• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Turbo Tu-Tone

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, you're not upgrading by moving to IKELOS from those guns. The increased damage on broken shields perk is good, but if you like the Burden and Stochastic, keep rocking them. I can't say I feel any more powerful with the IKELOS. In fact, I'd prefer to be using Burden or Resonance. I just think that it might help a teammate get a cleanup kill so I keep using it.
Sounds good. Will keep it Stochastic/HB/Phosphorus then.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I was playing comp solo over the weekend and I managed quite well. There were a lot of weird games where I would face players who were perhaps some of the worst players I've ever seen in Destiny with extremely low light levels, whole clans of players that were just bad, and then whole clans of players that would rip you a new asshole. Overall, I got more wins than losses. Most of the time I got matched with pretty good randos.

One thing I think they need to do is put a light level limit on comp. It was pretty annoying getting matched with players who have only uncommon shit. Seriously, how does that happen? You should not be in this playlist. Go play the game and then come back.

When you're in the tower with other guardians remembering the funnier times with Caybe, but you never cared about him like that because Shaxx is your boy.
dUtLMG3.gif

Shaxx and Zavala are the only cool boys. Primarily because of their amazing voice actors.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
I was playing comp solo over the weekend and I managed quite well. There were a lot of weird games where I would face players who were perhaps some of the worst players I've ever seen in Destiny with extremely low light levels, whole clans of players that were just bad, and then whole clans of players that would rip you a new asshole. Overall, I got more wins than losses. Most of the time I got matched with pretty good randos.

One thing I think they need to do is put a light level limit on comp. It was pretty annoying getting matched with players who have only uncommon shit. Seriously, how does that happen? You should not be in this playlist. Go play the game and then come back.

Shaxx and Zavala are the only cool boys. Primarily because of their amazing voice actors.

The game asks you to play some comp games early in the campaign.

JohnOfMars

Fighting Lion
Oct 25, 2017
Mars
I don't fuck with any handcannon that obstructs my field of vision of the target. It has the same problem that Nature of The Beast has. Funky vertical recoil pattern. Give me something that kicks up and to the right and lets me see my target between shots every day of the week. Or something that has no kick at all like Crimson.

The vertical recoil is some fuckery, but they just seem to be so sticky. I'm just spamming shots here and I get 4 crits and the kill.

Service Revolver* for whatever reason feels good.

I ain't a cop

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
you got the 2 best kinetic smg's correctly but lol @ that inclusion.

and none of those are energy SMGs which is what the conversation was about. IKELOS, Hero's Burden, and a couple of others are outstanding PvP energy SMGs. The only reason you don't see them as much as you did last season (they were a lock in most aggro loadouts) is because the Graviton is taking up everyone's energy slot. No more no less.

tfw people rediscover known, regularly discussed wheels. :(
Motion to Suppress has ridiculous knock-back and fast reload with good handling and a decent clip. It's amazing.

Trakan

Oct 25, 2017
Scott Taylor said, "On the subclasses right now there are two diamonds on the right at the top and bottom of the screen. We're essentially inserting a third one. We'll probably deliver three on day one, and have the others take a little bit longer than players are used to. imagine one or two weeks before you can even earn the next batch. They won't all be available on day one."

What the fuck

Oct 27, 2017
Lots of spoilery stuff in there, I guess, if folks want to stay away from that but if my Bones of Eao return I am going to be one happy camper.

Sounds like we're heading in a much more fantastical setting than I was expecting even after seeing some of The Dreaming City.

"Activities and Flashpoints" supposedly being refreshed every four days while Raids remain on a weekly cycle. Hopefully what entails being a "Flashpoint" gets a major reworking.

Yep, definitely taking some vacation time from Labor Day to about the middle of September.

Last edited:

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Lot of these new subclasses sound fantastic. Especially that new Striker super that basically lets you fly around like Superman. Imagine seeing that shit in the Crucible. Hopefully it's actually available at launch since WE HAVE TO WAIT ON SOME OF THESE SUB CLASSES BECAUSE BUNGIE IS SO SMART.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Lot of these new subclasses sound fantastic. Especially that new Striker super that basically lets you fly around like Superman. Imagine seeing that shit in the Crucible. Hopefully it's actually available at launch since WE HAVE TO WAIT ON SOME OF THESE SUB CLASSES BECAUSE BUNGIE IS SO SMART.

Holy crap each of them offers fun/unique gimmick mechanic that sets them apart from other class/subclass, Dawnblade healing nades and overshield orb, Titan hammer throwing melee, Striker aerial slam melee and sliding reload, Stormcaller thunder projectile melee and Ionic Traces, Voidwalker mini-Wardcliff Coil nades.

They should have been how the new subclass system from the start instead of rehashing D1 ability.

Oct 27, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Yeah, time gating subclass trees? What? I really hope something's being misunderstood because that sounds real dumb. By all means make the trees take some work to earn. I understand wanting these new abilities to have an opportunity to breathe and for the player to get to get a feel for them but if a small amount of people completely no-life the game for 24-48 hours or something and unlock the abilities stupidly early who cares? Let the player play as they want to play.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
The vertical recoil is some fuckery, but they just seem to be so sticky. I'm just spamming shots here and I get 4 crits and the kill.

Service Revolver* for whatever reason feels good.

I ain't a cop

I like the Service Revolver. I think because the body of the weapon is thinner, the target is less obscured through the recoil animation. That gun is a great example of a handcannon with good vertical recoil. One of very few of this weapon type. The fat physical design of the Nature of The Beast and IKELOS is probably their issue.

Finally got the Redrix's Claymore!!!
Welcome to the cool kids club. Enjoy your stay.

The rest of you get to work.

Motion to Suppress has ridiculous knock-back and fast reload with good handling and a decent clip. It's amazing.
Yes, I'm aware. I was literally the first one here advocating for it over Anti as the best Kinetic SMG.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/destiny-2-warmind-ot-mars-attacks.40862/page-44#post-8160062

https://www.resetera.com/threads/destiny-2-warmind-ot-mars-attacks.40862/page-76#post-8890467

But the conversation you joined wasn't about Kinetic SMGs.

Last edited:

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like the Service Revolver. I think because the body of the weapon is thinner, the target is less obscured through the recoil animation. That gun is a great example of a handcannon with good vertical recoil. One of very few of this weapon type. The fat physical design of the Nature of The Beast and IKELOS is probably their issue.

Welcome to the cool kids club. Enjoy your stay.

The rest of you get to work.

Yes, I'm aware. I was literally the first one here advocating for it over Anti as the best Kinetic SMG.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/destiny-2-warmind-ot-mars-attacks.40862/page-44#post-8160062

https://www.resetera.com/threads/destiny-2-warmind-ot-mars-attacks.40862/page-76#post-8890467

But the conversation you joined wasn't about Kinetic SMGs.
I understand, but on console there is zero reason to use anything not those three.

SMGs suck on console. You're better served using harder hitting energy weapons with dragonfly, explosive ammo, high caliber or rampage.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Said everyone else before they vaulted it after a couple matches
673 crucible kills and 1735 PvE kills later, I'mma say "no" to this.

Best legendary pulse in the game for all content and it's not even close, and I haven't been able to justify unequipping it since I got it. GL and VW have been all but retired except on days when I'm in the mood for some Motion To Suppress. Did my 3x raids with it today and it was LUL. First time in awhile I can remember *requesting* the opportunity to solo Prestige throne room.

YMMV.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Of course you dont - you grinded for it. It's your trophy, as it was meant to be
Don't project your character flaws onto me. If it wasn't good enough, I'd be using my Motion To Suppress + GL, which I will continue to stan for. That's who I am. You may need other sorts of affirmation. Speak for yourself in that regard.

I'd argue Machina Dai is also very good, explosive payload and overflow mags. (PvE).
Dei has High Cal rounds which is okay but unfortunately not as good as explosive payload. :D

Personally not a fan of ambitious assassin in general. Even less so on low RPM/aggressive weapons. But the gun in general feels good and it has a good sight so yea. That said, if you like Dei, you'll love Redrix. For purple pulses, I have:

1. Redrix Claymore - Already written enough about this. Laugh through PvE content as you mow everything down. Collect 7-12 kills/match in PvP with it while freeing up your exotic options for more fun stuff (read: not VW or GL).
/// large gap ///
2a. Inaugural Address - Next most versatile IMO. Buffs with rampage + kill clip make it great for PvE and PvP content
2b. Darkest Before - PvP 1-trick. Very good at that one trick.
3. Relentless - Previously my favorite kinetic aggressive in PvP. Headseeker is delicious and I love the sight/scope. Never really used it in PvE so I can't comment.
4. Infinite Paths 8 - Dragonfly, heavy damage, great feel.
5. Machina Dei 4 - Great sights and feel.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dei has High Cal rounds which is okay but unfortunately not as good as explosive payload. :D

Personally not a fan of ambitious assassin in general. Even less so on low RPM/aggressive weapons. But the gun in general feels good and it has a good sight so yea. That said, if you like Dei, you'll love Redrix. For purple pulses, I have:

1. Redrix Claymore - Already written enough about this. Laugh through PvE content as you mow everything down. Collect 7-12 kills/match in PvP with it while freeing up your exotic options for more fun stuff (read: not VW or GL).
/// large gap ///
2a. Inaugural Address - Next most versatile IMO. Buffs with rampage + kill clip make it great for PvE and PvP content
2b. Darkest Before - PvP 1-trick. Very good at that one trick.
3. Relentless - Previously my favorite kinetic aggressive in PvP. Headseeker is delicious and I love the sight/scope. Never really used it in PvE so I can't comment.
4. Infinite Paths 8 - Dragonfly, heavy damage, great feel.
5. Machina Dei 4 - Great sights and feel.
I think we rate things differently, as I'd put two separate categories; kinetics and energy since both each have different specs and damage modifiers for shields/health. I also rate for general utility and PvE focus so something with explosive or HCR is better than gimicky things like Redrixs or the Trials one's.

IMO, it's all about the scouts with The Purpose as number 1 right now. A MIDA as a legendary with even better sights and hipfire.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure what character flaws have to do with an average gun, I only said it was a trophy piece, and it was advertised as such from the start, to get people to play the desert that is Competitive.

Turkoop

Oct 25, 2017
Cologne, GERMANY

Tons of info from that Game Informer article https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/8vtdmj/game_informer_august_cover/e1qgg3j/

Selectable strikes! Only took them a year. The milestone changes sound interesting and I like what they're doing with the lore stuff.
awesome

Oct 27, 2017
While I've always thought each new destination should have it's own Court of Oryx/Archon's Forge type of dedicated event I'm speculating that Escalation Protocol or a similar event using the all-encompassing EP symbol is going to be the standard addition moving forward for destination expansions.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Any advice for someone jumping back in to the game for first time since release? Best way to increase light? Best place to quickly find a group for raids?

I beat the first raid once and then shelved the game but I think I'm ready to jump back in as some of the new content seems cool.