• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's kinda rare for PS4 exclusive games to be under embargo 24H before the release, right ?

Maxime

Oct 27, 2017
I have little interest for the game, but I am still really curious to see how the game will be received. Still hoping the best for the devs, despite all the controversies surrounding the studio and its management.

Btw, anyone has an idea of what's next for Quantic Dream? We can assume they'll sign again with SONY?

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Sony isn't quite as confident about this game then, with reviews only hitting a day before. But I can see it doing well, based on the demo. The game is incredibly polished visually.

As with all QD games, it will be a love it or hate it scenario.

ebsy

Feb 25, 2018
I'm looking forward to it but I'm not too keen on the embargo only lifting a day before release. I can't help but feel a little suspicious when publishers do this.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
It's kinda rare for PS4 exclusive games to be under embargo 24H before the release, right ?

This is a good reference post...

Sony is really random when it comes to exact embargo dates, but they definetly are set according to their rough expectations most of the time. Here is a recent list:
  • God of War (94 Meta): 8 days before release
  • Gran Turismo Sport (75 Meta): 0 days (launch date embargo)
  • Uncharted: The Lost Legacy (84 Meta): 5 days
  • Horizon Zero Dawn (89 Meta): 8 days
  • Uncharted 4 (93 Meta): 5 days
  • Until Dawn (79 Meta): 1 day
  • The Order: 1886 (63 Meta): 1 day
  • Beyond: Two Souls (70 Meta): 0 days (launch date embargo)
So if the embargo is on launch date it doesn't seem likely it will score above 80 in any scenario. If it's 1 day prior it can score anywhere between mediocre or decent/good like Until Dawn. If it's like 3-4 days we can definetly expect 80+.

5-8 days like Uncharted, Horizon and God of War is already pretty much out of the question since review copies would have needed to have arrived by now (which I can't find any indication of). They usually arrive 7 days before the embargo lifts, so if they arrive by Wednesday it's a good sign, otherwise it's either bad or a complete crapshoot since Sony is not sure how reviewers will react (perhaps due the controversy).

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
80-85 is a safe zone for quantic games pretty much so that'll be my guess, probably 85 or so, would be surprised if it hit 87+

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
I haven't even gotten my copy yet... hopefully that means it's in my mailbox.

Edit: No copy in my mailbox, I know they sent one. Been waiting for it for the last week or so, usually they're good about sending games in advanced so I'm not sure what's taking so long. Hopefully sometime this week!

Any other reviewers here got their copy?

Last edited:

Xer0

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised anyone's expecting a high score.

I'm really looking forward to it, but, critics will be out for blood on this game.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Guessing 82. I don't think people are enamored with David Cage so this game will really need to stand strong on its own, and I just don't think the writing will be there consistently.

Deleted member 41931

User requested account closure
Apr 10, 2018
Going with 82. While this seems like it will be one of Cage's better games, general opinion has definitly soured on him and his talent.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
Mid 70s.

I'd say that's about right for a Quantic Dream game. As much as I enjoy them, I know they're not everyone's cup of tea.

Daimon

Chief Editor at ZWAME
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Sony isn't quite as confident about this game then, with reviews only hitting a day before. But I can see it doing well, based on the demo. The game is incredibly polished visually.

As with all QD games, it will be a love it or hate it scenario.

Maybe, but is also possible that they want to avoid the appearance of too many spoilers before the release date, something that was a big problem with God of War.

KayonXaikyre

Oct 27, 2017
Heavy Rain's new meta on PS4 is 78 down from 87 on PS3 which is kind of weird, but it seems it didn't age well. If this is better than Heavy Rain, it will probably be mid 80s but if it is somehow worse, it might end up a lot lower. I think it personally looks interesting, but when I've seen it in presentations it seemed that it might be kind of boring. I still want to try it / watch it on twitch to see if it's any good to buy. I'm interested in these reviews and more so just more footage.