• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HDMF76

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What it is right now is weapons are feeling fun and awesome.. Like Crimson I cant put it down, it's what I should have been all along. The clip is huge now and it melts everything

I simply feel overwhelmed like I have before in D1 and that's why I'm saying I think this game has officially returned today

Yeah I think if you are a weapon lover its a great patch. It still needs more variety in PvE for me, but that may still be in there Im still finishing the story.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
Not feeling the new zone. Incredibly dull, visually. The whole expansion feels kinda low budget.

HDMF76

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Still early, but overall seems positive so far. I'm personally waiting on the campaign impressions.
5 missions in, its cool but same as rest of the game. So far its exactly what you would expect, but because you are fighting the same enemies AGAIN it feels like I've done it before. Having fun with it but as of yet its typical destiny.

rezn0r

Oct 25, 2017
If I remember right the PS4 Pro version had framerate issues around the first launch too. Hopefully it gets fixed up quick.

Karamsoul

Oct 27, 2017
5 missions in, its cool but same as rest of the game. So far its exactly what you would expect, but because you are fighting the same enemies AGAIN it feels like I've done it before. Having fun with it but as of yet its typical destiny.

*groan* did not want to hear this but what else did I expect. Bungie really needs to improve the way they construct their campaign missions (The Taken King did this well) and/or really concentrate on the enemy variety and engagement.

Thanks for the impressions so far. :)

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone with a pro tried to turn the output resolution to 1080p and turn off super sampling? Does that help the performance at all? I want to play this asap, but knowing bungie there wont be a performance fix for the pro for at least a week...

TheCanisDirus

Nov 13, 2017
4v4 is the worst. They should really just keep 4v4 as a single mode and that's it.
I've been away from destiny for a while as i just re-purchased on PC with that BB sale the other week. Why do a lot on here seem to hate 4v4? Is it too slow and methodical and less run, super and grenade use? Honestly curious.

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, looks like I'll have to skip PS4 pro and just play on peasant PS4 if people having issues with it.

daedalius

Oct 27, 2017
So what's going on with the Xbox permissions stuff? Is it a bug or intentional for the home system to be the only one that can work with Warmind?

I had no problems running Osiris on two xboxes.

Dec 13, 2017
So I'm a LL 308 and haven't played since the beginning of Osiris. Is there anything I have to do before jumping into this or can I just start playing right away? Also do they still have those things that automatically level other characters or do I have to do the original story mode to level any of my alts? That's so tiresome man.

s3ltz3r

Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Also do they still have those things that automatically level other characters or do I have to do the original story mode to level any of my alts? That's so tiresome man.

This.

No fucking way I'm playing the same lame campaign per character. I pre-ordered Digital Deluxe edition, so I might as well get my money's worth.

TheCanisDirus

Nov 13, 2017
This.

No fucking way I'm playing the same lame campaign per character. I pre-ordered Digital Deluxe edition, so I might as well get my money's worth.
Yo i'm with you as well. But thinking about it: Isn't it horrible when we'll pay to not play the game we just paid for? lmao

That's gotta be a sign of a job not well done for Bungie

Toli08

Oct 27, 2017
I've been away from destiny for a while as i just re-purchased on PC with that BB sale the other week. Why do a lot on here seem to hate 4v4? Is it too slow and methodical and less run, super and grenade use? Honestly curious.
Pretty much. 4v4 is a slow methodical slugfest that is only playable in a squad so you can all team shoot. While 6v6 let's you play more freely and feel like stronger then just a cog in a 4 man crew.

Dec 13, 2017
Yo i'm with you as well. But thinking about it: Isn't it horrible when we'll pay to not play the game we just paid for? lmao

For Taken King they offered one for free, so I was wondering if it was the same deal this time around. I know it's not the "big" expansion but still man. At least in D1 you could do other shit to level up without completing the campaign, here you're completely gimped unless you play through the story. Which is fine once, but a fucking slog if you have to do it more than that.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Framerate issues aside, loving it. Initial impressions are very solid and haven't even tried any of the new exotics. Love the little target things in the world, nice to have small things to look out for and find again. Can't wait to try out EP.

TheCanisDirus

Nov 13, 2017
Pretty much. 4v4 is a slow methodical slugfest that is only playable in a squad so you can all team shoot. While 6v6 let's you play more freely and feel like stronger then just a cog in a 4 man crew.

Totally got you. I'll agree on all points.

To me most of the multiplayer FPS games with high health/low TTK end up being a "team shoot" game. Hell, even the original Halo games fell pray to this where good teams always rolled the arena stacked together to team shoot any lone wolves they came across... and then when a member died and was forced to try and regroup you as the other team were dead set on keeping them from doing so. The quick TTK games like COD never really encouraged that style of play because of how easy it was for people to kill each other... well that and how each encounter really became a slot-machine pull on who would kill who b/c of things like the net code etc.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
Not played this since December but since I got the game with the season pass like an idiot, I decided to download the expansion today but I'm hearing pretty underwhelming reviews from friends :/

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah exactly this. 4v4 feels a lot more restrictive in what you can do, I always felt like I needed to tag along with a teammate in it.

s3ltz3r

Banned
Nov 12, 2017

I'll play the campaign once. However, forcing me to play the campaign for each character...its a cheap way of making the game feel longer than it is. I should be able to switch up my characters throughout the missions...as I please.