• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
As a squishy Hunter, I could not disagree more :)

As a side note, when do we typically learn what buffs/de-buffs are coming? Before release, with patch notes or discovered later on?
Ha, Titan was actually my main but that changed once my Hunter got the exotics it needed, Hunter is just much more useful.

Titans have some utilitly above that, but I love (double) pulse grenades. They are a bit broken though - I wonder how many stacks on the dogs you'd need to just be able to throw those two grenades and do nothing else? Not much more than 36 I wouldn't think.

EDIT: Boo, posted after the new OT is up. :'(
It's a bit broken indeed but there isn't much else going for Titans, as noted above, their exotics are really lacking in PVE, the chestpiece with heal is fine at best and I can't think of anything else.

Anyways, onto the new OT!

Deleted member 279

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People still raiding? I got to about 275 LL at launch and got caught up with other stuff. Anyone have room for a noob to check out the raid for the first time this weekend? I'm willing to brush up on strategies if necessary.

(PS4)

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much, yep.
I think Bungie tried to justify it by saying that people would be able to go and do specific activities to 'grind' for their favourite shaders but I don't think anyone was convinced.
I kind of see it as a necessary evil that comes as a consequence for being able to put different shaders on specific armour pieces/weapons.

It's not even remotely a necessary evil. You could easily just remove the number by each shader and make it not disappear from your inventory when applied. They could even still implement that now but they won't

Oct 25, 2017
Here's a shader idea: instead of having 5 of one shader, why not let every shader have a set amount of uses (same value as what the shaders drop at now) then you can buy more uses for any type of shader with bright dust, or have the option to trade in shaders for one of those extra use resources.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Normally I do raid carries, but tonight I helped an old friend go flawless for the first time. I initially asked some PvP players I know to help him. The catch was a that they'd do it without me because I preferred someone better than me to fill my spot and to ensure a quick flawless run. Anyway, to make a long story short, I ended up getting dragged along too. But things were smooth. Typical card and basically no fuss. Fairly standard, easy flawless. My friend had never been flawless in Destiny 1, so this was a real treat for him.

Also, until today, I was the only one in my clan who had completed a Prestige raid. I managed to get our clan leader/ founder online and help him finally beat it. I'm fortunate enough to know a lot of no life players like myself and streamers who know this raid inside and out. Needless to say, you finished everything without any issues.

AINTneauxACID

Oct 27, 2017
Hi, I'm new here and need some help. I just purchased Destiny 2 and can not play the game. The eula agreement won't even pop up. It says can't connect to server try again. There is no error code. It can't be connection issues. Everything else works.

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

gspec

Oct 25, 2017
Reminder: The ritual reset on tuesday will be changed from
1 am to 9 am pst
4 am to 12 pm est
3 am to 11 am cst

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
If I have the expansion pass do I just need to have my PS4 placed into rest mode and it will download?

Or do I need to trigger the download online?

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
the pre load for ps4 and PC is live as of now, unsure about xbox

psynergyadept

Shinra Employee
Oct 26, 2017
we all playing? OT seems to be moving slow despite the new DLC coming out.

EDITL nvm, didn't see new OT

123rl

Oct 28, 2017
Playing it on the Xbox One X now. For some reason I forgot the 4k update was today. I immediately noticed the improvement on the Guardian screen. It's night and day. It looks so much better now!

123rl

Oct 28, 2017
Tbh I haven't noticed an improvement from hdr yet. It looks great but, as it's new content, I don't have anything to compare it against. The resolution boost is so obvious though. Menus, text, texture detail, aliasing - it's all so much clearer and sharper

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
So what's the deal with the supposed "dynamic 4K" update for Pro users? I thought Destiny 2 already ran at higher than 1080p for Pro users. And it definitely showed. The game already looked great. Does the new update improve things even further?

Miggytronz

Oct 26, 2017
Virginia Beach, VA
So what's the deal with the supposed "dynamic 4K" update for Pro users? I thought Destiny 2 already ran at higher than 1080p for Pro users. And it definitely showed. The game already looked great. Does the new update improve things even further?

It's a different type of 4K processing than before. To be honest I thought the previous 4K processing was fine. Just give us HDR.

In case you were wondering about the power differences between the PlayStation 4 Pro and Xbox One X, Destiny 2 will be a good example. On an Xbox One X, the game will run at 4K, full stop. On a PS4 Pro, the game will run in "adaptive 4K resolution," which basically means "up to 4K resolution" — the console dynamically scales the game's resolution up and down depending on how busy things are, with an eye on maintaining frame rate. (Destiny 2 is locked at 30 fps on both consoles, even if you're playing on the PS4 Pro or Xbox One X.)

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
Did they make any performance improvements with the patch on PC?

What in the fuck. I infused a new level 21 item into my helm and now I can't equip it. My power level went down to 265. Maybe put something in place so people can't do that? I'm glad I had more helms in the bank.

You know all the noobs are playing when you can't even activate heroic on a mining drill event.

Last edited:

123rl

Oct 28, 2017
Did they make any performance improvements with the patch on PC?

What in the fuck. I infused a new level 21 item into my helm and now I can't equip it. My power level went down to 265. Maybe put something in place so people can't do that? I'm glad I had more helms in the bank.

You know all the noobs are playing when you can't even activate heroic on a mining drill event.
I did the same thing but it really didn't matter. You can hit 21 in about 10 minutes of gameplay, and the first missions are so easy that your power level won't even matter

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
This microwave looks like it'll make a cup of ramen in 2 seconds flat.

y1q6lYE.jpg

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
With the latest Balance Patch and this DLC, is there a new list of "Best" Legendary Weapons?

Any new Legendary Weapons I should keep an eye out for?

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Last edited:

Josecitox

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina
So i managed to do this hours before it stopped being relevant and challenging, the Legend of Acrius quest strike solo and flawless.

Hopefully the raid lair has something soloable and challenging.

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Just bought the game and I'm probably going to play exclusively solo.

Do people have any recommendations for the best solo class post balance patch? What should I choose and how should I build my character if I really want to be as powerful and survivable as possible?

Thanks in advance to all of the gurus here.

Josecitox

Oct 25, 2017
Argentina

Do people have any recommendations for the best solo class post balance patch? What should I choose and how should I build my character if I really want to be as powerful and survivable as possible?

Warlock or Titan, in that order.

If you are going to actually play solo for a lot of time, go with Warlock, but you´ll eventually create both characters.

17 Seconds

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

still titan after all these years

Olengie

Oct 25, 2017

If you are going to actually play solo for a lot of time, go with Warlock, but you´ll eventually create both characters.

I got bored playing Warlock and I eventually made a Hunter and Titan to supplement everything. When I'm not playing the Warlock, I prefer to stick with the Hunter.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did yall notice Heroic events don't give as much Xp now. (9000 xp vs 6000 now.)
Or that new characters only need 80,000 xp for new bright engrams and after some arbitrary amount of level up you require 160,000 instead.

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Thanks, I feel like I've heard "Devour Warlock" mentioned in the past whenever soloing comes up, but I wasn't sure if that was still the ideal class post-balance patch.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
^^ devour wasn't touched (tooltips aside) in the patch. If you can get the Karmstein Armlets I'd imagine you'd be unstoppable as you go through content.

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
The Gunsmith gave me a Frontier Justice Scout rifle last night. I really like it. It is definitely my favorite non-exotic scout rifle that I have yet tried. Hakke with high impact and range and the Zen Moment perk so in that respect it reminds me of a harder hitting, better sounding (and looking) Vision of Confluence from D1.

TyrantII

Oct 25, 2017
Boston
Did yall notice Heroic events don't give as much Xp now. (9000 xp vs 6000 now.)
Or that new characters only need 80,000 xp for new bright engrams and after some arbitrary amount of level up you require 160,000 instead.

That's the same. Sometimes you keep enemy kills stringing and then the heroic complete is added on top. Easy to see see +12,000 XP sometimes.

The jump was there sub 20. That's how it worked before, ranks were easier quicker pre-20 for the story content and completing the story catapults you to 20.

TyrantII

Oct 25, 2017
Boston
Since the other thread is a shit show

What's the new soft caps? What's the optimal LL to pull the luminous challenge engrams?

Legjend

Oct 25, 2017
So my clan on PC completely died out. I noticed when the weekly contribution to XP was only me. Is there an ERA clan that's open for me and my two brothers?

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
SkillUp did his Curse of Osiris review: (it contains spoilers, of course)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEEUJ4hSwwI

Sad to say pretty much everything he said is what I feel towards the game. I've got nearly 2,500 hours in Destiny 1 and nearly 400 hours in Destiny 2 so far, and I'm struggling to get excited over anything anymore. I'll still sign in each week to get my 9 bright engrams, but that's about it. I don't know how long it'll take Bungie to sort out their troubles, but I hope it eventually happens.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
If anyone is getting a group together on PS4 for the new Raid Lair lemme know! I'm eating real quick but then I'll be on...

Psn: sQuadon. PL 315 Titan

matmanx1

Nov 20, 2017
I went and did my weekly milestone Crucible matches today and it was Prometheus Lens everywhere. Hilarious of Bungie to sell it to everyone via Xur this weekend and I can see why people have been complaining about it. It kills so quickly in the Crucible that there is very little reason to use anything else until they patch it on the 12th.