• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
This was datamined by Ginsor on the Destiny reddit.
  • The primary thing here seems to be a new themed Eververse box with a bunch of red items inside it. There's no armor this time, but the rest of the stuff from The Dawning is here.
  • There also seems to be a Crucible Doubles mode and a Crucible Sudden Death mode, presumably a la Crucible gaining Mayhem for The Dawning.
  • Tyra Karn gives you something as well, which I assume is the equivalent of the The Dawning token that gave shader drops and the like to everyone in a Crucible match or Strike.
  • In general it sounds like it works like The Dawning, if that's not clear.
  • The poster notes that this was in the game before The Dawning came out, so it might be changed based on feedback from that event, but as it stands, this seems like what was being planned at least.
Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe...oiler_crimson_days_event_spoiler_ui_graphics/

Content:

hNdLm2i.png

n1JhBRb.jpg

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
If you are going to bring back doubles, can yah bring back 6 v 6 too Bungie? Please?

Overall pretty dull sounding.

Poutine

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So basically a re-skin of the Dawning event. Yeah, that won't bring me back to Destiny.

edgefusion

Oct 27, 2017
I have to assume this is going to change based on feedback and how wildly unpopular The Dawning was. Also not a fan of tying events to PvP, as someone who doesn't usually do the Crucible weekly milestone I kind of resent ever having to do it.

Atish

Nov 1, 2017
I'm sure its gonna be like the last event where you can't grind for the event-only eververse boxes.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Meh. I don't care. I'll be back for the next expansion, beat the story and then play for 5-6 hours and that's it - for the next expansion. It's fun, but loot is too boring for me to care.

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Zzzzzzz

All I care about is Prestige Eater of Worlds. When people like me, Grave Robber and Ruthless are bored and have moved on, y'all know you fucked up.

OP
OP
Nirolak

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure how much we were supposed to expect from a Valentines Day event...
So they actually did used to have a bit more story tied in to these events, and romance among their characters isn't something they really looked at in the general universe yet.

Like in the first game, The Dawning brought the Sparrow Racing League, and there was a lot tied to that in terms of why it exists and expanding on Amanda Holliday as a person.

Here it's just bringing back an old PvP mode and handing out some red colored items and skins.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lazy reskins so they can sell more lootboxes. These are so obviously not events made for players as they're events made for EA. I can't help but be bothered by that kind of transparency.

Whatever. I'll log in to get my free lootbox and then log right off like I did with the Dawning.

Xero

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully this all changes based on the feedback Bungie got during the lackluster Dawning event, but more than likely we wont see any significant changes til the bigger expansion in the fall.

TwoCoins

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Houston Tx
There should be an exotic glorified fetch quest where you go to all the planets to get a bouquet of alien flowers and some chocolate for Zavala to give to Ikora.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Yeah, I doubt we will see this one, another event based on MTX is the last thing the game needs right now.

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Crimson Days was horrible last year (except for chocolate shell), I have no doubt this will be worse.

Shoes

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If this event truly remains as Eververse-centric as it looks I think the Destiny subreddit may explode

Last edited:

edgefusion

Oct 27, 2017
Lazy reskins so they can sell more lootboxes. These are so obviously not events made for players as they're events made for EA. I can't help but be bothered by that kind of transparency.

Whatever. I'll log in to get my free lootbox and then log right off like I did with the Dawning.

It's published by Activision, not EA. The other evil publisher.

GraveRobberX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
spendgame is here to stay

you know that new raid, where you got a grand total of TWO new weapons? can't put too much stuff in there because there is no extra money to be made

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
Good move by by Bungie here. Now is definitely the time to double down on limited time events as a guise to move lootboxes filled with low-effort reskins as a quick cash grab.

If they can match the quality of the Dawning guests (collect 5 blue planetary materials), this could really turn things around.

Deleted member 14002

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played since before hard mode raid launch. Games uninstalled and will be staying uninstalled until I see something of value. Probably not touching it again.

EA don't fuck up Anthems launch. You can have this whole genre to yourself.

DXLelouch24

Oct 28, 2017
I haven't played since before hard mode raid launch. Games uninstalled and will be staying uninstalled until I see something of value. Probably not touching it again.

EA don't fuck up Anthems launch. You can have this whole genre to yourself.
I honestly have lost all faith in Anthem at this point
Seems every week Jim puts up a vid on whatever bullshit EAs pulled this time

Deleted member 14002

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I honestly have lost all faith in Anthem at this point
Seems every week Jim puts up a vid on whatever bullshit EAs pulled this time
I don't want to derail the thread (especially on page one).

I'm sure they'll manage to botch it in some way. I just think it's really dumb considering current market outrage, especially at the direct competition to your new IP that you killed mass effect for.

If you want to chat more about this my inbox is open.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Might return if they did something like 2v2 Trials.
But don't really care much for these Eververse events.

Lamptramp

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Like an idiot I bought the deluxe edition (including season pass) and I already fell out of love with the game, along with my small group of guildmates before the expansion and "Dawning" happened. Neither of which have made us want to jump back in and frankly this looks like more of the same. I suspect given Bungie have all been off on holidays there's little to no time for this (if true) to be altered vs the Dawning and therefore the best one could expect at the moment is maybe some small increase in engram droprate.

Cels "Spendgame" is the perfect phrase for it. I seem to have missed that, kudos to whomever coined it :)

DXLelouch24 (without wishing to derail either) My expectations for Anthem were already quite low, post BFII and Destiny 2 though and I've passed through ambivalence into the calm pools of hyper apathy. :)

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently the first thing you do is go talk to Tess at the eververse.

Fuck any event related to the eververse. I'm done with this random loot box shit. It's getting fucking out of hand and if anthem has any of this shit they can fuck right off.

Do what ac origins did. Sell mc's if you want but don't shove it in our faces. The store is there but it doesn't force me to go there as a part of gameplay.

If I want a cool sword or what not I can buy it. None of this random chance bullshit.

Getting fucking sick of the game industry lately and it seems like the only ones not doing this predatory bullshit is Nintendo:

irishonion

Oct 25, 2017
Man, if this is still built around eververse like dawning which was designed for you to want to buy loot boxes if you wanted full sets of armor. Only getting free engrams on one character.. I just dunno man, I enjoy the game and they are free events but... I just dunno.

Oct 27, 2017
I miss Destiny a ton but it's still not enough to get me to play D2 for more than maybe a half hour. I can't even describe what the issue actually is. But I CAN tell you that this is another event that won't do much to change my mind :-/

Hawkeye 131

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I shudder at the thought of another MTX-heavy event like the Dawning happening again with Crimson Days. The community's already in full-blown thermo-nuclear meltdown mode to begin with and unless Bungie makes a drastic and hard pivot with how they implement/execute these live events it won't end well at all. It's hard to imagine things getting worse than they already are.

Solid Shake

Oct 28, 2017
Wow, look how padded this is with useless sparrows and ghost designs.

How many times can you make a design and recolor one part slightly differently Bungie?

It's so blatantly obvious at just bloating the loot pool that it's just sad.

GraveRobberX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, this wasn't exactly a bold prediction to make after the Dawning.

Yeah I know, but you would think the optics of this being known now will feed into the hate and also make those jaded players feel even more remorseful

We got Thursday for a preemptive TWAB that might shine a different light that this event might shift to more tolerable and understanding Bungie, but I'm not gonna hold my breath

Shoes

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I know, but you would think the optics of this being known now will feed into the hate and also make those jaded players feel even more remorseful

We got Thursday for a preemptive TWAB that might shine a different light that this event might shift to more tolerable and understanding Bungie, but I'm not gonna hold my breath

Yeah, this week's TWAB has a LOT to cover, but I'm not too optimistic about them addressing the myriad issues sufficiently.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
They say it's for Valentine's but it looks to me like it can double as Chinese New Year as well.

And that one is all about the red packets.

Deleted member 2171

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully it's the actual crimson doubles game type from the D1 event. It made doubles actually fun to play.

Strangely, it's the only game mode you can't play in customs for D1