• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
As much as I enjoyed playing D1 on PS4 and getting the exclusive/early content, and would like to play on my Ps4Pro and gigantic new 4k HDR TV, I am spoiled by PC now. Besides, I have a 27" 1440 monitor, it still looks great. And max framerate :D

Mindlog

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else torn between getting the DLC on PS4 for exclusives and PC for that sweet FOV, FPS, and KBM?
Heh. Had I not already been grinded to hell and back on console I would have switched. Easily switched.

The crappiest part about the exclusive strike is that it won't enter the Nightfall pool. We need more Nightfall combos.

OP
OP
JohnOfMars

JohnOfMars

Fighting Lion
Oct 25, 2017
Mars
Destiny Reset Era (DRE) Survey Results, part 2: Demographics!

Part 1: Destiny Results is located here.

This is based on a survey posted for 1 week in our Discord. We got 126 responses out of about an estimated 200-300 active members.

Question 1: What is your gender?

• Male: 91%
  • Female: 6%
  • Non-binary/Genderfluid: 3%
Questions 2-4: Age, Education and Employment
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Question 5: What is your first language?

English: 80%

Other languages (sorted by frequency): Spanish, French, Finnish, Portuguese, Dutch, Malay, Italian, Estonian, Chinese, Arabic, Filipino, Cantonese, German, Russian, Armenian, Polish

Question 6: Where do you live?
unknown.png

Just over half of our community lives in the US. Beyond that, our top 3 countries of residence are the UK, Canada and a tie between: Australia, Germany, New Zealand, Scotland, Finland and France.

And again, Part 1: Destiny Results is located here.

So that's it! Our first community survey. I'd like to have one of these every month or two, focused half on the game and half on getting to know our community better (things like favorite foods, or tv shows, pet preferences, etc.). We also will be having another server war coming up. Next time, who knows? Maybe pledge to your favorite Guardian class and rep them in the server all week.

If you're not in the Discord, you are more than welcome. Just DM me or another mod.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
As much as I enjoyed playing D1 on PS4 and getting the exclusive/early content, and would like to play on my Ps4Pro and gigantic new 4k HDR TV, I am spoiled by PC now. Besides, I have a 27" 1440 monitor, it still looks great. And max framerate :D

You can play the PC version on that 4K TV with HDR right now. This is what I've been doing for the last month or so with an Xbox Elite controller. The game plays and looks incredible.

GutZ31

Oct 25, 2017
Destiny Reset Era (DRE) Survey Results, part 2: Demographics!

Part 1: Destiny Results is located here.

This is based on a survey posted for 1 week in our Discord. We got 126 responses out of about an estimated 200-300 active members.

Question 1: What is your gender?

• Male: 91%
  • Female: 6%
  • Non-binary/Genderfluid: 3%
unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Question 5: What is your primary language?

English: 80%

Other languages (sorted by frequency): Spanish, French, Finnish, Portuguese, Dutch, Malay, Italian, Estonian, Chinese, Arabic, Filipino, Cantonese, German, Russian, Armenian, Polish

Question 6: Where do you live?
unknown.png

Just over half of our community lives in the US. Beyond that, our top 3 countries of residence are the UK, Canada and a tie between: Australia, Germany, New Zealand, Scotland, Finland and France.

And again, Part 1: Destiny Results is located here.

So that's it! Our first community survey. I'd like to have one of these every month or two, focused half on the game and half on getting to know our community better (things like favorite foods, or tv shows, pet preferences, etc.). We also will be having another server war coming up. Next time, who knows? Maybe pledge to your favorite Guardian class and rep them in the server all week.

If you're not in the Discord, you are more than welcome. Just DM me or another mod.

Cheers!
We got some mighty well educated DRE members here.
Good thing at least one of us has stayed at a Holiday Inn.

jotun?

Oct 28, 2017
I've read in at least a couple of places that each Nightfall run is supposed to give at least one piece of gear at the end that's above your base drop rate. But that doesn't seem to be happening for me. It's all 292. Am I missing or misunderstanding something?

OP
OP
JohnOfMars

JohnOfMars

Fighting Lion
Oct 25, 2017
Mars
I've read in at least a couple of places that each Nightfall run is supposed to give at least one piece of gear at the end that's above your base drop rate. But that doesn't seem to be happening for me. It's all 292. Am I missing or misunderstanding something?

Completing a Nightfall completes the "Nightfall Milestone" which has a "Powerful Engram" as a reward. The drops at the end of the strike are random. To collect your Powerful Engram head to Zavala in the Tower. Powerful Engrams aren't guaranteed to be higher, but are guaranteed to be at least your base light level (i.e. your light level without the +5 power mods).

GutZ31

Oct 25, 2017
Im not sure where you got that info, but I believe you may have been misinformed.
The nightfall chest at the end has no such guarantee, and it's after you talk to Zavala for the basically guarantee higher light gear roll.

This means only powerful engrams, and illuminated engrams, along with most exotics are tasked to be higher light.

If these are not giving you higher light gear, you messed up big time by making 2 or 3 of the same class.

Having 2 or more of 1 class ruins the rewards system to put it simply.

Jinbe

Oct 27, 2017
I am looking for one person that would like to join my buddy and I in doing the nightfall later tonight. We are playing on PC. Send me a PM if you are interested.

Bests,
Jinbe

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
You can play the PC version on that 4K TV with HDR right now. This is what I've been doing for the last month or so with an Xbox Elite controller. The game plays and looks incredible.

I don't have a streaming option good enough (I think I have an old Steambox in the closet), and I don't feel like running the cables or relocating my tower. But maybe, one day.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
3250 is just unfairly expensive. It's ridiculous. You can't keep anything if you want that even with regular play.

Oct 25, 2017
You know, I really thought the nightstalker hunter would be up my ally but I hate ittt. The super feels so gimmicky and the melee abilities feel kind of awful to use, like they're good but they dont feel powerful.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
idk I think it's fine. I haven't been dismantling stuff until now and got up to 1.5k basically. Seems fair.

Of all of the game's issues, I don't find the Eververse unfair at all.

I have been playing through all of my well rested and beyond almost every week (some weeks I spent on my PC character), and getting awful drops almost every time, and thus having to buy all of the expensive skins and armor (still have a bunch I never got and I only have the Titan armor and a few other pieces), I barely had enough to buy an emote. It's the only emote I've bought.

2500 would be infinitely more fair.

Oct 26, 2017
A strike, crucible map, and "weapons" per some GameSpot article.

Not sure it's been clearly stated yet.

Oh damn it, haven't seen this article. I didn't realize they were making another strike exclusive in even the DLCs, ugh. Is this one of the two that have campaign versions or a third one? Would be really shitty if you play a version of them in the campaign and then one as the full strike version was exclusive.

Now I know what my brother felt like when he was on Xbox and I was on PS4 for D1, I've decided to stay on PC for D2.

I feel like strikes really shouldn't be exclusive, it's one thing for a Crucible map or even now if they did an exclusive Adventure or something. Despite rewards not being good, the strikes in D2 are some of the best Bungie has ever made (The Invisible Fallen one tho, it would be good if that first area was used more and the boss didn't teleport away a million times). I also really enjoyed the Taken exclusive strike for D2 when I played it on PS4, it's short and sweet. I wouldn't complain as much about this if the exclusives weren't locked away for an entire year, it should really be 1-3 months at MAX.

Last edited:

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Man are public events seriously the only way to grind XP? Getting a level without well rested takes like two hours of heroic public events.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I don't have a streaming option good enough (I think I have an old Steambox in the closet), and I don't feel like running the cables or relocating my tower. But maybe, one day.
Steam link is a fucking god send for PC gaming on a comfy couch in the lounge. Just grabbing my Steam controller and being able to get the same fidelity as my PC is absolutely necessary now for me, hell it's how I only play some games now.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Steam link is a fucking god send for PC gaming on a comfy couch in the lounge. Just grabbing my Steam controller and being able to get the same fidelity as my PC is absolutely necessary now for me, hell it's how I only play some games now.

Unless they released a new model, pretty sure it only streams 1080p. And Link, yes. Forgot the name.

I used the Link to play Stardew Valley from the comfort of my couch. Also Civ 5.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Only two more sleeps till new content :D
This is actually the first time I have done all content available in Destiny before a new DLC comes out.
It being on PC now and thereby making it super easy to just jump in, find people and play definitely helps a lot.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Unless they released a new model, pretty sure it only streams 1080p. And Link, yes. Forgot the name.

I used the Link to play Stardew Valley from the comfort of my couch. Also Civ 5.
Ah yes you are right, forgot it being only 1080p60fps. I guess if you had the spare cash you could just build a pretty small form factor media box that's essentially empty bar enough space on a HDD to run steam and the OS. They really need to add 4k to it...
Oh damn it, haven't seen this article. I didn't realize they were making another strike exclusive in even the DLCs, ugh. Is this one of the two that have campaign versions or a third one? Would be really shitty if you play a version of them in the campaign and then one as the full strike version was exclusive.

Now I know what my brother felt like when he was on Xbox and I was on PS4 for D1, I've decided to stay on PC for D2.

I feel like strikes really shouldn't be exclusive, it's one thing for a Crucible map or even now if they did an exclusive Adventure or something. Despite rewards not being good, the strikes in D2 are some of the best Bungie has ever made (The Invisible Fallen one tho, it would be good if that first area was used more and the boss didn't teleport away a million times). I also really enjoyed the Taken exclusive strike for D2 when I played it on PS4, it's short and sweet. I wouldn't complain as much about this if the exclusives weren't locked away for an entire year, it should really be 1-3 months at MAX.
It's absolutely scummy that Bungie still get away with those and so to Sony. Locking actual content away in a loot box is bad, but this should be seen to be just as bad. It's an entire piece of content to play and experience, only on one console because they paid enough money for it despite everyone getting everything else.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
I love how the pre-load starts one hour before reset happens. Tuesday is gonna be a cluster fuck.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I haven't read anything about a strike and weapons being exclusive. I only saw the PvP map in the Arcology being exclusive.
Where does it say more?

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Near the start of each year, because I always carry over so much vacation time, I randomly schedule three days off to surprise myself later. Tuesday happens to be one of them.

KDR_11k

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
So what exactly does the power level do? I can't tell a difference in gameplay, is it just a gating mechanism where if your number is too low you get a penalty and if it's higher nothing happens or what?