• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Chie Satonaka

Oct 25, 2017
Love how mad Kojima makes people here because he hasn't shown off shooting gameplay. Death Stranding is already the game of the generation. Probably the best game ever made.

I mean, to be honest, it's already transcended video games.

It's the most powerful piece of entertainment that we'll ever see in our lifetimes.

In fact, it's probably already transcended "entertainment" as we know it. It's next level.

Equanimity

Oct 27, 2017
London
Never hear of Remedy Entertainment, Sam Lake , Alan Wake, and Quantum Break.

Does he work for Sony and if not , why is kojima showing his ps4 exclusive game to none sony employees?

Remedy are the creators of Max Payne.

Sam Lake is the writer, face model of Max Payne and part owner of Remedy.

Alan Wake and Quantum Break were developed by Remedy exclusively for Xbox consoles.

Control is their new multiplatform game.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
It is my dream of dreams that KojiPro releases the game without a single new trailer. Just cut it off now and let the anxious simmer in their filth. Game looks incredibly intriguing and less is most definitely more in this case.

EDIT: People not knowing Remedy makes me sad. Max Payne! Alan Wake!

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, to be honest, it's already transcended video games.

It's the most powerful piece of entertainment that we'll ever see in our lifetimes.

In fact, it's probably already transcended "entertainment" as we know it. It's next level.
It's basically part of pop culture now. Kojima is more or less the modern day Warhol really.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
If that theory about dying is correct. This game is going to be something else. Specially if we spend most of the game delivering packages XD

benj

Oct 27, 2017
Lotta people on here projecting a very rigid, narrow definition of "pushes boundaries" onto this statement. Why do you assume its about cultural mores? There are...other kinds of boundaries.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I hope that whatever it is, I can go in relatively unspoiled of the twists and turns it will undoubtedly take.

And I hope that for the next ten years we won't see a new weekly thread talking about how overrated or awful Death Stranding is.

Does he work for Sony and if not , why is kojima showing his ps4 exclusive game to none sony employees?

Consolewarz

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
The last time Kojima claimed something like that we got breathes-through-her-skin bikini snipers and rape victims with bombs in their vaginas in MGSV.

And how glorious it was. My third favorite game of the generation after Witcher 3 and Horizon Zero Dawn.

I know there will be more trailers cause reasons, but damn I'd love for him to drop the game without us knowing what the fuck we're getting into. Give it a day of review embargo too, or better yet dont give out review copies. I want us all going through it blind as fuck.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
I want y'all to remember last time Kojima was rushed we had to pay extra for a Ground Zeroes AND a forced, clearly unfinished shit stain of a game/story in MGSV, complete with a BTS documentary highlighting the wasted potential of what could have been.

Have some fucking patience and let the man work, there are plenty of other games to play.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I want y'all to remember last time Kojima was rushed we had to pay extra for a Ground Zeroes AND a forced, clearly unfinished shit stain of a game/story in MGSV, complete with a BTS documentary highlighting the wasted potential of what could have been.

Have some fucking patience and let the man work, there are plenty of other games to play.

Nah... people can't help themselves. Even here on ERA they can't imagine anything outside of the usual. And we haven't seen any shootbang or motorcycle stunt video, so it has no gameplay...

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Feel like Kojima spends more time touring than he does actually making the games people flaunt about
It only feels that way.

It also feels that some people don't appreciate if devs publically showcase that they "have a life" outside of the their development desk.

yeah

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
I saw his visit to Helsinki, Finland being reported in the local media.

Rvr89BB.jpg

He used the tram line, that goes by my apartment. It would have been mind-blowing to bump into him there.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Kojima + Lake, mein Gott in Himmel

luffie

Dec 20, 2017
Indonesia
At this point there is only 2 possible outcomes,
  1. Death Stranding under deliver: proves that Kojima is not up to the hype, he is not yet capable of creating a great game other than MGS.
  2. Death Stranding is ground breaking: Kojima becomes GOAT, and everybody in Sony and Kojima production sips on Konami's tears.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'd argue its neither. Jesus Christ the man cannot demo his game to his peers without having some sort of connotation attached to that move?

I heard he went to the toilet once... such arrogance!

1. Death Stranding under deliver: proves that Kojima is not up to the hype, he is not yet capable of creating a great game other than MGS.
  2. Death Stranding is ground breaking: Kojima becomes GOAT, and everybody in Sony and Kojima production sips on Konami's tears.

Nah, his status is too big not to have very vocal detractors and it's too big not to have fanboys blindly come to his defence. I think this is the only option:

He releases a critically lauded game that leaves the players divided. It'll be seen as a "massive backlash", people will bitch about metacritic scores and share their favourite content creator's hyperbolic critique, and the debate as to whether he's a huckster or genius will continue.

Last edited:

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I really don't know what this game will be like, but I appreciate that whatever it may be, it will be weird, wacky and potentially wonderful. Rarely do we get narratives and themes as out there and as unconventional in the AAA space as what we've thus far seen or heard from Death Stranding, and that makes DS unique already.

Anoxida

Oct 30, 2017

He directed PT so you're already off base bro.

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland

PT and Zone of the Enders exist as well. It's also possible, that it's 70-80% average game, which is enjoyable despite of its flaws, and gains a cult status.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Has to be true if Sami says it. He's no bullshit kind of guy.

OpenShadyFlyingfish.gif

Damn, don't know what to do with this revelation.
Remedy are the creators of Max Payne.

Sam Lake is the writer, face model of Max Payne and part owner of Remedy.

Alan Wake and Quantum Break were developed by Remedy exclusively for Xbox consoles.

Control is their new multiplatform game.
Slight correction, Quantum Break was XboX and Windows from the start. True for Alan Wake though, it got PC port only two years later.

Last edited: