Mediking

Final Fantasy Best Boy (Grip)
You hear that?! Sounds like it's time for a new season for Demon Slayer, baby!!!

OIP.tWKGHCWsR_m37gbsx9zLTAAAAA

The first episode is supposed to be releasing in a few hours! I'm gonna update the OT over time but I had to make this real quick. My computer is actually dying and I can't find the freaking charger... hahaha this is embarrassing. I'm gonna update the OT via my phone. I'll be copy and pasting lol

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
I want to believe that Ufotable gave this short arc a season in order to give them more time for the next arc.

There's not much going on this season, but next season will cover an arc that's almost 60 chapters of nonstop action.

Last edited:

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I really wonder how they're gonna drag this one out

This "arc" is nine chapters of set-up for the last arc. It seems they're gonna add anime original stuff so that they can pretend that it deserves its own season.

Ayumu

May 10, 2024

This "arc" is nine chapters of set-up for the last arc. It seems they're gonna add anime original stuff so that they can pretend that it deserves its own season.

Training arcs are usually very fun in animes, and I want my boys have fun before the final battles 🥲

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, I remember thinking the next season was so far away, but this definitely snuck up on me. Season Three was a bit disappointing to me, but I hope at least the rest of the Hashira have amazing themes.

Funny story, when the anime was still in season one, I looked up one chapter in this training arc for a specific reason. That chapter happened to spoil me on Rengoku, and that's all it took for me to read the manga haha.

KaCo

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
May 22, 2018

wait what, is that true? then I might just wait until the next season. I find this kind of a baffling decision 🤔

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
These 48 minute episodes are a treat

I'm like 93% sure that the Snake and Wind Hashira stuff is anime original.

Jesus, Zenitsu wasted no time showing why he's so hated but this exchange:
"I FEEL LIKE I'M GONNA DIEEEE"
"Oh, please, go right ahead!"
Killed me lmaooo

Kanroji's incoherent explanation about the mark was amazing, Kana Hanazawa is soooo good

JJD

Oct 25, 2017

Jesus, Zenitsu wasted no time showing why he's so hated but this exchange:
"I FEEL LIKE I'M GONNA DIEEEE"
"Oh, please, go right ahead!"
Killed me lmaooo

Kanroji's incoherent explanation about the mark was amazing, Kana Hanazawa is soooo good
Is he really hated? I watched this on a packed cinema a few months ago and people seemed to love when he showed up. Everyone was laughing. My two girls like him as well, but they are probably just too young.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Is he really hated? I watched this on a packed cinema a few months ago and people seemed to love when he showed up. Everyone was laughing. My two girls like him as well, but they are probably just too young.
It's the combo of the constant cowardice and perversion that easily makes him the most annoying of the main gang. His screaming IS fantastic sometimes though, but if it weren't for him being able to put numbers on the board by going to sleep, I'd call him disposable.

Zemoco

Jan 12, 2021
It's actually a good idea to make some anime original stuff as that final arc really was far too abrupt.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
My friend likes him too but I think he's annoying as fuck sometimes

Thunder Breathing is dope tho

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017

Like Sanji, he has some decent traits and fun battles. But their shtick is annoying as fuck to a lot of people.

carlsojo

Shinra Employee
Oct 28, 2017
San Francisco

my daughter thinks he's a riot.

i only like him when he's being normal. i don't mind him generally though.

How old are your daughters? Mine is seven and she's been watching since she was six or so. I'm always amazed by how much this show appeals to kids despite how much violence there is.

Last edited:

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
They are 100% going to break the last arc up, have the bulk of it be a season and then turn the ending into a movie. That or split the whole arc into multiple movies.

Too much money on the table not to

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
At least the wait until the next "proper" season probably won't be too long, I guess.

Definitely felt like that to me as an anime only. Just needed something to show off ufotable's CGI camera work. :D
But man, I'll never get used to the humor. The constant screaming and silly faces are annoying.

Ayumu

May 10, 2024
That number don't surprise me. We are almost half of the spring season, so I expected 5 or 6 episodes at least . Usually short arcs between two important and long arcs were adapted in OVAs, but this works too I guess.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Great long ep. Love seeing the various pieces start to move. They really littered it with loose threads though, eh?

Was the exchange with the Poison Hashira the same in the manga? She really was like the big bad is gonna pull out all the stops to find the sister, so good luck yall I gotta go on a work retreat lol.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
my daughter thinks he's a riot.

i only like him when he's being normal. i don't mind him generally though.

How old are your daughters? Mine is seven and she's been watching since she was six or so. I'm always amazed by how much this show appeals to kids despite how much violence there is.
6 and 8 and they fucking love it! Specially the older one, she is crazy about it and really into anime lol. She is always telling me how many kids, even older ones at her school are into DS and she has made many friends over the anime it's just so sweet. She is really communicative and is always trying to engage other kids so I think one of the reasons she loves Demon Slayer so much is because it turned into something that connects her to other kids.

Yeah, the show is violent. Personally I don't mind it that much because when I was 8 years I was already watching horror movies, my wife doesn't like it so I have tried to show her there is more than just violence.

Rainy

Oct 25, 2017
Episode was fun but since this is a short season light on action I'm guessing it probably won't be the greatest.

When do people think we'll get the final season? A year from now?

Roliq

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 23, 2018
Zenitsu is only onscreen for 1 minute after not being during the previous arc and i wish he would disappear again, straight up just the worst and a total creep

Anyway this episode reminds me of something that always bothers me with Naruto, both series have very early in the story an "Exam" that supposedly have very low number of people who pass it (in Naruto only 1 person did, in KnY only 5 passed)

Yet in both later in the story have a bunch of fodder in large quantities who are so weak that you have to wonder how the hell they passed the exam in the first place

Last edited:

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
It's actually a good idea to make some anime original stuff as that final arc really was far too abrupt.
I found it pretty refreshing
Muzan finds out the thing he's been looking for for centuries has been located, there's no reason he'd wait to rush out for it himself.

Zemoco

Jan 12, 2021
I found it pretty refreshing
Muzan finds out the thing he's been looking for for centuries has been located, there's no reason he'd wait to rush out for it himself.
>Muzan comes out himself
>Greatest nemesis and his family are together with no Hashira or even any type of bodyguard or self defense.
>So easy he could kill the lot of them in seconds
>After he and his ancestors have precariously hidden themselvess for centuries.
>Not immediately getting out of there or at least bringing some fodders, perhaps an Upper Moon
It's just such a massive PIS from the get go, especially with what the series established about that character beforehand.