Status
Not open for further replies.

Loona

Oct 29, 2017
Kiryu from the Yakuza series as a guest character.

Kiryu is great, but as far as Sega characters go, didn't DoA5 devs at one point express a liking for the prospect of adding Ryo Hazuki if they could? He might get precedence, and get a release aligned with Shenmue 3's.
VF's Kagemaru also comes to mind and would fit the DoA ninja theme while paying homage to the VF inspiration.
Kiryu IMO is a better fit for a Tekken guest, in that he's incredibly brutal while also being damn goofy at times, much like that series.

You could put Tifa in and I'd still be pissed when mila doesn't make it and we have a guest...

I can only imagine the riot if Tifa made it to DoA6 thanks to the Team Ninja work on Dissidia, but did so before she actually joined the new Dissidia.
Can't say she doesn't have some aesthetic affinities with DoA... but maybe not this early on.

I can't help but think that if DoA was to implement a crossover character into its story like Tekken 7 did with Gouki, Kyo from KoF would work great, since like Kasumi, he's also got a bit of a history with clones, and a pretty big movelist that expanded and changed over the years enough to probably work in a 3D fighting game... Mai was one hell of a proof of concept, so it doesn't seem impossible, at least... well, it wouldn't be if the initial released wasn't declared to be a guest-less thing, understandably...

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Kiryu is great, but as far as Sega characters go, didn't DoA5 devs at one point express a liking for the prospect of adding Ryo Hazuki if they could? He might get precedence, and get a release aligned with Shenmue 3's.
VF's Kagemaru also comes to mind and would fit the DoA ninja theme while paying homage to the VF inspiration.
Kiryu IMO is a better fit for a Tekken guest, in that he's incredibly brutal while also being damn goofy at times, much like that series.

I can only imagine the riot if Tifa made it to DoA6 thanks to the Team Ninja work on Dissidia, but did so before she actually joined the new Dissidia.
Can't say she doesn't have some aesthetic affinities with DoA... but maybe not this early on.

I can't help but think that if DoA was to implement a crossover character into its story like Tekken 7 did with Gouki, Kyo from KoF would work great, since like Kasumi, he's also got a bit of a history with clones, and a pretty big movelist that expanded and changed over the years enough to probably work in a 3D fighting game... Mai was one hell of a proof of concept, so it doesn't seem impossible, at least... well, it wouldn't be if the initial released wasn't declared to be a guest-less thing, understandably...
Athena would be an interesting choice if they were to go for another KoF guest.

Jan 11, 2018
We live in a world where people like Kim Kardashian have important meetings with the president of the United States, who is Donald Trump, and SNK making a lewd fighting game but Team Ninja isn't.

Jan 11, 2018
Which is why I hope they make a ton of money on day one, that people actually want to support the creators' vision for this game.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
For a moment I thought DOA6 would be shown at the press conference, lol. Who also felt like that when Koei Tecmo's and Team Ninja's logos flashed up on the screen?

SweetNicole

The Old Guard
Oct 24, 2017
First two stages in 4K:

image_dead_or_alive_6-38479-4087_0002.jpg

image_dead_or_alive_6-38479-4087_0001.jpg

image_dead_or_alive_6-38479-4087_0003.jpg

image_dead_or_alive_6-38479-4087_0004.jpg

• Don't bump Pre E3 threads – Please do not bump old threads with new announcements or news that comes out during E3. Either post new news in a brand-new thread or in a thread that was created specifically to discuss that conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.