• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shingi_70

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any breakdown on how the editions will work in the west? There doesn't seem to be a physical version of the deluxe edition.

Azuardo

Oct 25, 2017
That, and I guess they wanna shift full price sales as much as they can at/after launch. Otherwise people will just download the free version, I imagine.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
So VV is getting a new character Nagisa who is Misaki's older sister and man.. did they accidently put the wrong character in each game? Give Nagisa blue hair and put her in NiCO's outfits and she would have been a great different NiCO

How did 6 end up with a Marie Rose lookalike and VV is getting these other characters. Shouldn't it be the other way around.

Deleted member 48201

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 29, 2018
If I remember correct they said it would come but not at launch.
Just to guess, they will need/want some dlc costume options first. imo

That, and I guess they wanna shift full price sales as much as they can at/after launch. Otherwise people will just download the free version, I imagine.

Make sense. I guess I will wait a bit then cause the game is $80 here and $106 for the digital deluxe edition and they are already selling characters as DLC and that's not a good sign.

Last edited:

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
So VV is getting a new character Nagisa who is Misaki's older sister and man.. did they accidently put the wrong character in each game? Give Nagisa blue hair and put her in NiCO's outfits and she would have been a great different NiCO

How did 6 end up with a Marie Rose lookalike and VV is getting these other chracters.
Yeah. :/
Nagisa looks a lot better than NICO.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
I could do without both NiCO or Nagisa to be honest.

DuymyKVU0AAghIe

I think she looks cool and would have been a great fit character design wise for the main series

Azuardo

Oct 25, 2017
Game rated in NA.

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/Synopsis.aspx?Certificate=36016&Title=DEAD+OR+ALIVE+6

This is a fighting game in which players engage in one-on-one matches with martial artists from around the world. Players mostly use punches and kicks to drain opponents' life meters in fast-paced matches. Fighters can perform specialized attacks (e.g., magic blasts, exaggerated impact strikes), which are highlighted by slow-motion effects, close-up camera angles, and blood-splatter effects. Cutscenes depict additional acts of violence: robotic characters cut in half with a sword; helicopter machine guns shooting characters on the ground. A handful of costumes depict characters with narrow strips of cloth that barely cover their buttocks and/or pelvic areas. Some female fighters' breasts jiggle while standing or fighting. In some sequences, players have the ability to zoom in on characters' cleavage, posterior, or underwear, and take pictures. The word "sh*t" appears in the dialogue.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
robotic characters cut in half with a sword;

Please let whack ass Raidou just be a unplayable cpu opponent in the story and not someone actually taking up a spot on the roster

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
"A handful of costumes with narrow strips of clothes that barely cover their buttocks or pelvic area." Did they put in these as alternate costumes, lol?

https:///wp-content/uploads/2013/10/dead-or-alive-5-ultimate-halloween-ss-22.jpg

ME3050377843_2.jpg

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
"A handful of costumes with narrow strips of clothes that barely cover their buttocks or pelvic area." Did they put in these as alternate costumes, lol?

https:///wp-content/uploads/2013/10/dead-or-alive-5-ultimate-halloween-ss-22.jpg

ME3050377843_2.jpg

Hopefully.

Fingers crossed DoA6 is doing what SC6 failed at: Making full use of the fact that the game will be reusing assets. Include as many costumes as possible in the game with only the crossover costumes missing really and only select bikinis to not have too many of thosr.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully.

Fingers crossed DoA6 is doing what SC6 failed at: Making full use of the fact that the game will be reusing assets. Include as many costumes as possible in the game with only the crossover costumes missing really and only select bikinis to not have too many of thosr.

Reusing some of the best costumes DOA5, alright, but there's imo really no need to reuse these really trashy and unoriginal ones.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
"The word "shit" appears in the story"
Thinkaboutthechildren.jpg

I guess the cut robot is Hayabusa saving the day once again :p

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Also nvm I glanced over the handful part. Yeah game is going to fail at exactly the same thing SC6 failed at. Shame

I expect the girls and especially popular characters like Kasumi, Ayane, Marie Rose etc to get maybe about 5-6 costumes (excluding color variations) and the men maybe 3-4. That's already a lot of costumes considering the big character roster. They also don't just rip the costumes directly from DOA5, they do in fact polish them. This costume for example I compared directly to the DOA5 one and it did get a boost in polygons and the textures are different as well.

DtQIyxbUcAAzyel.jpg:orig

ryu_highabusa

Banned
Jul 18, 2018
Does no one else take issue with how the sidestep animation looks? DOA6 looks more like a psudeo 2D fighter with a goofy dodge mechanic rather than a proper 3D fighter imo.

Azuardo

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, I thought I had seen other characters sidestep and they didn't look like the way Jann does it, so might be different per character?

Uh, I hope you can still double tap up and down to sidestep tho... Up/Down+S seems a bit odd.

DantesLink

Oct 26, 2017

How did 6 end up with a Marie Rose lookalike and VV is getting these other characters. Shouldn't it be the other way around.

DuymyKVU0AAghIe

I think she looks cool and would have been a great fit character design wise for the main series
Ah man, we were robbed.

Azuardo

Oct 25, 2017
Does no one else take issue with how the sidestep animation looks? DOA6 looks more like a psudeo 2D fighter with a goofy dodge mechanic rather than a proper 3D fighter imo.

Okay, now I'm not so sure... This latest tweet has Eliot's sidestep looking quite weird and similar to Jann's here.

Maybe I'm looking too much into it too lol. idk. Is possible it looks a bit weird because he got struck out of it.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2018
日本
And you also think Christmas ribbons make for a good costume, so...¯\_(ツ)_/¯

In all seriousness, she would be better than NiCO. But, I'd be more excited about something out of the ordinary. They clearly aren't pushing any envelopes with Nagisa...pretty much intentionally.

Last edited:

Kumubou

Oct 25, 2017
So.. we're full on VF5 now?
This looks similar to the sidestep attacks that are in DoA5... just less bad, because at least this attack knocks down and gives positional advantage. Whereas the ones in DoA5 were also throw punishable on block but were minus on normal hit, for whatever godforsaken reason.

Now I'm wondering if you can sidestep out of a held guard, like you can in DoA5. It would be more useful now, at least.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
While they are apparently done with character reveals, please let them reveal a couple more stages, good stages. If they don't this stage lineup is the worst in any DOA, even topping DOA5's bad stage lineup.

Seriously, where have the stages in snow storms gone, in thunder storms, under water, in scorching deserts, stain-glassed cathedrals or burning operas? :(

Last edited:

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
While they are apparently done with character reveals, please them reveal a couple more stages, good stages. If they don't this stage lineup is the worst in any DOA, even topping DOA5's bad stage lineup.

Seriously, where have the stages in snow storms gone, in thunder storms, under water, in scorching deserts, stain-glassed cathedrals or burning operas? :(

Wait they are?

So unless the game has unlockable characters

6 has a smaller roster than 5 with a day 1 dlc character making it equal in size to vanilla doa5 and only the 2nd dlc character putting it ahead of 5

Both new characters kinda suck and Rig and Mila were much cooler additions

A stage selection just as if not more disappointing than 5

Despite asset reuse a most likely disappointingly small costume selection

Shitty break blows

A new engine that i still struggle to see how its supposed to be an improvement

removal of various jiggle physics settings and their weird all over the place stance towards fanservice in this game

Seriously don't even know if I want to pick it up now or wait for the inevitable Ultimate rerelease because there is just so much disappointing stuff about this game

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Wait they are?

So unless the game has unlockable characters

6 has a smaller roster than 5 with a day 1 dlc character making it equal in size to vanilla doa5 and only the 2nd dlc character putting it ahead of 5

Both new characters kinda suck and Rig and Mila were much cooler additions

A stage selection just as if not more disappointing than 5

Despite asset reuse a most likely disappointingly small costume selection

Shitty break blows

A new engine that i still struggle to see how its supposed to be an improvement

removal of various jiggle physics settings and their weird all over the place stance towards fanservice in this game

Seriously don't even know if I want to pick it up now or wait for the inevitable Ultimate rerelease because there is just so much disappointing stuff about this game

Most seem to assume that's indeed all characters. The 24 that were revealed plus Nyotengu (preorder bonus) and Phase 4 (DLC).

As I mentioned, I really hope they are not done with stage reveals. There are a few good ones in the current lineup (shipwreck, the atumnal Japanese village and that mash-up stage of old stages), but overall it would still be the worst stage selection in a DOA ever, by far.

Let's remind ourselves what kinds of stages old DOAs once featured:

I am not as down on the game as you seem to be, but I also have lost most of my initial anticipation. And that is saying a lot when DOA is probably my favorite video game series after Zelda. From what we can tell so far DOA6 just seems so rushed and unimpressive, more like a DOA5.5. This is definitely not the next gen evolution that I had anticipated all this time.

Last edited:

Azuardo

Oct 25, 2017
Let's remind ourselves what kinds of stages old DOAs once featured:
Sliding down the slopes using an opponent as a sled is so cool.

I've had low hype for months with 6. Only thing that's been exciting to me lately is Kasumi's Ninja Gaiden costumes finally getting in. As DLC. How sad is that?

I'm sure I'll be there at launch one way or another, and maybe it will be great. But they haven't been showing much that is getting me really excited for months.

Sounds like we're coming to the end of the road for consoles like PS4 and Xbox One too, so no doubt it won't be long before the same thing happens with 6 as it did 5, and we get a next-gen port with added stuff.

Anyway, the free version should be out within 6 months or so, I reckon, so maybe those unsure about the game should wait it out till then.

DyByHands

Jul 16, 2018
As a hunch, I feel there will be 1 more character, which will Probably be Raidou. His model is in the game already, briefly shown in nico's trailer. Theres a precedence for playable boss characters and for unlockable characters. I could be off though.

And I agree with the stages. We need more and bigger / better stages. But Im not getting my hopes up there. Same with smaller stuff. As of now only seen one costume for most of the males. Only one win pose.

I am still quite hyped for the game. But, I do hope theres still more to be put in and tuned up. Though I do think its easy to compare this with 5U or 5LR and it should be compared with vanilla 5. Which was a lot more bare bones in comparison to its later renditions.

OP
OP
Tyaren

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like we're coming to the end of the road for consoles like PS4 and Xbox One too, so no doubt it won't be long before the same thing happens with 6 as it did 5, and we get a next-gen port with added stuff.

Yeah, I am sure there will be a DOA6Extreme/Ultimate/Last Round for PS5 and the next Xbox. I hope the cycle of DOAs releasing close to a generation's end will stop next gen. It has imo more cons than pros.

As a hunch, I feel there will be 1 more character, which will Probably be Raidou. His model is in the game already, briefly shown in nico's trailer. Theres a precedence for playable boss characters and for unlockable characters. I could be off though.

I can totally see Raidou being a secret unlockable character (but he won't be revealed before that) if he's the final baddie of this game.

Azuardo

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I am sure there will be a DOA6Extreme/Ultimate/Last Round for PS5 and the next Xbox. I hope the cycle of DOAs releasing close to a generation's end will stop next gen. It has imo more cons than pros.
Yeah, it never feels like we're getting a proper next-gen game with how each one gets ported. I can't imagine this is the only release of 6 and then we get a DOA7 in the first couple of years next gen. Much as I kind of wish that would be the case.

Deleted member 13550

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Im really excited to try out Nico.
Also Mariposas costume in the first Twitter-vid post is one of her recolors, dont think we've seen it before