• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dave.

Oct 27, 2017
If I've already done normal nightfall, does prestige nightfall drop another powerful loot from the chest at the end?

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Finally found a good instance with randoms and finished my three waves of EP. Now I just need to grind 21 more stems for my nodes.

Rat King

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
I think you're absolutely crazy to ask for a new class, it's not going to happen, literally zero chance. A new subclass, on the other hand..(please Bungo, please!!!)

In the Sleeper quest I'm at the part where I need to complete EP waves, have no clue how I'm going to do it, patrols seem to always be deserted, let alone be populated by another 5 people. Bungie, we really really need matchmaking for this, it's one of the coolest things in the expansion, don't lock most of the people out of it.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One of these days we're going to get a good 9 together who are all leveled up enough.

Damn demi that sucked.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
I cannot get an instance on Mars that has more than 5 people when I go to Roster, and the highest person I came across other than me was 355 :(

Pfroebbel

Oct 28, 2017
Today, alone:
  • Colony Catalyst
  • Jade Rabbit Catalyst
  • Crimson Catalyst
  • D.A.R.C.I Catalyst
  • and got the Braytech RWP MK. II, which goes hard in Crucible. Kinda like it over the JR.
nZwxflC.png

I still got not one Catalyst :(
I hate this RNG

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
Jesus just had two of the worst games of PVP imaginable.

Had guys on my team with .2 KDRs... That's including assists...

Why the fuck are there so many stacks of 4s running around, specifically when the update today was put in to clearly address stacks against solo players.

AlphaCookie

Nov 6, 2017
Washington
The escalation protocol boss this week is ridiculous. Not in a bad way or anything, but compared to last week we all certainly got put in our place. 2 hours of just eating it on Wave 7, only had a couple goes get him under half health before timing out. Those cursed thrall are just borderline unfair with how they detonate before loading in (probably due to the fact the game runs at roughly 1 frame per hour on base PS4 during a full escalation). Looks like Ward of Dawn might finally get some spotlight time too, it's been a long time old friend.

DeaDPooL_jlp

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Long shot but anyone need 1 for any portion of the raid on ps4? I am only LL 345 warlock but just looking to get over this hump so I can start leveling up.

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I don't even know how.a whole new class would be introduced? Maybe a darkness class ala the The followers of Yor??

The lore shenanigans that it will require will send byf, Myelin and Co into cardiac arrest.

Deleted member 18568

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Exotic dropped in the wild is still five points below my current average? Gtfo with that shit.

The end game grind is not fun. Just wanna play the raid but it'll be weeks at this point.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
I don't even know how.a whole new class would be introduced? Maybe a darkness class ala the The followers of Yor??

The lore shenanigans that it will require will send byf, Myelin and Co into cardiac arrest.

Really doubt we'll be getting a new class honestly.

Don't think we really need one either, definitely do think we need more class ability choices, and subclasses would be great.

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not exaggerating when I say this, but I might have one of the worst RNG luck.

So many hours and still not a single exotic masterwork, and the powerful engrams are dropping trash.

Pfroebbel

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not exaggerating when I say this, but I might have one of the worst RNG luck.

So many hours and still not a single exotic masterwork, and the powerful engrams are dropping trash.

Same here. I have done all Milestones last Week and almost all this Week and a Ton of Exploring on Mars....

I would really like to know how Bungies RNG Works. I can not just be totally Random. Some Clanmates have incredible Luck since ever in this Game.
Why cant they built a Bad Luck Streak in their RNG?

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
So decided to boot destiny 2, but having a bit of a hard time with the story missions. Atm level 315, and on the second mission (EDZ sigh).. Am I doing something wrong? Am I underleveled

RichieMythic

Oct 27, 2017
England, UK

The traveller has awoken and has decided to bestow the power of light unto all Guardians. Guardians everywhere have unlocked the "Light" subclass. UH OH THE DARKNESS GROWS, NOW WE GOT DARKNESS INFUSED ENEMIES.

Cheque please Bungie.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Do some public events, get your lvl to 30 and should drop power lvl gear up to 340

Ahh is level 30 the new cap?
Yeh didn't get much from 2 public events I did, hence the slight confusion too. Think it's gonna be a grind : not really in the mood. Booted the game for the first time after Curse of Osiris.. Just to check out the story. Let's see :)

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
I cannot get an instance on Mars that has more than 5 people when I go to Roster, and the highest person I came across other than me was 355 :(

Yep. I don't know what planet Bungie is on. Even if/ when all players are 385, how do they expect people to realistically beat Escalation Protocol? They obviously didn't test this at all or think through this enough. Even if the game managed to automatically populate the area with nine players, to capacity, what if all nine don't want to participate or want to play? How are a bunch of solo randoms, who aren't in a party together, without coordination and unoptimized loadouts supposed to progress and beat wave 7?

Once again, we're basically forced to join randoms, have them promote us to leader and boot them in order to invite our friends or desired players. It's such a shitty thing to do. I actually had to do it last night, for the first time, to some poor, unsuspecting kid. I felt bad, but what am going to do? It's Bungie's fault for enabling this shit, making us resort to such under handed methods to do Escalation Protocol efficiently. So that should be so simple and intuitive is totally fucked.

Come on.

Oct 27, 2017
Once again, we're basically forced to join randoms, have them promote us to leader and boot them in order to invite our friends or desired players. It's such a shitty thing to do. I actually had to do it last night, for the first time, to some poor, unsuspecting kid. I felt bad, but what am going to do? It's Bungie's fault for enabling this shit, making us resort to such under handed methods to do Escalation Protocol efficiently. So that should be so simple and intuitive is totally fucked.

Come on.
Wow, your exactly what's wrong with the community in Destiny. The game may have some issues but you just roll over anything or anyone to get what you want.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
I finally got around to beating the story last night and I have to say that the final 2 missions were pretty damn good; the Nokris and Worm fights . However, wait, that was it? That is what I was saying when it was over....

Whelp, no LL gains from any of that since I've already been raiding, but it's all good.

Wow, your exactly what's wrong with the community in Destiny. The game may have some issues but you just roll over anything or anyone to get what you want.

No, it's the way Bungie set that activity up. They need to fix it to make it work for the community. It feels poorly planned out for a high level activity to say the least.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Wow, your exactly what's wrong with the community in destiny. The game may have some issues but you just roll over anything or anyone to get what you want.

So suggest what I'm supposed to realistically do then...

Wait like a month for casual players to hit max light level and catch up? Yeah, not happening, obviously. Or what, deal with trying to hopelessly beat Escalation Protocol with five players who are AFK, doing other activities, don't know what to do, griefing or just have uncoordinated weapons and subclasses and, of course, far below the recommended level requirement? Wave 7 enemies are 400, you do know that, right?

Seriously, that's what you want me to do? Either don't play the game at all or continue to fail at wave 2 or 3, because that's basically what will happen. The game can't even populate areas to maximum capacity automatically. I know it's an awful and shitty situation. Do you think I like it? Of course not.

I was TASKED with doing that last night. First time I've personally had to. Usually others in my party do it because they have fewer hang ups about it and I refuse to do it. But I actually had to to get others in the instance. Me, I actually do feel bad about the entire thing. It sucks. So don't lecture me about "being what's wrong with the community". Do you have any idea how many people I've helped and instructed over the years in these games? Obviously not. So please, get off your high horse. Blame Bungie for their lack of forethought and their stupid ass system.

Again, what am I actually supposed to do. If you got a better solution, let us and Bungie know ASAP.

Last edited:

demi

Oct 27, 2017
You would think that but, nope it's pretty difficult. Plus, the guy is wasting his time if he is low level because

a) there is a possibility he wont even be able to damage enemies (400 light), meaning they cannot get credit for the kill and missing the drops
b) they do not have a cache key to get the chest at the end

All the groups I have been finding are resorting to ramming the boss off the ledge at Braytech with an interceptor LUL

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
You couldn't just bring the extra guy along with you? Even with two random other fireteam leaders, seven good people should be enough to do the EP.

You're assuming A) they even want to participate in EP at all B) they are the only random player in the area and C) they are properly geared and leveled for the activity.

Fireteams are limited to three players. If there's already four randoms, plus myself, that only leaves room for four more players. I'd have to hope that the randoms would actually bother to respond to my messages, then get in my chat, allow my friends to join and then convince them to do EP with us. And on top of that, again, that is also assuming they are at a reasonable level and properly geared, if we actually want to finish the activity.

Also, there are up to eight other people who need to get in the same instance. Not just two. It's such a clusterfuck, honestly.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
You would think that but, nope it's pretty difficult. Plus, the guy is wasting his time if he is low level because

a) there is a possibility he wont even be able to damage enemies (400 light), meaning they cannot get credit for the kill and missing the drops
b) they do not have a cache key to get the chest at the end

All the groups I have been finding are resorting to ramming the boss off the ledge at Braytech with an interceptor LUL

All of this too.

Someone at really low light will essentially be doing no damage. They wouldn't be contributing anything. It would be a carry and a detriment to everyone else. They'd get melted by enemies instantly. They might as well sit or dance and do nothing. How is that fair to the rest of us? Imagine if they got vanity and weapon drops. Holy shit...

Plus, as you said, if they don't have a cache key, they wouldn't get the armor drop at the end, assuming we actually beat the last boss. In that event, it would just be a waste of time.

It's so dumb.

Ninja Kn1ght

Oct 25, 2017
It's an event in a public space, if they don't want to do it, kicking them out of the game isn't the answer. I appreciate that we all want to do everything as soon as possible, but if we're acting selfishly and making other player's experience of the game worse, that's bad for the game and the community. Bungie have apparently stated that they intend EP to be doable by a fireteam of three high-level players. If that's not possible yet maybe the answer is to wait until you're better equipped.

Oct 27, 2017

Wait like a month for casual players to hit max light level and catch up? Yeah, not happening, obviously. Or what, deal with trying to hopelessly beat Escalation Protocol with five players who are AFK, doing other activities, don't know what to do, griefing or just have uncoordinated weapons and subclasses and, of course, far below the recommended level requirement? Wave 7 enemies are 400, you do know that, right?

Seriously, that's what you want me to do? Either don't play the game at all or continue to fail at wave 2 or 3, because that's basically what will happen. The game can't even populate areas to maximum capacity automatically. I know it's an awful and shitty situation. Do you think I like it? Of course not.

I was TASKED with doing that last night. First time I've personally had to. Usually others in my party do it because they have fewer hang ups about it and I refuse to do it. But I actually had to to get others in the instance. Me, I actually do feel bad about the entire thing. It sucks. So don't lecture me about "being what's wrong with the community". Do you have any idea how many people I've helped and instructed over the years in these games? Obviously not. So please, get off your high horse. Blame Bungie for their lack of forethought and their stupid ass system.

Again, what am I actually supposed to do. If you got a better solution, let us and Bungie know ASAP.
Yeah wait it out then. Stop acting like finishing the actively gives you or anyone else in your group the ok to do anything to get that done. No matter whomever you run over.

Deleted member 2321

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's an event in a public space, if they don't want to do it, kicking them out of the game isn't the answer. I appreciate that we all want to do everything as soon as possible, but if we're acting selfishly and making other player's experience of the game worse, that's bad for the game and the community. Bungie have apparently stated that they intend EP to be doable by a fireteam of three high-level players. If that's not possible yet maybe the answer is to wait until you're better equipped.

This. I honestly don´t get the rush.

Like I have no interest to even try the new lair while I´m 20 levels underleveled.

TyrantII

Oct 25, 2017
Boston

Yup. Don't do that. If bungie took bans seriously that be bannable.

You can ask for others to help you invite and leave. But tricking them and being shitty isnt very cool at all.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2321

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep. I don't know what planet Bungie is on. Even if/ when all players are 385, how do they expect people to realistically beat Escalation Protocol? They obviously didn't test this at all or think through this enough. Even if the game managed to automatically populate the area with nine players, to capacity, what if all nine don't want to participate or want to play? How are a bunch of solo randoms, who aren't in a party together, without coordination and unoptimized loadouts supposed to progress and beat wave 7?

Come on.

Pretty disgusting.

Bungie should keep an eye on such behavior and ban if necessary.

Wait like a month for casual players to hit max light level and catch up?

That is exactly what you are supposed to do.