Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
For me the September release is going to be a fail if it doesn't include a new playable class, a complete reversal of the shader system, a massively improved skill tree setup, and contains a full raid.

Oct 27, 2017
For me the September release is going to be a fail if it doesn't include a new playable class, a complete reversal of the shader system, a massively improved skill tree setup, and contains a full raid.
You'll probably only get a raid from those requests.
Yeah it sucks. It's worse when you actually get a decent size group together. Then they all leave after failing once.

It's like really guys?
Yup:/
Or own area like Court of Oryx.
This could work too but I still ran into the same problem with Court of Oryx. Prison of Elders was the best for me, except the no matchmaking for higher difficulties.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere

A brand new class? Doubt that.

For me, I'll be in if it has a new enemy faction and a new subclass for each class along with revamped shaders, mods, and a full raid.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
One new subclass for each class? I could see it.
A totally new class? Noooooooo way. Like, just nope, not going to happen. Bungie can barely make items/models as it is and you want them to create armor sets from every current activity + new activities for an entirely new class?
Not gonna happen.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017

New class: Not going to happen. At best a new subclass.
Shader system: I doubt it.
Improved skill tree: Maybe.
Full raid: Yes.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I think im at the final step for the Sleeper Stimulant quest which is to complete "Perfected Form". Anyone else at this step and want to group up to get through it?

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I hope they let you mix and match nodes in the skill trees like before. Would love Hunter multi void anchors and keep invso dodge.

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
A brand new class? Doubt that.

For me, I'll be in if it has a new enemy faction and a new subclass for each class along with revamped shaders, mods, and a full raid.

And armor that actually has meaning. It's just fashion Destiny right now.

Ideally the entire PVP would get overhauled, but I realize it is what it is until D3.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I highly doubt a new class.
I doubt a new sublclass.
But a new tree in each subclass? I could see that.

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
A new class do wonders. Every type of mmo has done this as a way to really reignite games to keep longevity dating back to the 90s. Everyone loves to make a new character class and level it up.

So I think for the sake of this series to really excite people a new class would be smart

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
What's it matter if no one is there to begin with? They fail to populate zones and it's been that way since September 2014.

Plenty of people were there when I used to play it. It was fun. EP right now is way more frustrating especially since you don't get any rewards until the final wave.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Okay, I am at Xul in the last part of the ST quest, anyone need this quest or care to join to help me finish it?

On PS4 btw.

OP
OP
ImperatorPat

ImperatorPat

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Plenty of people were there when I used to play it. It was fun. EP right now is way more frustrating especially since you don't get any rewards until the final wave.
You do have a chance for the cosmetic rewards at wave 3 and 5 I believe?

Edit: Court of oryx was a lot easier than EP. will see how this goes as people level up I guess.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if they September campaign will focus on the mysterious ships at the end of the vanilla campaign or if they are saving that for the sequel

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Their engine must be truly awful if they can't figure out a way to allow fireteams of six to play together in one play area.

Thardin

Jan 7, 2018
Wonder if they September campaign will focus on the mysterious ships at the end of the vanilla campaign or if they are saving that for the sequel

They better not be saving that shit for a sequel. They really need to pull out all the stops for this fall update and reusing the same races as the big bad for anothe xpac just won't cut it imo.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
They better not be saving that shit for a sequel. They really need to pull out all the stops for this fall update and reusing the same races as the big bad for anothe xpac just won't cut it imo.

I've said the same thing quite a few times but people really think those ships aren't coming until D3.

I think it's fair to expect a new enemy race as TTK introduced one (some will argue the Taken are not a new race, but eh... I think it qualifies), but it might also be fair to expect whatever the stinger was at the end of D2's vanilla campaign would not be visited until the sequel.

Oct 26, 2017
I've said the same thing quite a few times but people really think those ships aren't coming until D3.

I think it's fair to expect a new enemy race as TTK introduced one (some will argue the Taken are not a new race, but eh... I think it qualifies), but it might also be fair to expect whatever the stinger was at the end of D2's vanilla campaign would not be visited until the sequel.

It'll be awoken based since the shot after Mars in that post credit scene is the reef, though Savuthun could also shown up to I suppose since the Dreadnought is before those ships. We'll probably get something Fallen based with maybe some evil Awoken mixed in.

If it ends up just being more Fallen it'll be disappointing, considering the Fallen got new behaviors/enemy types with Base D2 it's not like they weren't already changed.

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok but hear me out, what if they reuse the same enemies, but give them a reskin and some new attacks

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It'll be awoken based since the shot after Mars in that post credit scene is the reef, though Savuthun could also shown up to I suppose since the Dreadnought is before those ships. We'll probably get something Fallen based with maybe some evil Awoken mixed in.

If it ends up just being more Fallen it'll be disappointing, considering the Fallen got new behaviors/enemy types with Base D2 it's not like they weren't already changed.
This update gave us more lore on the exos, maybe next one will give us more on the awoken.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
I'm gonna go out on a positive limb here and say I think September might be a good one since VV seems to have done Warmind all on their own, feasibly leaving Bungie to work on Comet since CoO was finished.

Oct 26, 2017
This update gave us more lore on the exos, maybe next one will give us more on the awoken.

I'll be all for it if it does, I really liked the audio terminal you can find in the Hive Lost Sector. If Bungie puts way more of that stuff in game, it'll help negate some of the main campaign story issues they've been having and will probably continue to have.

I'm gonna go out on a positive limb here and say I think September might be a good one since VV seems to have done Warmind all on their own, feasibly leaving Bungie to work on Comet since CoO was finished.

I'd assume they've been working on it since Base D2 got content locked and or shipped, CoO probably wasn't that huge of a team.

Lord Brady

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How about a raid mechanic where we use emotes to taunt the boss and depending on the emote, different things can happen.
There was a guy on Destiny 1 I used to play with who was deaf and communicated with the rest of us via emote. It was very effective on Aksys. I wonder how he fares in the shadow realm on Callus.

Thardin

Jan 7, 2018
Ok but hear me out, what if they reuse the same enemies, but give them a reskin and some new attacks

I kind of like the Ice Hive, but they had better add more diversity than the few alterations they did for Warmind (which, I'm not complaining about Warmind being smaller changes, just expecting more from a bigger expansion).

It is really shaping up to be a Savathun/Taken expansion, but that really makes the teaser at the end of the vanilla story very frustrating. "Here's this big tease for the future, but first let's continue these other big story things for 2 years of DLC before we get to that in the next game." Why not just have the teaser/cliff hanger lead into the DLC and have the teaser/cliffhanger for D3 after the final D2 xpac?

PhaZe 5

Oct 27, 2017
Eh ideally they split PVP and PVE and give PVPers their "balanced, engaging experience" and let us go crazy in PVE

I like the idea of having to wear crucible gear and use crucible weapons in the crucible--but I'm a fan who loves the idea of needing a full set of gear for particular activities, or at least it being heavily beneficial to do so. You could use crucible exotics outside of the crucible, but not the opposite. That's probably going too far though.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Most zones are wastelands unless it's launch day of new content. It's a problem and Bungie clearly hasn't attempted to find a solution. I used to just sit in the zone for Court of Oryx and the Forge waiting for one person to run in and most of the time they never wanted to do it.

Bungie just needs to separate these activities and give them their own matchmaking. They've never worked outside of rare exceptions as intended in my experience.

I went to LFG to complete the Sleeper quest not because I couldn't find interested people, I couldn't find enough interested people.