Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Yay, my title won :D Great OT as always

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Beautiful OT as always Kyuuji

I had more fun this last week than I did the entire Season of the Deep. The rest of this season could jump off the spire (get it?) and I'd still enjoy it more.

Hopefully Loadouts get fixed today because it's been crap trying to remember my loadouts and stuff for different classes. Also, Mothwraps are fun as hell.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful OT as always Kyuuji

I had more fun this last week than I did the entire Season of the Deep. The rest of this season could jump off the spire (get it?) and I'd still enjoy it more.

Hopefully Loadouts get fixed today because it's been crap trying to remember my loadouts and stuff for different classes. Also, Mothwraps are fun as hell.
I think they said there's a partial fix for loadouts coming today. Only caveat is they won't pull from your vault for now iirc?

Instant Vintage

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I think they said there's a partial fix for loadouts coming today. Only caveat is they won't pull from your vault for now iirc?

I'll take it! LOL

Also, I didn't get a chance to comment, but I saw that Bungie gave you a name change and I'm glad that something was done, even if it wasn't exactly what you needed. Hopefully they allow these type of changes (both names AND characters) in the future, free or paid. At least those that need the change can have the option of doing so.

joefro

ā–² Legend ā–²
Jun 5, 2018
Louisiana
awesome ot, as always!

i've been enjoying this season a bunch so far. excited to try the new crota soon

Boclfon479

Oct 25, 2017
im excited to get a craftable dead messenger, but i also remember the mission being tight time-wise, so i guess i will see how it goes :/

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
www.pcgamer.com

Joe Blackburn on Destiny 2 conspiracy theories, what happened to the PvP team, and The Witness being able to 1v1 anyone in the universe

We spoke to the game director about everything revealed in The Final Shape showcase and plenty more.

This article was just posted in the last hour. It's a long read with a lot of good info, but here are a few bits I appreciated:

On why we're getting new light class supers but none for dark classes:
As for why the Light subclasses got new Supers when the Darkness subclasses (Stasis and Strand) still only have one each, Blackburn says the rationale is largely thematic. "You are literally inside The Traveler, and The Traveler needs your help. How is the Traveler going to help you?"

On Strand originally being designed for TWQ:
With that mention of Strand, the introduction of which felt shoe-horned uncomfortably into Lightfall's narrative (our character literally finds it in a street), I can't resist putting one of my favourite Destiny 2 conspiracy theories to Blackburn. There's been an idea in the community for a while that Strand was actually supposed to launch as part of The Witch Queen. It makes sense because that expansion is full of references to threads, seeing into the beyond, and, uh, also features the colour green predominantly.

Here's Blackburn with a big bucket of cold water: "You're going to get a big scoop here," he says. "Strand was never designed for Witch Queen. For one thing, it just takes us longer than a year cycle to make a whole new damage typeā€¦ Even the green correlation is really funny to us because Strand didn't start out from someone writing 'Green Power' on the white board." Instead, he says that in the same way that Stasis thematically fit the blasted tundra of Beyond Light, so Strand suited the neon synthwave-iness of Lightfall. "Strand was all Lightfall, all the time," reiterates Blackburn, "and I'm sure that some people will never believe me unless they can go and see the flag fluttering on the moon."

On PVP:
I don't blame PvP mains, who must feel like the FPS equivalent of Stockholm Syndrome sufferers, for still being sceptical. After all, Destiny 2 once went 950 days without a new map. (In his Twitter video Blackburn announced that a free map pack will be released in 2024, at which point I'm pretty sure I heard a choral swell in the background.) What's really interesting is the promise that Bungie is finally going to prioritise the needs of people who actually play PvP, rather than trying to drag the entire playerbase into the Crucible.

"We don't want to say: 'Hey, we're going to try to make every single person happy'. There are really divisive camps, so the way we want to really change our strategy is to be clear about saying: 'This is the PvP audience for Destiny, this is what they want'. We're going to centre PvP around our players that enjoy playing Crucible for 20 hours a week. And we're going to make it more optional for players that don't."

LilScooby77

Dec 11, 2019
So i learned deleting the expansions from xbox will significantly improve your log in times. Back to logging in quickly like the good old days.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

Bungie.net

Fixed an issue where using a sequence of actions through Loadouts could cause weapon models, ornaments, and other characteristics to be incorrectly mixed and applied to weapons.
As a result of this, Loadouts have been reenabled but won't pull weapons from a player's vault. This issue will be addressed in a future fix.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
As for the lack of new rank-and-file enemies, Blackburn argues that creating a bunch of new Dreg-level units wouldn't be interesting. He compares the core combat in Destiny 2 to a skateboarding game in which the tricks you're stringing together instead involve shooting aliens in the head. In that scenario, switching out the basic enemies doesn't make much difference to the overall experience. Instead, he points to the addition of Wyverns in Beyond Light as a better use of design effort. "We want to focus on the big bads that are going to move the needleā€¦ it's going to be Hive Guardians, it's going to be Tormentors, it's going to be Subjugators. Things that we put on the battlefield that make it feel more interesting and dynamic."

Couldn't disagree more with this. Even not being entirely new races, the introduction of the Taken, Siva Fallen, and Scorn have all been infinitely more interesting than the addition of something like Wyverns.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
Of course a Vex incursion happens when most people are stuck in the login queue. šŸ˜© (Hi, I'm most people)

Steelyuhas

Oct 27, 2017
So i learned deleting the expansions from xbox will significantly improve your log in times. Back to logging in quickly like the good old days.
Oh, interesting. I wonder if the game does some check against every add-on file installed when you log in, which would explain why it seems like login times just keep getting longer...I'll try uninstalling those.
šŸ‘€ how do you do this? just delete the xpacs then reinstall them?
I don't think those files actually need to be installed, the purchase of the files should register that your account owns that content.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
I read this, went to the game's add-ons list, checked "unselect all" and hit save... not realizing that also meant the game itself would uninstall.

God damn it.

T_T

Oct 26, 2017
Couldn't disagree more with this. Even not being entirely new races, the introduction of the Taken, Siva Fallen, and Scorn have all been infinitely more interesting than the addition of something like Wyverns.

100% agree with you. Hell one of the best things with Launch D2 was that the Red leigon Cabal and D2 Fallen felt different than D1 Cabal and Fallen.

Mini-Boss like units are great and I enjoy them a lot but the game's sandbox desperately needs overhauls to the basic enemy races. Not "here's an overshield mechanic for them." and then like 1 to 2 new Boss units.

joefro

ā–² Legend ā–²
Jun 5, 2018
Louisiana
Oh, interesting. I wonder if the game does some check against every add-on file installed when you log in, which would explain why it seems like login times just keep getting longer...I'll try uninstalling those.

I don't think those files actually need to be installed, the purchase of the files should register that your account owns that content.
gotcha. cool, i'm gonna try that.

Boclfon479

Oct 25, 2017
So I went into Vox Obscura remembering how hard it was for me and my friends back when it dropped (had the gun and cats already) and wow, I don't know if it's just power creeping or what but it was an absolute cakewalk this time around. Strand titan with into the fray and banner of war and aynthicepts and used Monte Carlo, Staccato-46 for unstoppable, and my retrofit escapade and I 2 shot itā€¦ mainly because I forgot the tubes in the boss fight heat up and do damage lol

Dashing into the tanks with the interceptor still works which is nice, now I have to figure out how to get the other perks for it

Weegian

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sorry, why am I staring at Gambit seasonal challenges? I thought those were going away?

LilScooby77

Dec 11, 2019
šŸ‘€ how do you do this? just delete the xpacs then reinstall them?
Itll still recognize you own the dlcs. Just remove them but not the main game. Hit start on destiny 2 and manage installation. Then uncheck every box but dont uncheck the base game.

I read this, went to the game's add-ons list, checked "unselect all" and hit save... not realizing that also meant the game itself would uninstall.

God damn it.

T_T
Oh nošŸ« .

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Good quest design. If you shoot these "runes" with a weapon other than a primary, they DISAPPEAR and bug out the quest step. Dont be like me (and many others it seems). Use abilities or primaries only

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Thank you! The tarot cards have meaning either thematically, or in their actual meaning, or both. Like the last one, the Six of Cups and how it relates to the last panel. Also cleaned up, edited or added to the illustrations on each. The final .psd file is 154 layers deep āœØ

šŸ‘»

Thanks for the new thread Kyuuji!!!
Thank you for the kind comment šŸ©·

AIAT

šŸ«“šŸ’•

awesome ot, as always!
Thanks joefro, I appreciate that šŸ«¶

giphy.gif

Oct 27, 2017
Is the only way to get the Luminous Void shader to buy the bundle for Silver or do we expect it to be available for Dust sometime this season?