• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ryouji Gunblade

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
California
If the thread title could be long enough I'd go with "Discover the Adventure Behind the Greatest Mystery of Our Time."

I need Warmind stuff. And I need it now.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
Is it worth doing CoO's main quest at least?

I would say yes, just to unlock the Heroic Adventures, which are really challenging. CoO also has specific weapons associated with it that you have to grind artifacts and such to obtain (I don't think these will be available if you just have Warmind, not sure), if you are looking for a loot chase.

Deleted member 4541

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thats the wrong sword, Bungie.

latest

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Oh damn, just (finally) completed the campaign with my Hunter and got the selfie emote. First exotic emote lmao.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017
I'd recommend anyone coming back to finish CoO's campaign and get to the forge weapon grind. There are some great weapons in there.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
bye season 2!

it was nice doing that prestige raid lair, wasn't it? a great new twist on the already fun argos fight

oh wait...

JohnOfMars

Fighting Lion
Oct 25, 2017
Mars
More content, more weapons, more armor, more buffs (to Fighting Lion), more activities.

giphy.gif

Also, that rumored title Gods of Mars is gonna be real interesting since it's plural. We've got the Worm god and I wonder is that means that
Rasputin
is also one...

GustyGardens

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I hope I can make my sparrow look like the Outrun car in this new expansion. If I can't, I'll probably look for a way to get a refund.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New OT hype.

Seeing that giant worm in the new trailer activated my hype thrusters. I'm ready.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
So the Worm Gods really are just worms? I thought they had wings and big jaws and shit? (In response to the shots we see in the trailer)

I quite liked the voice acting and the tone in the trailer though - story is the only thing I care about so I am prepared for disappointment as this was pre-summit Bungie, we'll have to see how much they listened to the creators when the third DLC drops.

One thing I've been wondering... At the summit Bungie brought up a game mechanic/mode to the creators and they all said they hated it so Bungie said they've thrown it in the trash and then they asked for suggestions on what they want. My worry is this scraped idea is actually this big 'never seen in an FPS' game thing that they're revealing at E3 and Activison didn't let them scrap it. I'm sure the creators who were at the summit will speak up if that is the case come E3 though - it'd be a pretty shitty thing to do too, say they're scrapping this idea that was terrible just to bring it back and label it as almost this revolutionary thing.

EmptySpace

Oct 26, 2017
The last time we played, your Titan fell in to the abyss.....
That sounds about right for Cornbread's platforming prowess. I don't think he ever fell fighting Argos at least.

So the Worm Gods really are just worms? I thought they had wings and big jaws and shit? (In response to the shots we see in the trailer)

I quite liked the voice acting and the tone in the trailer though - story is the only thing I care about so I am prepared for disappointment as this was pre-summit Bungie, we'll have to see how much they listened to the creators when the third DLC drops.

One thing I've been wondering... At the summit Bungie brought up a game mechanic/mode to the creators and they all said they hated it so Bungie said they've thrown it in the trash and then they asked for suggestions on what they want. My worry is this scraped idea is actually this big 'never seen in an FPS' game thing that they're revealing at E3 and Activison didn't let them scrap it. I'm sure the creators who were at the summit will speak up if that is the case come E3 though - it'd be a pretty shitty thing to do too, say they're scrapping this idea that was terrible just to bring it back and label it as almost this revolutionary thing.

People played the new thing Bungie is hyping at the summit and they liked it. The thing people hated was something else.

EmptySpace

Oct 26, 2017
What if I told you it was during Argos?

Well he didn't the first time on Argos. I was really impressed! I mean we planted him in void and I told not to move until I told him to, but still he did have to jump some. I'm sure a place called Spire of the Stars will have plenty of platforming for him to really prove himself!

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Well he didn't the first time on Argos. I was really impressed! I mean we planted him in void and I told not to move until I told him to, but still he did have to jump some. I'm sure a place called Spire of the Stars will have plenty of platforming for him to really prove himself!

uggh, I swear if there are moving space ships, $hit is gonna get broken in my house.

SmartWaffles

Nov 15, 2017

It's not the big September thing. The bad idea was something literally just brought up less than a week before the summit, and it was gone because people at the summit didn't like it. The new mode was already in testing and was shown to the summit attendees and they seem really like it.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Haven't played in a long time so I will have a lot to do tomorrow, any idea how big the update is?

pants

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Its unclear. In one of the new lore dumps, the most senior Worm God, Yul, speaks:

Behold my majesty. Behold my crushing might, my staggering size, my scales that shine with an oppressive gleam.

Behold my wings, which create winds that sweep through the stars.

Xol seems to be lowest on the totem pole, and thus might not be indicative of what Yul looks like - a good example is how Crota doesn't look anything like Oryx.

Theres also a hefty amount of language in the Grimoire implying the Worm Gods are parallels to, if not literally, Ahamkara. I also love pointing out that worm and wyrm share the same etymological roots.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Guess I'll reinstall D2 on my PS4 tonight then. DLC1 didn't really hit for me (though the Raid Lair was great) so I'm cautiously optimistic that this gets me back into D2.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
That's like a virgin telling someone interested in sex that they aren't missing anything.

I played the raid before, it was one of my worst experiences of my life....2 hours I will never get back.

So, more like the person that has bad sex the first time and decides to enter a monastery LOL...but hey, the guy I was replying to...let's see how easy it is for him to find raid partners...9 months in and it's the only thing he hasn't done? 300 years for now Destiny 54 will still have no matchmaking.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
He's admitted as much. Doesn't do raids. Doesn't do PVP. Just does public events and I assume strikes. Basically over the clothes stuff.

Not true, specifically said I did the raids once, and I do the Crucible weekly challenge usually about once a month. I have also played the more serious PvP mode once or twice.

iFirez

Oct 25, 2017
England
It's not the big September thing. The bad idea was something literally just brought up less than a week before the summit, and it was gone because people at the summit didn't like it. The new mode was already in testing and was shown to the summit attendees and they seem really like it.
Ah right I didn't know if they got to see or hear about this new mode being revealed at E3... hopefully it's good and PvE focused. I know Warmind isn't the big TTK level expansion either but the new thing (never done in an FPS) shown at E3 is likely to come with DLC3 no? They'll probably announce that big expansion September DLC sat E3 too right?

Its unclear. In one of the new lore dumps, the most senior Worm God, Yul, speaks:

Xol seems to be lowest on the totem pole, and thus might not be indicative of what Yul looks like - a good example is how Crota doesn't look anything like Oryx.

Theres also a hefty amount of language in the Grimoire implying the Worm Gods are parallels to, if not literally, Ahamkara. I also love pointing out that worm and wyrm share the same etymological roots.
Very good point about Yul possibly looking grander and slightly different to Xol. Xol could also have taken damage in battle that were in familiar with and it's wings could have been clipped. What I do like is it seems like Xol is been setup in the main story along with Nokris but I hope neither of them are wasted or easy to kill because they're both Oryx/Crota tier villains.

Are we expecting DLC3 to be the big Taken King size expansion but featuring Fallen? I doubt it'd be Vex, Hive or Cabal at this point... unless triangle ships... but I think that's D3.