• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The game already has issues with its loopable content. Pinnacle Weapons (and now Triumphs for Tribute Hall/Solstice of Heroes) have been effectively masking them as of late (granted that's not a bad thing). You don't notice how utterly void D2 strikes are of worthwhile loot vs D1 when you're running strikes for Wendigo progress etc.
I agree, its why I am a proponent of accumulative loot instead of leaving loot behind - otherwise the pool of loot becomes so shallow we are reduced to monotonous grinds just to have something to chase. of course the problems are more obscure and complex than just add more gear.

haradaku7

May 28, 2018
In my opinion the problem with random rolls is the world drops are really lacking, they need quadruple the pool and once you reach light cap they should drop more othen.

With how it stands you will get once zenobia-d every hour or farming with trash rolls and another zenobia-d in the next hour also with trash rolls.

Once you have all world drop exotics, legendaries should be exciting because you want that good rolls but they never come because the best weapons in the game you have to do events for and 80% of world drop loot pools are weapons that nobody is looking for. They need to change the way you receive loot.

Like once you have done 1 cycle of dreaming city the weapon should be added to universal loot pool for example.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
In my opinion the problem with random rolls is the world drops are really lacking, they need quadruple the pool and once you reach light cap they should drop more othen.

With how it stands you will get once zenobia-d every hour or farming with trash rolls and another zenobia-d in the next hour also with trash rolls.

Once you have all world drop exotics, legendaries should be exciting because you want that good rolls but they never come because the best weapons in the game you have to do events for and 80% of world drop loot pools are weapons that nobody is looking for. They need to change the way you receive loot.

Like once you have done 1 cycle of dreaming city the weapon should be added to universal loot pool for example.
Also agreed, loot drops are so banal. How many times can Thorium boots drop in a single session, not just out in the world, but at powerful drops and vendors too. Imagine the soul-crushing feeling of wasted time when you complete 20 bounties and go to Ikorra on to receive the same gloves that dropped from a trash ad in the parking lot.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Why can't I farm the Barons for god-roll baron gear?

Why do I have to wait every what 8 weeks?

Mess.

haradaku7

May 28, 2018
Remember in year 1 when ikora had a unquie armor set, pepperidge farm remembers.

Why did the vanguard become so obselete in year 2 when forsaken's first half was all about them.

I really hope showdow keep brings back the good stuff of year 1, ornaments, vanguard rewards, faction rallies and such. Year 1 was bad but had some good ideas. I really liked strike and crucible ornaments. The 3 tiers of iron banner ornaments where so bad ass too. And dead orbit hunter armor is still my favorite set in d2.

Dynheart

Self-requested ban
Oct 31, 2017
The crucible is just wearing down on me. It's getting to the point to where if you are not one shotting, then you are are putting yourself at a disadvantage. It's marred with shotguns, fusion rifles, Jotuun (yes, this gets its own mention), snipers, power ammo campers for rocket launchers, grenade launchers, machines guns. Not to mention the meta hand cannons combines with the recluse for those damned near insta-kills with master of arms buff. There are others, but too many to mention.

Here I am trying to have a gun fight, and I feel like I'm doing it all wrong. Primary guns in crucible is like bring a popsicle stick to a nuke fight anymore. Hell, why even have a life bar? Oh, did I mention the quick rate that supers regen?

I guess this is supposed to be fun, but it feels like borderline mayhem atm. Strategy seems to be relegated to when to peak or not to peak, as the chance are high that something is gonna take your life from full to zero before you can blink.

It has its moments, but I like having a good old fashion gun fight (obviously there's strategy/moment involved). Finding those are getting few and far between, as its now who can out maneuver by jumping all over the effin place to get that one shot kill off first.

Eh, rant over

Ryouji Gunblade

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
California
The crucible is just wearing down on me. It's getting to the point to where if you are not one shotting, then you are are putting yourself at a disadvantage. It's marred with shotguns, fusion rifles, Jotuun (yes, this gets its own mention), snipers, power ammo campers for rocket launchers, grenade launchers, machines guns. Not to mention the meta hand cannons combines with the recluse for those damned near insta-kills with master of arms buff. There are others, but too many to mention.

Here I am trying to have a gun fight, and I feel like I'm doing it all wrong. Primary guns in crucible is like bring a popsicle stick to a nuke fight anymore. Hell, why even have a life bar? Oh, did I mention the quick rate that supers regen?

I guess this is supposed to be fun, but it feels like borderline mayhem atm. Strategy seems to be relegated to when to peak or not to peak, as the chance are high that something is gonna take your life from full to zero before you can blink.

It has its moments, but I like having a good old fashion gun fight (obviously there's strategy/moment involved). Finding those are getting few and far between, as its now who can out maneuver by jumping all over the effin place to get that one shot kill off first.

Eh, rant over
I take it you preferred the crucible in Y1 D2? It was all about the primaries and only a few supers.

Dynheart

Self-requested ban
Oct 31, 2017
I take it you preferred the crucible in Y1 D2? It was all about the primaries and only a few supers.

Not at all. I didn't like damned near 2 second ttk. However, we gotten ttk down to what, .8 as an average? It's still to slow obviously, as the pvp community use nothing but 1 shot weapons. I do not blame them, as the weapons are a plenty, and are there for the taking. I'm just staying I feel we can having our ttk where it's at now, with our primary's without the over saturation of one shot weapons.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

Eh, rant over
There really should be a middle ground.

Shotgun range is absurd, roaming supers need to have their health drastically reduced, a bottom tree striker should not be able to kill me three times with the same super. That's absurd.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Juju catalyst got. I would like to thank my father Toland the Shattered, me mum Ikora Rey and my daddy Lord Shaxx.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
There really should be a middle ground.

Shotgun range is absurd, roaming supers need to have their health drastically reduced, a bottom tree striker should not be able to kill me three times with the same super. That's absurd.

Its amazing how there was so much outrage against Nova Warp and Spectral blades on r/DTG, but bottom Striker continues to fly under the radar. Imagine telling someone who only played D1 that his panic smash will be a roaming super one day, and it'll last 3 times longer than Bladedancer.

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Made just for you. (and anyone else who didn't know about this method)
Thanks! Makes more sense now, I kept getting very close but never quite managed to get the character to climb the last little bit needed.

I don't know if this video has that specific method, but I used this video to get the eggs and bones and it made the jumping section a lot easier.

Cheers, going to have to see what this eggs & bones stuff is about, almost levelled up and ready to find a few things to occupy some time.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Its amazing how there was so much outrage against Nova Warp and Spectral blades on r/DTG, but bottom Striker continues to fly under the radar. Imagine telling someone who only played D1 that his panic smash will be a roaming super one day, and it'll last 3 times longer than Bladedancer.
It wouldn't be so offensive if roaming supers (striker, void dancer, hammer Bois) weren't so hard to kill, straight up invincible.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Warpers are squishy as fuck. If you're having trouble killing one, you must reevaluate yourself. Spectral is just as balanced at this point as well.

It's literally just bottom Striker that needs to be tuned.

One-Eyed still needs to get kicked to the curb as well.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Never seen a void dancer voop voop voop towards you as you unload clip after clip in futility?

You outrun 'em if you're on your own. You shoot them down and put their body parts on a spike across every corner of the map if you see the rest of your team puffin' up their chests ready to beat Mr. Shank in the street as a gang.

A sTriKeR you just try to run and fail miserably because they button mashed your face in as they breathe through their mouths.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Dude went for a blind run and also doing Riven legit lol. Sick. Took me almost 5 hours to complete my first Last Wish and that was with watching a guide beforehand.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017

The problem with world drops is just that they haven't been updated in a year. The last thing you want is the world drop pool being huge making it harder to get what you actually want.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Thanks! Makes more sense now, I kept getting very close but never quite managed to get the character to climb the last little bit needed.
Hmm. On a hunter, you want to use Triple Jump. On Warlock it doesn't matter. On Titan, i think any jump works.

Your goal is to jump from one of the central platforms to the lamps hanging on the side of the gazebos, then climbing up from there. Those central platforms (which you see me jump from) are the only way to get on top of the lamps. That's probably the only hard part. Just keep this in mind for the next Cursed week.

azfaru

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
I'm enjoying this new wave of streamers and content creators trying out D2. Marco was an avid Division 2 guy whom I followed. Kinda cool he transitioned to D2

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why is Crucible just filled with asshole Twitch streamers. Anytime I'm on a team that just gets steamrolled I google the top players name and it's some asshole on Twitch. Can I pay a fee to not be paired with these fucking wastes of air?

You seem to have some personal issues that need to be taken care of. Why would you care if someone streams or not? Secondly, how do know they are an asshole? Do you do a full psych analysis or something?

Eh, rant over

That's not true - you're just in a dump and need to take a break. These days my primary load out is Service Revolver and Recluse. Tons of gun fights to be had. You just have to pick your engagements.

Oct 28, 2017
You seem to have some personal issues that need to be taken care of. Why would you care if someone streams or not? Secondly, how do know they are an asshole? Do you do a full psych analysis or something?

There's some extremely obnoxious loadouts right now and it can become frustrating playing against them. They're obviously wound up about that kind of stuff. People who just slide and shotgun all day, do nothing but go for trickshot sniper kills, etc.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
Been trying to grind for the curated Hammerhead. Do curated rolls only drop from the powerful frames?
Pretty sure only from Bergusia also.

Eh, rant over
You aren't wrong. I also like a good, old fashioned gun fight but they are very hard to come by right now. My last game of the night yesterday the top two players on the other team were both running Spectral Blades. One was maining Chaperone (which can be downright gross with Flawless Execution) and the other Recluse. Meanwhile I'm messing around with Wish Ender since I had just gotten it paired with Waking Vigil and that didn't go very well.

I don't want the .ttk to be raised either. I like the primary gunplay we have now. But it would be nice if there weren't so many instant ways to die which would lead to more opportunities for counter play.

Oct 28, 2017
I was thinking with all the energy kills madness going on right now in PVP, if we had the ability to choose our shield type (arc, solar, void), would it improve? Your shield wouldn't get decimated by any element apart from that which matches, just like PVE with you on enemies. No pop though, because you'd see so many group wipes.

Would probably be hated and disastrous. Might be a laugh though.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's some extremely obnoxious loadouts right now and it can become frustrating playing against them. They're obviously wound up about that kind of stuff. People who just slide and shotgun all day, do nothing but go for trickshot sniper kills, etc.

Shotgun apes can be predicted and why would anyone care if someone is going for trickshots??? I don't understand this complaint at all.

Just do you.

What I think happens is that Destiny combines PVE and PVP players. And when someone that never played a shooter "competitively" enters the crucible, they just have a bunch of problems and start complaining. I've been playing shooters for many years and nothing in the crucible is that egregious to me.

These days, people would have an aneurysm over MW2 haha. Sucks how much the landscape has changed, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.