Arukado

Oct 27, 2017
A pity, but the game just doesn't feel well thought out.
the gameplay loops is just not fun.
These. No only is barebones in terms of content, but the gameplay loop is just not fun (it feels like the game mechanics were mashed together hoping that they would work). I think i played 3 rounds and uninstalled it afterwards.

And i am not surprised, because the game had bomba written all over from the start.

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
These. No only is barebones in terms of content, but the gameplay loop is just not fun (it feels like the game mechanics were mashed together hoping that they would work). I think i played 3 rounds and uninstalled it afterwards.

And i am not surprised, because the game had bomba written all over from the start.
Tbh I think the concept had promise but they totally missed the mark on execution. They needed to lean into the cars having a good physics system at the very least but it feels absolutely awful. Everything on foot was too barebones to be included. Game needed more time and a bit more ambition.

Lys Skygge

Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
This game has a really good foundation, and I enjoyed the couple of hours I put into it, but it didn't have much to keep me going.

Fdkn

Oct 25, 2017
Spain
I had my fun with the game and got the platinum, but it never seemed like a game that would have a long lasting community.

Waggle_free

Feb 21, 2018
It's really pretty and cool game. But 5-minute matchmaking is just not acceptable. Bots or any way to bypass waiting times could have saved the game, though now I'm afraid it's too late.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Also as for this game, it's not just a lack of content letting it down. The gameplay is shallow as fuck.

Honestly Sony should let Lucid have a go at the Twisted Metal IP. Prior to Destruction All Stars they made Switch Blade which has much better, and much more in-depth gameplay than DAS.
Yeah, there is simply no reason to stick with the game

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
Last edited:

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
I played the tutorial and a match and was done.

I think it's a well made game, it makes really good use of the haptics on the DualSense, it looks great... but it's just not very engaging.

Sony have two franchises - Destruction Derby and Twisted Metal - that, on name alone, may have been enough to get some old school people on board with. Instead they opted for a new franchise, that's very like a toned down Twisted Metal with "Destruction" in the title.

Everything about it is, honestly, sterile.

DarrenM

Oct 28, 2017
It goes far beyond just sustaining a player count. It helps ease people into multiplayer experiences by first offering them a safer environment to get more familiar with the game first, before jumping into the real thing.

Campaign mode confirmed for BF6, thanks Elnarie, the Spaghetti is on me.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Character design and animations are great but the gameplay was really unsatisfying for me. Arenas are tiny for a game with car combat and even then its kind of a pain to ram into people. The abilities felt a little buggy too.

I think I would have preferred it if the game was more like that old cartoon Wacky Races. They could have started or ended the races on foot if they wanted to incorporate that aspect of the game and differentiate themselves from Kart racers.

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
Character design and animations are great but the gameplay was really unsatisfying for me. Arenas are tiny for a game with car combat and even then its kind of a pain to ram into people. The abilities felt a little buggy too.

I think I would have preferred it if the game was more like that old cartoon Wacky Races. They could have started or ended the races on foot if they wanted to incorporate that aspect of the game and differentiate themselves from Kart racers.
There was actually a survey they sent out privately recently and one of the major features they floated in it was a new racing gameplay mode! Probably not a short-term feature (if ever) but I do hope it happens!

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
Such a shame to hear this. It looks fun. Maybe they should consider releasing it on PC and enabling crossplay to lure in more players. It being a PS5 exclusive probably isn't helping because of the lack of stock and everything.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Such a shame to hear this. It looks fun. Maybe they should consider releasing it on PC and enabling crossplay to lure in more players. It being a PS5 exclusive probably isn't helping because of the lack of stock and everything.
They should just consider releasing it on PS4 tbh. Nothing about the game seems impossible on last gen.

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
I was really looking forward to this game but I didn't like the controls and the matches are too chaotic for me. I gave up pretty quickly. It's a shame as the ideas behind it are solid and I like the graphics, I just couldn't enjoy the moment to moment gameplay.

IMCaprica

Aug 1, 2019
Feels bad, honestly. There's such a cool idea there, and I enjoyed what they put out. There's just not enough. Obviously, I don't know what the development was like, but they probably could've scrapped several modes if it meant focusing on quantity of things to unlock.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I'm still mindblown that out of all Sony's games this one wasn't cross-gen. You would think that if you have a multiplayer game which will rely on sustaining a big active playerbase that's the one you make cross-gen, but nah for some unexplainable reason someone thought going PS5 exclusive was a smart idea.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
Bots are great option to have, I still remember when cod used to have them, they even had lan support back then.

Actual bots in games is something I'm more familiar with in mobile games. It's also a good option, as it let's players learn the game at their own pace.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Every game needs to have bots in online / training modes / whatever. And I'm saying this as someone that mostly works on games that don't do that. :D

It goes far beyond just sustaining a player count. It helps ease people into multiplayer experiences by first offering them a safer environment to get more familiar with the game first, before jumping into the real thing.

(I don't know if this game had this already, never had any interest in it to check.)
Agreed with this. I have no comments on this particular game or it's health though.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if I'm the only one who hates the character designs / aesthetics of this game and was turned off by it.

maxresdefault.jpg

I can't tolerate these...I dunno...Always Smirking, Colorful, WACKY character designs. I guess its because its how Fortnite looks?

Last edited:

JhOnNY_HD

Dec 13, 2020
The worst PS5 platinium so far me.

The game is so broken that even boosting with players in line the trophys dont pop.

To many desing flaws to save the game TBH

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was under the impression that bots were a fairly common thing in online games.

Did they actually say that they were adding them due to low player count?

Simon-chan

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Hopefully Sony will choose better partnerships in the future.

I wonder if I'm the only one who hates the character designs / aesthetics of this game and was turned off by it.

maxresdefault.jpg

I can't tolerate these...I dunno...Always Smirking, Colorful, WACKY character designs. I guess its because its how Fortnite looks?
PlayStation's Bleeding Edge.

May 14, 2021
Thats good news, not every game will be Rocket League or Fortnite.
Its averaging around zero streams a day on Twitch. You're right that not every game will be huge, but not every game will bomb as hard as this one did either. Bots are a necessary addition since no one is playing it, most likely too late though.

I was under the impression that bots were a fairly common thing in online games.

Did they actually say that they were adding them due to low player count?
They are. Even hugely popular games like Tetris 99 and PAC Man 99 use them to fill out a match.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I mean, all things considered, the paid online is here justified, because the bots actually consume resources from Sony servers.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Sony this is they type of game you throw at PC gamers and get some bonus points. Lol

In seriousness, can we still get the platinum with bots? I want to work on that and then delete this game lol.

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya

maxresdefault.jpg

I would say it's more inspired by hero shooters and the like, rather than Fortnite. That being said, they're really charismatic in motion!

Oct 27, 2017

maxresdefault.jpg

They have a lot of parallels to Apex Legends and some Overwatch too. I hate this aesthetic personally. The dodgeball game is like that too for me.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
They have a lot of parallels to Apex Legends and some Overwatch too. I hate this aesthetic personally. The dodgeball game is like that too for me.
I don't like a majority of the Knockout City character faces, but at least everything is customizable and there's even headgear that's unlocked.

IneptEMP

Jan 14, 2019

maxresdefault.jpg

The hyper-colorful Dreamworks smirk character design is definitely reaching a saturation point

similar to the grey bald space marine of yesteryear

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY

maxresdefault.jpg

Half are ok at best. The rest are just so bad.

Reminds me of ON-RUSH, another game with horrible character design. Gameplay is more fun though I'll say.

These companies need to stop trying hard with the designs.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I stopped playing because there was no music during matches. Felt weirdly empty

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
1. Why was this exclusive to PS5? Should've been cross-gen.
2. Why isn't it just F2P at this point? Do they have enough customization options through micro transactions to enable it?
3. Is there any specific reason why its not biting any players?

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It is a fun game when you have 16 people but it gets boring very fast if you don't have a full group.

I don't expect the servers to stay open more than a few years. Sony has had a lot of hits over the past couple of years but this one is a dud.

Oct 27, 2017
It's beyond dumb that they only made it free on PS+ for two months while no one was able to get their hands on a PS5. Would try it out for free but definitely not paying 20 bucks for it.
I didn't realise it wasn't included in PS+ any more.
Maybe that news did the rounds and I missed it.

Making it a PS+ inclusion seemed like such a smart move. I don't understand the logic in trying to charge $20 after the fact.

Spork4000

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
1. Why was this exclusive to PS5?
2. Why isn't it just F2P at this point? Do they have enough customization options through micro transactions to enable it?
3. Is there any specific reason why its not biting any players?

1. Sony made it, I know, not a big reason in modern day, but if they say it can't be done on PS4 I'll believe them even if I don't see it.

2. no earthly idea.

3. It isn't very good and constantly tries to get you to put more money in it in a world where there are literally half a dozen other games trying to get that same persistent revenue.

Jun 23, 2019
Doesn't surprise me, it's a bad game.

Thank God it was given away for free

lol Holy shit. No wonder devs hate interacting with this forum. You can not like the game, but hot takes like these just feed into the narrative that gamers are entitled manchildren.

I remember the State of Play thread here. People were acting like it was the next big thing and the game looked like ass.

Lol What kind of revisionist history is this? It honesty seem like some of y'all are almost gloating about this situation.