• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 13550

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
mbto2u.jpg

Official Website

Developer: Team Ninja
Publisher: Koei Tecmo
Platforms: Playstation 4, Xbox One, PC via Steam
Release Date: "Early 2019"

Playable Characters:
1f8ynd.jpg
in95cx.jpg
helenapdu2o.jpg
2mdjevt.jpg
jpdj0x.jpg
zackibscd.jpg

Stages:
doa6-stage-colosseum-2tsfm.jpg
throwdown0019vsja.jpg

Media:
Reveal Trailer, IGN Interview with Gameplay

Whats New in DOA6?:
A Meter bar, located under the health bar.
No Tag Battles.
Power Blows, Power Launchers and Critical Bursts have been removed.
Mashing the special button (set to R1/RB by default) will make you perform a Fatal Rush, an auto-combo.
Sidesteps have been replaced by "Side Attacks".
Pressing -> S when your Meter is full will perform a Break Blow. It's an invincible attack that beats out Highs, Mids, Throws, but loses to Lows. This is what triggers the close up of the face smashing and will even tear clothes. It also works in juggles and with the enivornment.
Pressing <- S when your Meter is full will perform a Break Hold, this is another way to beat the Break Blow. You can also use this to evade an attack, move behind the opponent automatically and get to deal damage. Break Holds will hold any attack, so you don't have to guess the opponents next attack.

Some of the info above may not be 100% correct and could change by the time the game comes out.

I'll update everything once we get better shots of characters, stages and more info in general.

Last edited:

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
The VF crew and the other guest characters are probably going to be in a season pass. The base roster will be DOA only according to that interview.

As above.

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
Kokoro forever. Really interested to see if they made any design changes to her. I do hope the VF chars come over to this one too.

OP
OP

Deleted member 13550

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Would be cool if they put in new VF Fighters this time, replace 2-3 of 'em, keep Akira (and Sarah) and add Wolf and someone else

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
The stages in games before DOA5 were way more detailed and multi tiered. Hope they can match those types of stages.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Will Zack have that weird-ass Teletubby space condom costume again?

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
Where do people think the final number of characters for the base roster will end up? I'm going for mid-20s. 4 new characters at the most.

Nezacant

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
I'm so pumped. And there will be a PC version released at the same time. I'm so in... If this leads to a new Ninja Gaiden... my life will be complete.

dorikyasu

Oct 27, 2017
Ann Arbor, MI
From the interview, Shimbori sounds like he knows what he's doing. I wasn't really a big fan of Hayashi-era DOA series, so definitely interested in DOA6 now under the new direction.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Needs more Tina!

Super excited to see how Shimbori approaches this transition, the stage direction looks phenomenal.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure what to think yet.

Toning down the fanservice sucks and the new special button and general mechanics stuff doesn't sound great either.

Rachel, Tina, Nyotengu, Christie pls

Also VF characters. Gimme Sarah again and add Vanessa

Chixmeal

Banned
May 30, 2018
The time has come for an older woman in the cast, if only for the sake of character diversity.

Nov 28, 2017
I wouldn't worry about the fatal rush as of yet. We don't even know if it can be as basic as being sidestepped, yet. Let's get more footage and info before jumping to conclusions.

About the break gauge, it's sounds quite simple yet this new evolution of the power blows could be abused on top of chains and with wall damage, let alone criticals. Not sure about break holds play, guessing it's backwards from blows, i.e. like reversal but with high damage + critical stun so you can use launchers and continue the chain.

Anyway, first time meter, so yay?

lyte edge

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Things I expect:

-Plenty of perv-shit all over the place, no matter what they say. The comments about it being toned down are just like DOA5's reveal.
-Truckloads of DLC costume packs again.
-A shitty PC port.

Things I hope for:

-GOOD NETCODE.
-A good PC port.
-GOOD NETCODE.
-A Switch port!
-GOOD NETCODE.

Marie is 100%. Honkers...I'm not so sure. I personally believe that she wrecks esports.

They're both super-popular and it wouldn't make any sense to leave them out. I hope they give Honoka a move set of her own this time around.

Oct 27, 2017
How do you guys feel about the story mode?

The same as 5 or a new style?

I would personally like them to make the campaign more character focused instead of a huge story line with mini storylines in some chapters.

Deleted member 35156

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
As long as Marie Rose, Nyotengu and Rachel are there day one I'm also there! I'm super hyped for more DOA and hopefully Mai returns as a guest character in 6 since I liked her in 5 but never had the time to learn her properly.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The thing that I most loved about this trailer, is that didn't felt like "LOOK AT ALL THESE HOT BABES FIGHTING EACH OTHER" rather, it was a very equilibrated trailer where the mens also got a lot of spotlight.

Jun 4, 2018
I did not wake up this morning expecting to discuss a new entry in the Dead or Alive series, but here we are. Haven't even had a chance to watch the trailer yet... I'm just ecstatic. This is an amazing development.

Status
Not open for further replies.