when the formula was starting to get stale. Very solid game all around, really enjoyed it.

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Took a break from this for a few days so question, when it says an area has a mission to do, why is it not showing up? Do I need to progress the main story?

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
The game looks so good on console. Like the lighting is amazing honestly, and the interiors of these houses are so well made. Really impressive game technically but also a lot of fun to play so far.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Took a break from this for a few days so question, when it says an area has a mission to do, why is it not showing up? Do I need to progress the main story?

Depends.

There is some lost and found quests that aren't marked and you need to find the starting point.

There is also at least 2 side quests I can think of that you have to get close before they start but are otherwise unmarked. Though an NPC does hint at one if you listen to their ambient dialogue.

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Depends.

There is some lost and found quests that aren't marked and you need to find the starting point.

There is also at least 2 side quests I can think of that you have to get close before they start but are otherwise unmarked. Though an NPC does hint at one if you listen to their ambient dialogue.

Thanks! This is one of those games I'll want to try to do everything if possible.

Varixio

Oct 27, 2017
Would anyone want to play on ps5 so I can finish the last achievement I need for the 100%? I need to revive a slayer 4 more time. :)

Nvm, got it

Last edited:

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Made it to Monarch Studios and the gameplay really is a blast so far. Did the side quest to get that electric sword which is pretty fun to use. Also lining up jump kicks and trying to finish off zombies with Amy's L1+R1 attack is surprisingly satisfying as well (and helps me minimize weapon/durability use as well). Triggering environmental damage is fun too, when I can get it lined up just right. Was really satisfying to take down a group of zombies by hitting some oil tanks and a truck with a flaming weapon from a safe distance and avoiding what would have otherwise likely been a tough fight.

On that note, I feel the difficulty of the game is right at the sweet spot for me currently. If it significantly ramps up later in the game I could see myself not having as good a time with it. But for now, really fun stuff.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Made it to Monarch Studios and the gameplay really is a blast so far. Did the side quest to get that electric sword which is pretty fun to use. Also lining up jump kicks and trying to finish off zombies with Amy's L1+R1 attack is surprisingly satisfying as well (and helps me minimize weapon/durability use as well). Triggering environmental damage is fun too, when I can get it lined up just right. Was really satisfying to take down a group of zombies by hitting some oil tanks and a truck with a flaming weapon from a safe distance and avoiding what would have otherwise likely been a tough fight.

On that note, I feel the difficulty of the game is right at the sweet spot for me currently. If it significantly ramps up later in the game I could see myself not having as good a time with it. But for now, really fun stuff.

So long as you keep doing side quests the difficulty curve is good.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm in Beverly Hills
looking for Michael, been to the Kwon's house, shut both gates - I really enjoyed pants guy, Roxxie falling off her stool and everyone banging their heads on things and so on.
I'm really enjoying the writing so far, it's genuinely entertaining at times, I actually laughed at the above. I like Ryan's voice actor, properly hamming it up and leaning into the script.

Games is just solid fun so far.

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
finished the main story. biggest surprise of the year and best zombie game in ages (yeah, i played re 4 remake...). fantastic characters and writing, amazing visuals/seeting, great combat gameplay loop.simply one of the best games of the year. and even with some traversal stutters on ps5 (just in one area), this game is a technical and graphical showcase. oh, and the level design deserves a mention as well. its great.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
Done the post game stuff now. Was slightly concerned after
Going Viral (which was very good)
that they were going to super nihilistic with those later missions but they were more to do with set up it seems. Which is cool and also very confident for a sequel that was announced 9 years ago. I appreciate the chutzpah.

I think I have one lost and found quest to do but I have no idea where it is. I think I might leave it for now (unless it's something really cool) my inventory and safe are full up of unique weapons at the moment.

But yeah, awesome stuff. Really looking forward to the new story chapters and whatever comes after that.

ArgyleReptile

Oct 25, 2017
I think I have one lost and found quest to do but I have no idea where it is. I think I might leave it for now (unless it's something really cool) my inventory and safe are full up of unique weapons at the moment.

I have a feeling the Lost and Found mission you're missing is in Venice Beach. It was the last one I was missing and wasn't sure how to find it either. Not sure how much you want me to reveal, but look for the Shark Mascots and explore the stores they are in front of.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
finished the main story. biggest surprise of the year and best zombie game in ages (yeah, i played re 4 remake...). fantastic characters and writing, amazing visuals/seeting, great combat gameplay loop.simply one of the best games of the year. and even with some traversal stutters on ps5 (just in one area), this game is a technical and graphical showcase. oh, and the level design deserves a mention as well. its great.
High praise! I've been lurking the thread and this is possibly the recent game with the best impressions in here

OP
OP
Kadzork

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Dead Island 2 is my legit GOTY right now and I don't see it leaving my top 10 - probably not even my top 5.

I adored every second and I still have side content to pick away at.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
I have a feeling the Lost and Found mission you're missing is in Venice Beach. It was the last one I was missing and wasn't sure how to find it either. Not sure how much you want me to reveal, but look for the Shark Mascots and explore the stores they are in front of.
Ah nice one. Didn't even notice that the smaller one had an interior to explore. Never would have found that. Cheers.

Man, that curveball reward would have been real useful in the flooded parts of the subway 😄

ChoklitCow

Oct 27, 2017
Muncie, IN
I'm sure I will grow tired of it in time, but I really enjoy using the various environmental traps/effects they have setup around town. I could probably zip through and massacre them all in half the time, but running around and drawing a bunch into a big trap or explosion is a lot of fun.

Can't believe I'm going to say this, but I also turned on the Alexa voice commands and kind of enjoy yelling at zombies to follow me. Been using it to bring up certain weapon mods to light stuff on fire too. Gimmicky? Absolutely. But I'm entertained by it.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Finished it.

Nice work Dambuster, please make DLC (I want to visit the storm drains!) and also a full sequel (set in the UK!).

8/10.

FellowTarnished

Alt account
Banned
Mar 8, 2022
And done, credits rolling. I went in expecting a silly bit of fun, probably a 7/10 but I'd have to give it a solid 9/10, it's much better than it has any right to be, and it's so refreshing playing a game that runs well on PC. I still have some side content to mop up but yeah, that'll do me, it was a good length and didn't overstay its welcome, and at the same time it wasn't super short either. It has without a doubt the best gore system of any game, and the overall asset quality was phenomenal.

Zor

Oct 30, 2017
Took me until maybe the last third of the game when I started chasing Challenges and using things like Caustic to really appreciate the gore system and effects in this game.

I really think they're second to none. Just insane to watch a fully formed but gross zombie disintegrate into barely more than a skellington whilst still pursuing you.

Need that DLC/sequel to go even crazier with that shit!

Jan 4, 2018
I'm sure I will grow tired of it in time, but I really enjoy using the various environmental traps/effects they have setup around town. I could probably zip through and massacre them all in half the time, but running around and drawing a bunch into a big trap or explosion is a lot of fun.
I slapped on a card that gives you flaming dropkicks and the most satisfying aspect of the combat loop for me was igniting a zombie with a dropkick to the chest and watching them ragdoll into fuel tanks and oil spills.

Felt like I was playing Bulletstorm.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
OK, thank you. So you empty a cannister of oil or water in them and then hit them with your elemental weapon? Seems like a lot of work when you could just hit them anyway. I'm obviously missing something here.

Well it's usually good when handling multiple zombies at once and you want to make damaging fields.

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
OK, thank you. So you empty a cannister of oil or water in them and then hit them with your elemental weapon? Seems like a lot of work when you could just hit them anyway. I'm obviously missing something here.
Yeah, I'm kinda with you. Regular weapons are so much more effective than the environmental stuff. Although I will say the corrosive jerry cans are great fun, just walk around melting zombies.

Bonestorm

Oct 27, 2017
Finished the story. I'm confused by some people's play time as I'm easily 30 hours in with side content left.

9.5/10 for me. Only have Dead Space Remake higher. I thought everything was great even the writing and story. It's hard to even explain how amazing the combat is. Every fight feels unique and there's nothing like it on the market.

If I were to guess it ends up my number 3 top game this year after D4 and Dead Space.

My only complaint is how late game you get legendaries and the amount of running back and forth on some side quests.

Thirsty for NG+, DLC and of course a sequel.

ChoklitCow

Oct 27, 2017
Muncie, IN
Any tips for this? I keep finding oil or water but no flames or electricity nearby to set up a trap.
There are also some almost "scripted" events. A gas cylinder pointed towards a group of zombies, an electric generator near a pool that you need to turn on, etc. I have occasionally dumped a lot of gas and lured them through it before blasting the cannister or just lighting the fire. As someone else mentioned, the caustic cans are pretty entertaining too making them melt.

Definitely not efficient (except those environmental ones), but entertaining.

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
I cant stress enough how good the writing and dialouge is in this game.

giphy.gif

Oct 27, 2017
Picked this up to pass time till stuff I was more interested in came out, and it's legit one of my GOTY so far. The writing is great, and each area is just big enough to let you explore every nook and cranny, without being overwhelmingly huge.

Nov 1, 2017
I got a machine pistol with the superior ranged cremator mod on it yesterday, and I wish I'd had it for the whole game. If I run across something I don't want to get too close to (butcher, screamer, etc.), I just point the pistol at it, squeeze the trigger, and it just melts. If only I could carry more ammo.

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Dead Island 2 main quest down. SOLID 8/10 game for me. The 75 doesn't do it justice I would notch it up to 80 atleast, IMO of course!

Just the fact it's polished on release was huge considering the development hell it went through. Don't regret the $65 I spent, but I know people will love waiting for the sale. Get it when it drops price fast, you won't be disappointed.

I'm still marveling over the lighting and environments in game, if you have a next gen console it's a must play. The baked in lighting will make sure the game won't age bad visually.

I got a kick of how faithful Santa Monica looked.

d595bda0-7e69-4547-9509-a6f792ec9e19-jpeg.3123931

Still at awe with the lighting.

62a29ae8-6971-400d-938c-39d7daaa83d8-jpeg.3123944

8585445e-1a2e-40b3-a7f0-635f35ff91ff-jpeg.3123945

Last edited:

Crono

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished the main story and enjoyed it alot
Gonna start starting wars and then come back to finish side missions. Also Amy i love the character but holy shit is she weak af. She cant take any dmg at all...

LiquidDom

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finished the story last night, really loved the game but could have used a few less underground railroad/sewer sections lol but other than that I had a blast. Going to try to wrap up all side content today, try to finish the challenges (almost done with those just naturally playing), and then I'll probably start a new character to jump into a co-op session with a random to get those trophies. Platinum should be mine in no time.

Rubmifer

Oct 28, 2017
Gonna finish up Callisto first and since games like Jedi Survivor are a mess right now I'm really thinking about getting this one. I wanted to wait for sale since I think 60€ is a bit expensive, but it just looks like such a fun time.

RafikiX

Mar 24, 2023
Finished it too, and it's a damn good game. Did all the content available except some challenges so I'm at 90% completion. Will do the rest in coop with a friend or maybe random people as I love helping fellow zombie slayer :)
Everything is so polished, looks good, runs well on pc, no bugs and the combat is really fun.
The writing is indeed great and the plot is actually quite good ! I played Jacob and he's so freaking fun I laughed a couple of times. But he's also nuanced and can be serious sometimes which further enhance the fact that the writing is good.
Can't wait for the expansion !

Kaelan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Dani cracks me the fuck up in this game. Been doing side missions because I only have a few main ones left. Might have to cop the expansion pass when it comes out

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
Dead Island 2 main quest down. SOLID 8/10 game for me. The 75 doesn't do it justice I would notch it up to 80 atleast, IMO of course!

Just the fact it's polished on release was huge considering the development hell it went through. Don't regret the $65 I spent, but I know people will love waiting for the sale. Get it when it drops price fast, you won't be disappointed.

I'm still marveling over the lighting and environments in game, if you have a next gen console it's a must play. The baked in lighting will make sure the game won't age bad visually.

I got a kick of how faithful Santa Monica looked.

d595bda0-7e69-4547-9509-a6f792ec9e19-jpeg.3123931

Still at awe with the lighting.

62a29ae8-6971-400d-938c-39d7daaa83d8-jpeg.3123944

8585445e-1a2e-40b3-a7f0-635f35ff91ff-jpeg.3123945
These shoots look like the game had RTGI. Honestly day/night cycles in most games look rather terrible withe traditional way of lighting rendering.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
If you told me at the beginning of 2023 that DI2 would be the frontrunner for my GOTY, I don't think I would have believed you.

But here we are.