• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BMW

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I literally can't play without DIM, whenever it's down I don't even play because it's such a hassle to move things around without it.

Playing without an item manager is like playing soccer with one leg. I'm rather curious how Bungie is comfortable outsourcing such an important task to other developers. Perhaps collections is a step forward in eliminating our need for item managers.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
I can't imagine playing Destiny with out DIM or the Ishtar app running at all times. It's so easy to swap gear between characters or prep your current character for a Raid/NF etc.

It is literally - LITERALLY - rage inducing when people say "hold on I have to go to the tower to swap my gear on my titan" in the middle or before a raid

Like what the FUCK

Ninja Kn1ght

Oct 25, 2017
I love that you can finally get stuff out of the postmaster with DIM now, too. Saves a lot of tower trips just to make space.

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
Was bored yesterday after work so decided to actually do the crucible milestone for a change since the daily faction rally reward was crucible too.

Graviton Lances everywhere and 7 losses in a row. Such a shit mode. No thanks. In the time it takes to get the faction reward bundle you could easily have double the amount of tokens just by doing heroic events in the EDZ.

I have officially realized I can't stand it, I absolutely detest crucible and outside of milestones for when LL increases and IB, I am done with it. It's the most garbage PvP in gaming history easily. I went and played some Battlefield last night and V can't come quick enough, a fucking real PvP that is actually fun.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Is there an android specific app for DIM?

I use Ishtar Commander App on my iOS/Android.

---------------

Huckleberry Catalyst dropped on my third ever Heroic Adventure (really fking awful, it's hard but not in a fun way), am I going to be cursed by RNG going forward ? Or do Huckleberry Catalyst have high drop chance ?

demi

Oct 27, 2017
It's RNG. I've done a few weeks worth of Heroics and still dont have it. Congrats and enjoy your newfound curse

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
So do you have to have a the specific weapon equipped to get a catalyst to drop or is just owning it enough for the possibility?

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
I have officially realized I can't stand it, I absolutely detest crucible and outside of milestones for when LL increases and IB, I am done with it. It's the most garbage PvP in gaming history easily. I went and played some Battlefield last night and V can't come quick enough, a fucking real PvP that is actually fun.
It's not good, but I have more fun with it than Overwatch. Less of a defense towards Destiny 2 PvP and more just how bad I think Overwatch is.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
I've generally found the PvP to be in a slightly better place than it was late in D2 vanilla. The only thing that genuinely annoys me is the prevalence of Sword/Tractor rushing and the cycling people do specifically to chain Power Ammo grabs that facilitates that play.

Edit: I did make the switch from console over to PC though, so that could be influencing my impressions as well.

JohnOfMars

Fighting Lion
Oct 25, 2017
Mars
Stop playing Competitive. QP is pretty fun.

2 more weeks of 4s Quickplay.

Me:
tenor.gif

The Dude:
tenor.gif

I'm going to miss Quickplay 4s. Being able to really understand the enemy and make plays based on their behavior was so good. Made me a better player. Even if I'm going to get stomped by 4 stacks all the time in Comp, I won't be in Quickplay much. 6s is just too chaotic, too messy. You're always reacting. If you think 6 Grav Lances is bad now, just wait. :-P

Ironically, I fell in love with Comp before the ranking system. It's changed the vibe from being a more deliberate mode to being a super-sweaty playlist where ever loss stings and quantitatively penalizes you. Comp was all I played in Season 2 and I barely play it in Season 3 unless I'm going to be working on the Claymore grind.

Also, you really don't have to use GL/VW. They are very strong, but so are lots of other guns. GL & VW are both terrible in short & close quarters. If you're having a bad time, try something else than challenging GL/VW with your own GL/VW and trading over and over.

JohnOfMars

Fighting Lion
Oct 25, 2017
Mars
I've generally found the PvP to be in a slightly better place than it was late in D2 vanilla. The only thing that genuinely annoys me is the prevalence of Sword/Tractor rushing and the cycling people do specifically to chain Power Ammo grabs that facilitates that play.

Edit: I did make the switch from console over to PC though, so that could be influencing my impressions as well.

Yeah, I never see those on console. FoV changes make Sword on PC really nice compared to the constricting console FoV. There's honestly way too much power ammo right now, both spawn rate and pick ups. But just gotta brace myself for Fall when we'll be back to 6 snipers peaking a lane every match. :-P

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
Also, you really don't have to use GL/VW. They are very strong, but so are lots of other guns. GL & VW are both terrible in short & close quarters. If you're having a bad time, try something else than challenging GL/VW with your own GL/VW and trading over and over.

I've found a lot of success with Nameless. Unfortunately I end up have to go back to GL often when going against aggressive pushing teams because I need that Better Devils counterplay. It would be nice to find a good Energy HC so I could play around with Loadouts more. Nothing gets quite to Better Devils level though yet. Jack Queen King is kind of close but not quite. Sunshot is similar but not enough. Ah well.

JohnOfMars

Fighting Lion
Oct 25, 2017
Mars
I've found a lot of success with Nameless. Unfortunately I end up have to go back to GL often when going against aggressive pushing teams because I need that Better Devils counterplay. It would be nice to find a good Energy HC so I could play around with Loadouts more. Nothing gets quite to Better Devils level though yet. Jack Queen King is kind of close but not quite. Sunshot is similar but not enough. Ah well.

Since you're on PC, you should give the IKELOS a try. It's crispy af

ezgif-3-19e64a80d9.gif

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
SMGs on PC are godlike compared to consoles. Can't compare them across platforms. I can see why people have such split opinions depending on platforms.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017

ezgif-3-19e64a80d9.gif

I gave it a shot early on when I first picked it up and it felt funky in the Crucible, though it absolutely punches in PvE.

I'll give it another shot though. Sometimes it's just about getting a good feel for it. Reload time is a PITA. Will need to fix that.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL

ezgif-3-19e64a80d9.gif
I don't fuck with any handcannon that obstructs my field of vision of the target. It has the same problem that Nature of The Beast has. Funky vertical recoil pattern. Give me something that kicks up and to the right and lets me see my target between shots every day of the week. Or something that has no kick at all like Crimson.

JohnOfMars

Fighting Lion
Oct 25, 2017
Mars

D2 Lunch Break HYPE!

I gave it a shot early on when I first picked it up and it felt funky in the Crucible, though it absolutely punches in PvE.

I'll give it another shot though. Sometimes it's just about getting a good feel for it. Reload time is a PITA. Will need to fix that.

As far as reload goes, I agree. That's why I've fallen in love with Service Revolver from Zavala. It's got Outlaw. :) Have you tried the Blue Allegro-34 hand cannon?

I don't fuck with any handcannon that obstructs my field of vision of the target. It has the same problem that Nature of The Beast has. Funky vertical recoil pattern. Give me something that kicks up and to the right and lets me see my target between shots every day of the week. Or something that has no kick at all like Crimson.

Yeah, that's a real issue. But the recoil is perfectly vertical, so you can get a 6th sense about it with time.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
The past few nights reminded me how much fun newbie raids can be. Listening to guys truly happy to finish the raids is good stuff.

So much time spend just rushing thtough everything most of the time.

Congrats guys on your EoW and Levi clears!

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to miss Quickplay 4s. Being able to really understand the enemy and make plays based on their behavior was so good. Made me a better player. Even if I'm going to get stomped by 4 stacks all the time in Comp, I won't be in Quickplay much. 6s is just too chaotic, too messy. You're always reacting. If you think 6 Grav Lances is bad now, just wait. :-P

I'm with ya. 4v4 is my jam. IB is hell because of 6v6.

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
That doesn't help either, but running face first into enemy fire every 5 seconds and awkward spawns in maps that are too small really solidify it.

The spawns are a huge problem they need to address. It's dumb af when I kept spawning next to half the enemy team and get team shot to death. Legion of Gulch is a good example. I kept dying and spawning away from my team while they were capturing and the enemy team was killing me constantly. Literally died for most of the match because of that.

Turbo Tu-Tone

Oct 27, 2017
I think all of those are ugly, but D2 gear has always been bootycheeks
I remember when my EXO Warlock was a straight up Mack in his purple Voidfang Vestments. That was Destiny 1. I have yet to find a single outfit that really sets my character apart from the rest in Destiny 2.
Yeah, but what about FENCHURCH. BUT FENCHURCH.
"Needless to say I sent the whole shipment back to Fenchurch."
*moves toward Banshee then doubles back*

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
I remember when my EXO Warlock was a straight up Mack in his purple Voidfang Vestments. That was Destiny 1. I have yet to find a single outfit that really sets my character apart from the rest.

*moves toward Banshee then doubles back*
Fenchurch gonna cancel her Amazon Prime account.

Too many returns.