• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Final predictions for Death Stranding?

• 95-99 (Same as MGS2)

Votes: 101 6.4%
  • 90-94 (Same as MGS, MGS3, MGS4, MGSV)

Votes: 487 30.7%
  • 85-89 (Same as MGS: PW)

Votes: 512 32.3%
  • 80-84

Votes: 279 17.6%
  • 75-79

Votes: 135 8.5%
  • <75

Votes: 73 4.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Just saw an early review on YouTube but the guy removed it just now, I guess he realized it wasn't time yet.

It doesn't have a score, he just says the game is beautiful and that it starts really slow. Its mostly walking in the first few hours but it keeps opening up with new gear and other stuff.

He says the gameplay won't be for everyone but that people should try it for good or bad because it's unique and has some really well made things. Its kind of a no spoiler review. There was also a very cool scene with troy Baker during night.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif
I suppose it's really for Kojima Productions but since you contributed to the game (skip to 3:09) :

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Just saw an early review on YouTube but the guy removed it just now, I guess he realized it wasn't time yet.

It doesn't have a score, he just says the game is beautiful and that it starts really slow. Its mostly walking in the first few hours but it keeps opening up with new gear and other stuff.

He says the gameplay won't be for everyone but that people should try it for good or bad because it's unique and has some really well made things. Its kind of a no spoiler review. There was also a very cool scene with troy Baker during night.
Did he call it a masterpiece though?

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
So somehow Geoff knows exactly what the end MC rating will be? I'm not understanding your position here. It's all guess work, it's all fun.

I don't know if Geoff knows or not, but I don't think him giving a prediction will be taken lightly, it will cause so much impact than many would even take it for granted few minutes before the reviews go on. So I don't know he will give any number tbh, to not stir things up that much.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
someone with a lot of spare time and nothing to do should like, make a compilation of all the people who predicted a very low score and those who predicted very high.
I predicted a 91, and if I am wrong I will gladly eat crow. Kojima, take me home

Deleted member 20297

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't know. It ticks a few boxes to make it very likable, for example many of the popular characters and the great presentation, the trailer was also awesome. I just don't know if it's actually fun to play with this gameplay loop.
Going to be low 80s for me.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Putting my prediction out there now so I'm on record

blitzblake

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
I can't remember the last high profile game that had a completely equal chance of going either way;

Masterpiece or masturbation.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017

People should try it is a bit hard if there is no demo. If you end up disliking it you wasted money.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Geoff should make an avatar bet for a 90+ average metacritic score.