• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
Great job on the part of the development team. Now I await more David Cage hate posts and someone asking why a game going gold is worth celebrating.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I forgot Detroit is releasing soon. Have not even really started on GoW yet.

Last edited:

Darth Smurf X

Oct 25, 2017
Hoth, WI
If it's the Connor demo, I'll give it a try since that whole plot has been spoiled already. I'd like to see how this game will play and practice that one scenario so I can get it just right for when the full game releases.

Evergarden

Oct 25, 2017
The graphics looks absolutely stunning. I was planning to buy it when it becomes $30 but I might buy it in Day 1 if I like the demo.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Great that that's a demo! I sometimes interpret that as a team feeling confident in their product that they want to share a piece of it before the full product launches.

BoJack

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
giphy.gif

J.R. Ewing

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Yoknapatawpha
If you finish the demo, do you have to re-play that part when you get the full game? Or does progress carry over? I'll just wait if you have to re-play it.

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The impressions from the two French websites are rather good.

Both laud the amount and transparency of the choices, the graphics being amazing (their presentation is on Pro @4K according to the article), and the characters are very well defined.

The cons are few and far between, with some cliches in the story being mentionned (but again contrasted with very well written characters), and the demo being relatively short and including the begining for all 3 characters it is felt that they didn't have enough time to see if the story as a whole has coherence, and it felt like the game was really starting when they had to stop.

Both definitely want to play more.

Deleted member 5727

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you finish the demo, do you have to re-play that part when you get the full game? Or does progress carry over? I'll just wait if you have to re-play it.

Undoubtedly you'd have to replay it in the main game. There would be gameplay decisions that occur before the demo segment that would need to be factored in.

Gurish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Mar 20, 2018
Am I the only one who feels like it's gonna be a stealth release and bomb? I don't feel the hype and marketing at all.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Here's hoping the Demo has Pro enhancements too so I can get a proper feel for what the final game will look like.

Looking forward to the DF/NXGamer/VGTech pieces.

galv

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This isn't a direct comment to this news, but it's crazy to me that every time I see Quantic Dream's name now I roll my eyes. They used to be top tier...

Syncro

Oct 27, 2017
Press X to demo or O to continue blackout?

As a big Heavy Rain fan I'm buying this game day one and going to try and resist playing the demo tempting as it may be.

Gurish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Mar 20, 2018
David Cage is a hack, but this seems interesting enough. Will wait for reviews.

This isn't fair and he doesn't deserve such treatment and attitude, even if he could improve some aspects in his games, he still did a lot of things right and he deserves more respect as a creator. I don't like this kind of language towards people who are passionate and with good intentions, even if they fail sometimes.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
is the Hostage Situation exactly the same in the game? if yes i have no interest... i mean, we have seen this for 2 years, now it`s in a demo you can play and again in the full game? too much Hostage Situation... .-)

edit: i see, it´s in the full game too...no demo for me i guess

G_O

Oct 28, 2017
Think it is still very much a game I will wait until all reviews are out

I do not see it offererng the same impact as Heavy Rain

Oct 27, 2017
Nice. Loved Heavy Rain and thought Beyond was great too. Really excited for this.

Same here! I need to play Beyond soon, so hopefully they do a sale soon on the PS4 versions.

This is a attempt at building good-will and deflecting audience attention from their attempts to suppress the press, plain and simple. (Context: https://kotaku.com/detroit-developer-quantic-dream-sues-french-media-over-1825453518)

Nerver fails, lol.

Or maybe it's the publisher and developer following a pre-established marketing plan?

And this.

Deleted member 16365

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
QD's games are usally really good. Don't always agree with some of the choices made (who the killer was in HR, alien thing from IP) but you can't argue that their games are at least trying something new.

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
QD games have some really good parts, but as a whole they're usually pretty mediocre. Both Heavy Rain and Beyond although not great games are definitely worth playing because of this.

psilocybe

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to it!
I loved Heavy Rain, despite that thing. Beyond was kinda meh, maybe due to being a choice-based game told in a non-linear way, which is really weird if think about it.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to it!
I loved Heavy Rain, despite that thing. Beyond was kinda meh, maybe due to being a choice-based game told in a non-linear way, which is really weird if think about it.

They wrote themselves into a corner with beyond. There was a lot of good stuff but the non chronological story telling ruined the scope of the branching and choices.

Seems like Detroit is a direct answer to that shortcoming.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
I was not expecting a demo but I think I am getting it no matter what so I think I might skip it. Too much God of War to play right now.

Anyway, I hope it ends up doing well.

Ivellios

Oct 27, 2017