Status
Not open for further replies.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
Just because we can't have nice things, apparently. The new "no more expansion sunsetting" thread is already full of the usual awful takes.

Walking back something shitty that should have never happened does not deserve praise. They seem to now be able to magically able to upgrade the engine and allow the game size to grow without it mattering like it supposedly did. We likely won't get the sunset content back either.

Skimmed through the livestream. Yep, that looks like a Destiny expansion alright. There are some cool looking things for sure but Calus being the enemy and the fact we're fighting purple cabal is just a huge disappointment. Oh and there's a secret civilization and race that nobody knew about! This isn't very believable and doesn't seem like a fitting path towards the end of the this "saga."

The biggest failure is them saying they're sticking with this game and engine. I don't see how the hell this lasts.

Season 18 and the arc rework looked great though.

Feb 16, 2022
Walking back something shitty that should have never happened does not deserve praise. They seem to now be able to magically able to upgrade the engine and allow the game size to grow without it mattering like it supposedly did.
"Magically". Sure. I bet those devs were just sitting on their bottoms, huh.

Some of y'all are unbelievable.

Disker

Sep 17, 2020
Also did they bunp of the price for the ornament for 2k now? Or was that always the case? Now it's on "discount ".

Will just buy it through the season with dust again lol.

Oct 29, 2017
Walking back something shitty that should have never happened does not deserve praise. They seem to now be able to magically able to upgrade the engine and allow the game size to grow without it mattering like it supposedly did. We likely won't get the sunset content back either.

Could be they've gotten additional resources and funding from the Sony acquisition that will help keep Destiny 2 expanding without the need for sunsetting. We just don't know how that backend stuff works, tbh. Regardless it's good news.

Weegian

Oct 27, 2017
OK, so my first drop of the season was a sidearm with killing wind, surrounded, and right hook, and I think I'm in love.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
"Magically". Sure. I bet those devs were just sitting on their bottoms, huh.

Some of y'all are unbelievable.

You're missing the point here. They likely haven't found a way to make the supposed problem go away. They are only walking it back because hey who would have thought, people don't like it when you remove content they paid for. That's also not something that would attract a new person to the game, especially when they're charging more for the game now than they ever have. The game file size will continue to grow and the engine will continue to perform worse. It already does now. It just magically doesn't matter any more.

This is similar to adding loadouts and LFG to the game nearly 7 years after launch. They deserve no praise for doing it, but sure it's a good thing for the game to have.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
What activities quests things should I be doing to maximize my level upgrading what should I be doing right now

Oct 27, 2017
For the Antiquarian I seasonal challenge it says to return the first relic to the H.E.L.M., where do I get this relic?

Edit: Nevermind.

Last edited:

Perfect Chaos

Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA, USA
Got the Thunderlord Catalyst (apologies for HDR blown out screencap):
unknown.png

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017

Drifter looked like he was about to join you, and this is why I love Destiny. LOL

I am part of the problem because did I preorder Lightfall and cancel all of my plans for the next 6 months as far as buying games go? Yup.

Am I getting that Fortnite armor set now instead of waiting and using my Bright Dust? Yup.

Did I equip my Piratical Ambitions emblem and plan on rocking it throughout the entire season? Yup.

Am I pouring MORE of my money into Bungie for Destiny? Yup.

Kyuuji said it best: I'm glad THIS is the game I decided to pour life into.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I know it would be a copyright nightmare and is why it doesn't happen, but I'd buy this emote so goddamn fast (or when it's on rotation, haven't checked eververse) if it played Caramelldansen in-game.
For sure, would be cool if they had musical emotes. (As long as people could disable the music if they wanted.)

Zocano

Oct 26, 2017
Stay as long as possible in the Ketch activity when you finish. I've literally had my loot "drop" the very final second of the rewards screen.

Feb 16, 2022
Thank whoever made the second thread on the front page. It managed to cordon the trolls in one place, at least. Leaving the other thread relatively troll-free.

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
Strand seems really cool, way better than just a typical Poison element.

It also seems like Strand ties heavily into Hive magic... Wonder who will teach us it?

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Quick Q: the activities for seasons 16-18 are still in the game but to access them as someone just coming back for season 19 is to buy the Witch Queen Deluxe?

I imagine that's probably not worth doing if so as I have no idea how long I will stick around for.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
if i grab the 30th anniversary pack on epic, do gjally quest and grasp dungeon on there (catalyst, ornament, etc), i can just go back to my primary steam account and use the weapon fine right? i probably would lose access to the dungeon on steam though -- which wouldn't really be a problem if I already did all the unlocking on the epic side.

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
if i grab the 30th anniversary pack on epic, do gjally quest and grasp dungeon on there (catalyst, ornament, etc), i can just go back to my primary steam account and use the weapon fine right? i probably would lose access to the dungeon on steam though -- which wouldn't really be a problem if I already did all the unlocking on the epic side.
I'm wondering the same thing.

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
I've had a few hours with Arc 3.0 now, and unless there's something big I'm missing, pretty much all my fears regarding Warlocks were spot on. I'm sure I'll get the "It's only been a few hours!" responses, but some things don't take long to spot.

There's practically nothing new in their kit, save the new lighting ball melee, and even that is just... eh, and won't be very useful in higher level content. Things like Chaos Reach, which really needed some updating to make it viable without Geomags, have been completely ignored too apparently. Exotics like Getaway Artists have also even taken nerfs, as it's refund isn't as high as it used to be and it usefulness has basically been made null thanks to amplification in general.

And to add a turd on the disappointment Sundae, Warlocks even got screwed on the seasonal exotic armors. Both Hunters and Titans got a great new piece, ESPECIALLY the Hunter (Bonus damage out of invis AND a overshield that can be reserved and given to allies? Did Bungie just decide to finally stop pretending they don't favor Hunters?). So what did Warlocks get? A head piece that gives better Ionic Traces.... that's it. I can't even šŸ˜
Like, I can't even put into words how underwhelming and unbalanced the difference is this season between everything Hunters/Titans have gotten, and what Warlocks got. I can't see how anyone could say with a straight face that all classes got a balanced amount of things... because that just ain't the case here.

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm wondering the same thing.
For sure you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.