Status
Not open for further replies.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I did two normal Onslaught 50 runs and DIM is now telling me I have 5 god rolls of Luna's Howl lol. I also got a Heal Clip + Incandescent finally, no reload MW though. I'll take what I can! Now I'm unsure what to get next. Elsie's with Destab/Repulsor? Edge with Envious/BnS? Mountaintop with whatever makes you fly higher?

I want to probably be in a very active and very noob friendly clan, very new to raids lol. I literally got carried across the Garden of Salvation it's funny.
Mountaintop just makes you fly higher, no perk needed for that, you just jump right before you shoot and go way higher. You can stack it with sticky grenades, but that is a super niche speed run thing for the most part and also the og roll has it so just can grab it for that.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I did two normal Onslaught 50 runs and DIM is now telling me I have 5 god rolls of Luna's Howl lol. I also got a Heal Clip + Incandescent finally, no reload MW though. I'll take what I can! Now I'm unsure what to get next. Elsie's with Destab/Repulsor? Edge with Envious/BnS? Mountaintop with whatever makes you fly higher?

I want to probably be in a very active and very noob friendly clan, very new to raids lol. I literally got carried across the Garden of Salvation it's funny.

Envious/BnS Edge Transit for sure

panama chief

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Tried a week 3 LFG of Pantheon and its hard out there. I wanted to just try getting a few more raid weapons with a friend so we hosted and took the lead roles per encounter. People want plat but their weapons dont fit the surge or they dont even have decent versions of a weapon thats in the surges element. at -15 everyone has to pitch in equally. it was rough looking at damage numbers. im going to try some more tomorrow.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Tried a week 3 LFG of Pantheon and its hard out there. I wanted to just try getting a few more raid weapons with a friend so we hosted and took the lead roles per encounter. People want plat but their weapons dont fit the surge or they dont even have decent versions of a weapon thats in the surges element. at -15 everyone has to pitch in equally. it was rough looking at damage numbers. im going to try some more tomorrow.

"All I have is this Edge Transit (not pictured: Destablizing Rounds, Chain Reaction)"

"I don't have Sleeper or the Catalyst"

"I didn't do the Wish Tokens to get Apex"

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, even with the glut of weapons we have now since sunsetting it feels about the same. The only major difference is that crafting means you don't need to settle for worse weapons because of bad RNG.

Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like in previous years there were more viable options. For example, are any of the taken reskins any good for PVE from season of the deep? Most of the season of the witch weapons seem more PVP focused, missing key PVE perk options. As a whole the other two seasons have at least a few more interesting options.

In general it also seems like there aren't enough strand/stasis weapons in the game and they're usually worse than their light subclass based options.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like in previous years there were more viable options. For example, are any of the taken reskins any good for PVE from season of the deep? Most of the season of the witch weapons seem more PVP focused, missing key PVE perk options. As a whole the other two seasons have at least a few more interesting options.

In general it also seems like there aren't enough strand/stasis weapons in the game and they're usually worse than their light subclass based options.

Looking back, it is maybe worse but not significantly so. Deep's weapons were a dud but the Last Wish reworks more than makes up for it since almost every weapon there is a must have.

They're working uphill to fill the gaps with stasis and strand weapons equivalents but even then there are some stand out ones. The only times I've felt like they were lacking was when I was looking for

a heavy stasis heavy GL, but the same applies to solar
strand/stasis snipers though that's really competing with all the kinetic ones
strand LMGs are very limited but LMGs right now are dominated by the three top tier void options

Oliver James

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

The Deep Strand pulse slaps!

Mountaintop just makes you fly higher, no perk needed for that, you just jump right before you shoot and go way higher. You can stack it with sticky grenades, but that is a super niche speed run thing for the most part and also the og roll has it so just can grab it for that.
Oh, I thought people were using certain perk combos for Mountaintop. Is it useful as a weapon?
Envious/BnS Edge Transit for sure
Got it, gonna focus that next since my Deconstruct Edge Transit is getting nerfed/fixed lol

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, I thought people were using certain perk combos for Mountaintop. Is it useful as a weapon?

It can do some decent chunk damage in the special ammo slot, but it has been outclassed by other weapons since its prior heyday. I recommend ALH with Recombination or Frenzy to do some solid quickswap damage.

Got it, gonna focus that next since my Deconstruct Edge Transit is getting nerfed/fixed lol

Cascade Point/B&S is also very good as a burst damage option, especially if you play Hunter and pair it with Marksman's Dodge. Both of these rolls are worth getting!

Oct 25, 2017
Yo when did they add the character edit?
Just noticed it recently and it was so nice to be able to fix my Destiny 1 character I had to abandon because it looked so bad after transferring to 2.

Kurt Russell

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yo when did they add the character edit?
Just noticed it recently and it was so nice to be able to fix my Destiny 1 character I had to abandon because it looked so bad after transferring to 2.
I think it was on the Into the Light update (april 9?) and yeah, it's super nice, before people had to delete chars and start again doing campaigns, stasis unlocks, etc. Way better this way.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
Looking back, it is maybe worse but not significantly so. Deep's weapons were a dud but the Last Wish reworks more than makes up for it since almost every weapon there is a must have.

They're working uphill to fill the gaps with stasis and strand weapons equivalents but even then there are some stand out ones. The only times I've felt like they were lacking was when I was looking for

a heavy stasis heavy GL, but the same applies to solar
strand/stasis snipers though that's really competing with all the kinetic ones
strand LMGs are very limited but LMGs right now are dominated by the three top tier void options

Yeah. I don't get why the Strand handcannon Kept Confidence rolls are so bad. Eleatic Principle doesn't get Voltshot or decent reload perks. Semiotician gets decent rocket perks but doesn't get reconstruction or envious but a world drop arc rocket does. Scalar Potential could have been interesting next season with the pulse buffs but it's more PVP oriented too.

I think some of it is also them pushing new perks that are really bad that take up a lot of the weapon's perk pool.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Alright, I've officially entered "Destiny catch-up" mode after my least played year of the game since D1 launched.

Are there any triumphs or anything that will no longer be accessible after this final reset on Tuesday? (Other than the Mayhem seasonal challenge.)

TheMerv

Jan 1, 2022
So I've got about a week left and still have a whole bunch of season of the wish patterns to get. Is it worth farming star-crossed for undying patterns or should I just farm coil and focus engrams for undying?

Subtracting the remaining daily deepsights, my 5 remaining harmonizers, and the last two weeky focuses I have 10 raw non-guaranteed pattern drops I need.

I've got legend Avalon, legend star-crossed, the wicked implement mission, tier 7 deep dives, and the other 2 exotic missions for the Brave seal left to do in a week.

I am totally fucked!

Protagonist

Sep 13, 2021
If you've stopped playing for a while might just want to wait a week instead of possibly burning yourself out with the grind.

Oliver James

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It can do some decent chunk damage in the special ammo slot, but it has been outclassed by other weapons since its prior heyday. I recommend ALH with Recombination or Frenzy to do some solid quickswap damage.

Cascade Point/B&S is also very good as a burst damage option, especially if you play Hunter and pair it with Marksman's Dodge. Both of these rolls are worth getting!
I think I just sharded a Frenzy Mountaintop lol. I'll be on the lookout for the rolls you've mentioned. Thanks a lot and cheers!

Alright, I've officially entered "Destiny catch-up" mode after my least played year of the game since D1 launched.

Are there any triumphs or anything that will no longer be accessible after this final reset on Tuesday? (Other than the Mayhem seasonal challenge.)
Brave. The four seasonal titles. Godslayer.

So I've got about a week left and still have a whole bunch of season of the wish patterns to get. Is it worth farming star-crossed for undying patterns or should I just farm coil and focus engrams for undying?

Subtracting the remaining daily deepsights, my 5 remaining harmonizers, and the last two weeky focuses I have 10 raw non-guaranteed pattern drops I need.

I've got legend Avalon, legend star-crossed, the wicked implement mission, tier 7 deep dives, and the other 2 exotic missions for the Brave seal left to do in a week.

I am totally fucked!
Just go for Scatter Signal and Doomed Petitioner for Season of the Wish. Wicked Implement will probably show up in the Kiosk or as an exotic mission on TFS.

Legend Starcrossed and Avalon you can do with LFG, Starcrossed especially still has a ton of people doing it. I have never attempted Legend Avalon but good luck!

Whisper and Zero Hour on Normal are both easy with LFGs. Brave, grindy but you can probably do in a day.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Basically need to join discords, and even then it's so random because they can be fairly inactive as well.

That said, I just finished Pantheon -20 with an LFG. I still can't believe how well it went.

TheMerv

Jan 1, 2022
Just go for Scatter Signal and Doomed Petitioner for Season of the Wish. Wicked Implement will probably show up in the Kiosk or as an exotic mission on TFS.

Legend Starcrossed and Avalon you can do with LFG, Starcrossed especially still has a ton of people doing it. I have never attempted Legend Avalon but good luck!

Whisper and Zero Hour on Normal are both easy with LFGs. Brave, grindy but you can probably do in a day.

I've already got the full pattern for scattered signal but I'm a bit unhinged about making sure I get all the crafted patterns that go away. I got the patterns for all 3 of the red war class swords from season of defiance even though I will absolutely never use them. Though realistically I imagine they'll throw season of the wish weapons into the exotic rotator version of star-crossed. Worst comes to worse I'll probably just focus enough copies of the remaining weapons to throw in my vault and use harmonizers in the future.

I'm trying to get the seasonal titles so I unfortunately can't wait for Wicked implement to go to the kiosk. Good to know that Legend Star-crossed still has people running it. Aa I understand it Legend Avalon is best done in a duo so it hopefully won't be too bad finding someone/LFGing. Happy to hear that Brave is still viable time wise.

Oliver James

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean the weekly reset this Tuesday. I assume the seasonal titles will still be achievable until The Final Shape launches.
Oh, nothing until The Final Shape, historically is there a precedent where they made you unable to earn stuff in the week leading to the new expansion?

I've already got the full pattern for scattered signal but I'm a bit unhinged about making sure I get all the crafted patterns that go away. I got the patterns for all 3 of the red war class swords from season of defiance even though I will absolutely never use them. Though realistically I imagine they'll throw season of the wish weapons into the exotic rotator version of star-crossed. Worst comes to worse I'll probably just focus enough copies of the remaining weapons to throw in my vault and use harmonizers in the future.

I'm trying to get the seasonal titles so I unfortunately can't wait for Wicked implement to go to the kiosk. Good to know that Legend Star-crossed still has people running it. Aa I understand it Legend Avalon is best done in a duo so it hopefully won't be too bad finding someone/LFGing. Happy to hear that Brave is still viable time wise.
If you earned a lot of engrams spend them all on the seasonal tables and hope for red borders that way. That's what I did and now I'm only missing two patterns from the Deep, and the three swords from Defiance. Then your drops and time farming the daily activities will drastically get cut down. Now I'm not doing Wish and Witch activities anymore.

For the Brave Arcite quests make sure to play it smart as some of the weapon quests can be done simutlaneously, you can earn progress for some of them at the same time. Shuro Chi is the best farming spot.

I have never heard of Avalon Legend being easier in a duo, I imagine the quest is very hard lol. And I did Starcrossed in Legend.

Basically need to join discords, and even then it's so random because they can be fairly inactive as well.

That said, I just finished Pantheon -20 with an LFG. I still can't believe how well it went.
Maybe the community as a whole is getting smarter? I feel like now the vets need to decide now if they want new players to stay or not either by helping them or gatekeeping the other, harder activities.

LilScooby77

Dec 11, 2019
Got an iggy with
Arrow/sb-appended/flared-RH-PI/eots handling mw. Idk im just so stunned. From the chest btw after i listened to Saints entire speech. Saint is so adorable.

Last edited:

crespo

Oct 27, 2017
I'm afraid I might officially be too old for Trials.

I was never a guaranteed weekend lighthouse solo player but I could usually eke it out and could sometimes overcome the teammate lottery by myself.

This time around I just can't. Disheartening.

Also my clan's day 1 squad is massively struggling to clear Pantheon. Really nice folks I like playing with, but I'm very much doubting our ability to clear week 4, much less Day 1. That's even more disheartening than the Trials thing.

Thoughts of abandoning the squad are creeping in but I'd hate to do that to them.

Oh well, trucking on.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I'm afraid I might officially be too old for Trials.

I was never a guaranteed weekend lighthouse solo player but I could usually eke it out and could sometimes overcome the teammate lottery by myself.

This time around I just can't. Disheartening.
This map is really hard to solo on imo, like if not for the double losses on mercy cards I definitely wouldn't be able to and I do pretty well for the most part still, as you really need to team shoot everything due to how everyone is basically a lane away from safety or a flank. If you have teammate who just want to sit back you kinda just have to do it with them, same with if they are playing super aggressive or trying to flank all around the map (which you really shouldn't do on this map due to how easy it is for the other team if they don't or if they get the first pick) makes for a pretty frustrating time for the most part.

crespo

Oct 27, 2017
This map is really hard to solo on imo, like if not for the double losses on mercy cards I definitely wouldn't be able to and I do pretty well for the most part still, as you really need to team shoot everything due to how everyone is basically a lane away from safety or a flank. If you have teammate who just want to sit back you kinda just have to do it with them, same with if they are playing super aggressive or trying to flank all around the map (which you really shouldn't do on this map due to how easy it is for the other team if they don't or if they get the first pick) makes for a pretty frustrating time for the most part.
Yep it was very frustrating getting the jump on someone, hitting two shots and having them duck behind a plethora of options for cover, and then get blindsided myself with teammates close by focusing elsewhere. Happens constantly on this map.

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017

You should focus on getting the red bars that are about to go away. Do the seasonal activities every day for free redbar drops. There is a really good fusion rifle and grenade launcher from the defiant battle grounds, and a really good fusion and linear fusion from the riven stuff.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I have never heard of Avalon Legend being easier in a duo, I imagine the quest is very hard lol. And I did Starcrossed in Legend.
It's because it has that annoying system where the more players, the harder it gets, like the Legend campaigns.

Maybe the community as a whole is getting smarter? I feel like now the vets need to decide now if they want new players to stay or not either by helping them or gatekeeping the other, harder activities.

No, people are still weird too unfortunately. lol

The joke is that people ask for your credit score (raid.report) before letting you play with them.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

The first time I did Avalon Legend was last year, as a duo. With a team of 2-3 you have limited revive tokens and if your teammate(s) die, you have 40 seconds or so to revive them, and IIRC you wipe if you fail to res them? I solo'd Avalon Legend twice in the past few days and with a Gyrfalcon's build focused on Repulsor Brace and Devour, it was much easier than a duo, personally. I attribute that to me having grown as a player and also this season's Solo Operative artifact mod.

The hardest part is the second encounter, you have to collect/deposit motes very quickly and take out the snipers as soon as they spawn in, while also keeping the timer in mind. Boss is easy with Wishender, especially the final phase because you can hide behind the waterfall and shoot thru it.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Woo finally got a some good headseeker rolls on Blast Furnace (non shiny though, but did get a shiny Kinetic Tremors and One 4 All).

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
So if I start this week, what are the chances I can get Superblack?
It's definitely doable. Not really anything too wild, a couple of the weapon quests can be slow (like I remember the SMGo9ne taking me awhile), but the longest thing will be maxing out Shaxx, but pretty sure it's double Brave rep so not too bad, especially if you want some of those weapons.

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I maxed out Shaxx's rank in around 6 days, I'm sure it can be done even faster if you are dedicated.

But remember everyone: the servers will be down next Monday, June 3. So Sunday night/very early Monday morning will the last time people can play until TFS launches.

Kurt Russell

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's definitely doable. Not really anything too wild, a couple of the weapon quests can be slow (like I remember the SMGo9ne taking me awhile), but the longest thing will be maxing out Shaxx, but pretty sure it's double Brave rep so not too bad, especially if you want some of those weapons.

For the smg quest, my recommendation is to run Huckleberry and just go ham. The combo of reload on kill+old rampage will lead you to easy multikills, and using a weapon that has subclass verbs kile a voltshot smg, or incandescent, etc, will actuall hinder your progress since the verb kills won't count.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
For the smg quest, my recommendation is to run Huckleberry and just go ham. The combo of reload on kill+old rampage will lead you to easy multikills, and using a weapon that has subclass verbs kile a voltshot smg, or incandescent, etc, will actuall hinder your progress since the verb kills won't count.
Weird, they counted for me in Shuro Chi.

I actually had to get a Pulse with Incandescent to make it go faster on that quest.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
Onslaught isn't going away though right? I just thought only the shiny weapons will be gone once Final Shape hits.

The armour set, shiny weapons, and the ability to focus weapons since the Hall of Champions is also going away.

This week is the last chance to reasonable chase any rolls but it's also going to be boosted drop rates + shiny chance as well so save any brave trophies until reset tomorrow.

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Finally got Godslayer this morning. Week 4 was all fun and games until Nez, what a massive pain in the ass.

LilScooby77

Dec 11, 2019
Yeah i kinda spammed Geminis and it really causes people to panic and start to close themselves in for my teammates to flank. I hate this map for trials while in comp it feels pretty great and easy to catch people off guard knowing i can play riskier. I think our players need more time with this map as i had it barely pop up in the new territories/6s but it did show up in comp a couple times.

Oliver James

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's because it has that annoying system where the more players, the harder it gets, like the Legend campaigns.

No, people are still weird too unfortunately. lol

The joke is that people ask for your credit score (raid.report) before letting you play with them.
I honestly forgot the # of fireteam members affecting difficulty was a thing. I did Avalon solo and never on legend, maybe I can give it one try before TFS.

My raid report sucks! 2 raids completed lol. My Dungeon Report is not bad I think? I'm Diamond V

I'm at the Top 1k sherpas for dungeons let's gooo

Kurt Russell

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
D2checklist and DIM sees One 4 All as 'bad perk', but I think this combination slaps hard.

DIM's perk wishlists aren't exactly great (I didn't even know checklist had that option, that should tell you how much stock I put into these things, lol)
I love OFA on bullet hose weapons. Don't personally care that much for KT on things that take a while to get it going like handcannons, but on blast furnace it might be pretty good since it should get there relatively quickly (I think it's 3 bursts?)

Superplex

Nov 4, 2017
<3
Why are my Onslaught wave 50 drops disappearing

I saw 2 shiny weapons drop that should have been sent to the postmaster, but they've totally disappeared

Visual bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.