• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I got a second good Mindbenders the other day and wondering which one I should keep between
Smallbore, Accurized, Snapshot and Quickdraw, with a Range MW.
or
Full Choke, Accurized, Snapshot and Quickdraw, with a Reload MW.
Does range MW beat Full Choke basically?

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What are mod components for now? I just shared like 200 legendaries before I realized they didn't go to the postmaster after hitting the 100 cap.

As far as I can tell, they're only used to purchase the from Banshee though, right? So in 2.0 they're basically useless? Well not useless, but you know what I mean.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
What are mod components for now? I just shared like 200 legendaries before I realized they didn't go to the postmaster after hitting the 100 cap.

As far as I can tell, they're only used to purchase the from Banshee though, right? So in 2.0 they're basically useless? Well not useless, but you know what I mean.

Ada

But yeah they're largely useless since mods are one-time unlocks now

Dynheart

Self-requested ban
Oct 31, 2017
Ugh. After damn near 1900 hours played, gonna hang the D2 boots up. Just can't keep up anymore, plus I have practically missed all of gen 8 playing nothing but D2. Gotta play some other shit before the next consoles drop.

Thanks for being a healthy community to interact with/gather information when needed.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
About to clutch the final win with a super... and a fucking rank up obscures my view and gets me killed.

How the fuck is this still a thing... lol.

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
As far as SoTU, yeah it was pretty lame. But I'm still happy to have the title. Cause the Undying is just a cool thing to be called. You've basically got 'Immortal' stamped below your name.

Even if you don't like the activity its associated with, it's a general enough word to still look/feel cool with. Along the same lines of Shadow, Reckoner, Unbroken. It's not so directly tied to the activity, like say Rivensbane, that it's a meaningless word unless you're familiar with the lore and the activity.

Edgeward

Oct 27, 2017
I got a second good Mindbenders the other day and wondering which one I should keep between
Smallbore, Accurized, Snapshot and Quickdraw, with a Range MW.
or
Full Choke, Accurized, Snapshot and Quickdraw, with a Reload MW.
Does range MW beat Full Choke basically?

For shotguns, iirc there's a certain range threshold it can't cross so range isn't that importantin terms of extending the kill range. Falloutplays did a video of it before I think, but in general to me I would want the second one because full choke is more important and more consistent for an inconsistent weapon like a shotgun even with the nerf to it previously.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
I'm totally confused by this requirement for Glorious Harvest. Complete Any Challenge? What challenges are it talking about? I'm tried googling it but I'm still super new to the game so I don't really know what I'm reading.

Lyon

Jun 5, 2019
I'd like to thank the hardcore players complaining about Season of the Undying for supporting the game and allowing players like me to enjoy the fruits of your spending....... & suffering.
I played vanilla D1, skipped everything until Taken King bundle came with all previous DLC. Took another break and came back to Shadowkeep (season pass or wtv edition) for $45usd on Steam. So now I hav a tonne of content to play and don't have to concern myself too much with how good the upcoming seasons may or may not be.
Thanks again guys.

Ghostfacedon

Apr 17, 2019
As much as I've played this season I still don't have Monte Carlo. I even ran the Nightfall this week, oh well. I really wanted it to try out a melee/strength build with my warlock.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm totally confused by this requirement for Glorious Harvest. Complete Any Challenge? What challenges are it talking about? I'm tried googling it but I'm still super new to the game so I don't really know what I'm reading.

Challenges are the weekly things that various vendors/game modes/locations offer. So doing 8 bounties for Shaxx/Zavala/Drifter or Banshee, or playing four matches of Crucible of a certain type, or doing the Flashpoint on EDZ (doing public events or lost sectors or whatever on Earth).

Basically any of the things that have the little gold circle on the destination map.

It confused me when that come up as well. I'd only seen them called Milestones, but they're the same thing.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'd like to thank the hardcore players complaining about Season of the Undying for supporting the game and allowing players like me to enjoy the fruits of your spending....... & suffering.
I played vanilla D1, skipped everything until Taken King bundle came with all previous DLC. Took another break and came back to Shadowkeep (season pass or wtv edition) for $45usd on Steam. So now I hav a tonne of content to play and don't have to concern myself too much with how good the upcoming seasons may or may not be.
Thanks again guys.
dont mention it

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
Challenges are the weekly things that various vendors/game modes/locations offer. So doing 8 bounties for Shaxx/Zavala/Drifter or Banshee, or playing four matches of Crucible of a certain type, or doing the Flashpoint on EDZ (doing public events or lost sectors or whatever on Earth).

Basically any of the things that have the little gold circle on the destination map.

It confused me when that come up as well. I'd only seen them called Milestones, but they're the same thing.

How do I keep track of what Milestone I have to work on? I had 2 earlier but now I don't see any.

I like the shooting in this game but keeping track of what you're doing/supposed to be doing is kind of a nightmare

Oct 25, 2017
How do I keep track of what Milestone I have to work on? I had 2 earlier but now I don't see any.

I like the shooting in this game but keeping track of what you're doing/supposed to be doing is kind of a nightmare

In the Director, select the tower. When you get to the map, you can hover over any of the vendors that have the light blue logo, and the challenge and your progress in it should pop up.

Same goes for choosing an activity like Crucible for the director, but you then hover over any of the different game types (specifically ones that have a gold circle next to them) and your progress should pop up.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I might have been sleeping on 340 pulses. Inspired by coolguy's premonition vid I pulled a headseeker eystein D out of the vault (headseeker is apparently good on 340's) and it seems pretty good at least. I even took it into comp, got stomped once but also stomped once in 2 tries.

Geek also has a vid that Suros is now meta and I called that first. However, I will say it's moreso in QP. It's hard to use an AR in survival as you have to commit out in the open to fights.

Man I feel the best I've ever been in crucible. survival really makes you better, and then QP is like easy mode. I've also spent a lot of time getting decent with the hand cannon sniper loadout, which is a difficult one. So now I pretty much feel I can run anything. Well , grenade launcher loadouts are still one thing I have not mastered competency with if that counts. They aren't much of a thing on consoles anyway.

Also I'm evidently never going to get wayfarer because apparently Bungie never making Mercury the weekly flashpoint is a thing, because Bungo. Wish I'd grabbed that heroic adventure before Shadowkeep.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've already said it before but the 2500 kills triumph for Vex Offensive for the Undying title is design that actively rewards selfish players. I actually had people body blocking me/my shots and shooting me with Telesto (to screw up my vision) tonight so they could get kills. I hope Bungie never designs a triump like this one ever again.

Oct 27, 2017
...actively rewards selfish players...

This is nothing new regarding this season as Bungie encourages this kind of gameplay through bounties, quests, etc and have done so for basically the life of D2 (probably for some things in D1 as well but I can't remember them specifically). It can be incredibly frustrating and equally not remotely worth the trouble for something like a "title." Unfortunately sometimes it's required to complete a quest to earn a useful reward.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is nothing new regarding this season as Bungie encourages this kind of gameplay through bounties, quests, etc and have done so for basically the life of D2 (probably for some things in D1 as well but I can't remember them specifically). It can be incredibly frustrating and equally not remotely worth the trouble for something like a "title." Unfortunately sometimes it's required to complete a quest to earn a useful reward.
This is a step backwards, in my opinion, especially contrasted against the times they've done other quest steps and triumphs before where they didn't require final blows and / or even allowed teammates to contribute progress to your own quest / bounty / etc. Do more of that instead of what's happening in Vex Offensive right now, if you'll allow me to move the goal posts here.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I've already said it before but the 2500 kills triumph for Vex Offensive for the Undying title is design that actively rewards selfish players. I actually had people body blocking me/my shots and shooting me with Telesto (to screw up my vision) tonight so they could get kills. I hope Bungie never designs a triump like this one ever again.

I agree with this and I'm one of those players. I don't prevent other players from getting kills but I'm trying to keep killing Harpies when the bosses shields are down and trying to get to the new add spawn area before anyone else. It's just way too many fucking kills.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
For shotguns, iirc there's a certain range threshold it can't cross so range isn't that importantin terms of extending the kill range. Falloutplays did a video of it before I think, but in general to me I would want the second one because full choke is more important and more consistent for an inconsistent weapon like a shotgun even with the nerf to it previously.
Thanks.

Oct 25, 2017
Got Revoker today, and am now a couple days of bounties away from Redrix. Got another step of Luna's Howl done as well, hopefully I can finish that out before the end of the season so I don't have to get to Fabled again.

Just have to do ~170 more solar kills (the three rumble matches for some reason) and the hand cannon headshots. Shouldn't be too hard.

shark97

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I agree with this and I'm one of those players. I don't prevent other players from getting kills but I'm trying to keep killing Harpies when the bosses shields are down and trying to get to the new add spawn area before anyone else. It's just way too many fucking kills.

hehe yep. i dont dps the boss, and the other mean thing i do is generally not revive people in vo. that's just a few more seconds of less competition for my kills.

i think i notice lots of other people doing the same. once i remember we never killed the yellow bars in an area because nobody would really shoot them. Everybody wants to just shoot the red bars not the hard to kill enemies. Eventually it just pushed us to the next stage. I always focus small adds>any type of hardy boss.

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
Highest armor stats I've seen for base is 65.
941d3e94ab.png

Got this one from the Scourge raid.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The chase for the Undying title combined with Vex Offensive is a terrible thing in comparison to the Shadow title with Menagerie. Whereas Menagerie had all of your team work together to complete a common goal through team-oriented objectives for triumphs, Vex Offensive has players fight over kills for grindy ass kill triumphs.

I've stopped going after it. I don't want to be named after this garbage season and I don't wanna play that awful mode anymore. If Shadowkeep weren't a thing, this would be one of the worst seasons. At least the weaker seasons of the annual pass offered great loot with their decent to not very good activities. This shit is poopy butt through and through. The Vex Offensive offends me, deeply so.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Methinks Bungo still have something up their sleeves.

But the final assault was underwhelming and should not have been on the road map.

I will be getting and wearing my Undying proudly.

Bold the Undying One

someday

Oct 25, 2017
I'm torn on actually doing the VO stuff for Undying. I really thought getting Randy's would be what stopped me from the title but that went really well. Honestly I've spent and enjoyed more time in Crucible this season than on the moon. I don't even have a single one of the PE's done with the seasonal armor. 500 fusion kills and bow kills while fighting against my teammates? Ugh. But if I don't do it, I'm afraid I'll lose out on the only title that works for a solo player like me.

How do I play VO on PC alone? I'm actually thinking about playing it on PS4 and doing the change date thing. I'll finally have a reason to use the cross-play feature lol.

Monsieur Paul

Oct 27, 2017
Aargh! I was 1 (one!) chocolate coin short for the mask triumph and the braytech werewolf and now I just found out that the lost festival is gone...

Norris1020

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I'm torn on actually doing the VO stuff for Undying. I really thought getting Randy's would be what stopped me from the title but that went really well. Honestly I've spent and enjoyed more time in Crucible this season than on the moon. I don't even have a single one of the PE's done with the seasonal armor. 500 fusion kills and bow kills while fighting against my teammates? Ugh. But if I don't do it, I'm afraid I'll lose out on the only title that works for a solo player like me.

How do I play VO on PC alone? I'm actually thinking about playing it on PS4 and doing the change date thing. I'll finally have a reason to use the cross-play feature lol.

Those two weapon kills aren't all that bad since they're single shot kills, no one can really steal the kill from you. Getting special ammo to drop for your fusion is the biggest hindrance.

JaegerDeus

Banned
Jan 25, 2018
Is the curated Mindbender's Ambition roll any good?

I have one in my vault somewhere, haven't used it in forever cause I went from NF to rapid-fire pulse rifles, pretty much all of which are in the energy slot. But now I'm trying out new loadouts, and frankly, I feel like I'm missing out since it feels like every other time I'm shotgunned it's by Mindbenders.

I know Snapshot/Quickdraw/RangeMW is the god roll, but is the curated roll worth using?

Or would I continue to be better off using my Last Man Standing with Opening Shot, Swash Buckler, Range MW. I also have the same roll with one-two punch instead of swashbuckler, but given how broken Thundercoil is, I like getting the 5x damage from melee kills.

Jan 4, 2018
I'm so salty right now. Got beat out by 1 point in a rumble match against a dude who, I shit you not, literally only got kills using a Wizened Rebuke. Like, he would just get a couple of long range fusion kills, die, then do it again. And that managed to carry him to first in the match...

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
NEW Weighted Knife: High-damage knife throw with a long wind up. Travels at high speeds, bounces once, and does extra damage to the head. Precision shot final blows recharge the melee completely. One-hit precision final blow in PvP.

NEW Knock 'em Down: Precision final blows increase weapon stability and ADS speed. Timer starts at 10 seconds but any additional final blow/assists can increase it up to 25 seconds. Casting your Super with this buff above 20 seconds consumes the buff and grants extra damage. (Does not stack with Celestial Nighthawk).

:O

BlakeofT

Oct 30, 2017
I like the idea of using top dawn blade more. It requires the most "forget how you used to play the game" of any subclass as far as I know.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
I hope there are more significant PvE focused changes because I don't think any of those changes will move the needle in that regard.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Being a birdlock was always top tier. Now, you nerds will know what air superiority will truly mean as soon as Bungo patches this shit in and hopefully stops being a disappointment incarnate to everyone.

NEW Knock 'em Down: Precision final blows increase weapon stability and ADS speed. Timer starts at 10 seconds but any additional final blow/assists can increase it up to 25 seconds. Casting your Super with this buff above 20 seconds consumes the buff and grants extra damage. (Does not stack with Celestial Nighthawk).

Oh wow, bonus damage to the super in the tree no one uses unless they're using Nighthawk that doesn't do anything with Nighthawk on! I wonder what people will choose...

Last edited:

Actinium

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
California
Heat rises no longer recharges grenade energy though, so my previous favorite thing to do as that subclass, which was toss out a solar bracer enhanced grenade and then start floating to immediately get the grenade back as long as i killed some redbars with it, no longer works. Maybe celestial fire will be as good to spam down from midair but i'm not holding my breath.

Ruthless

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Titan Burning Maul changes are great.

Warlock changes are fine, if you play a solar subclass that isn't well of radiance (lul).

Hunters get fucked again. Instead of giving back OG tripmine, we get a charge knife! Buffs to a super that no one uses without nighthawk but those buffs won't work with nighthawk.

586560406940549130.png

Status
Not open for further replies.