• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gonzito

Banned
Apr 5, 2022
Spain
d7e55f1cfeb9990addbeb5badae0789952e37d30d02b323dd98945d32ab62f23.jpg

This game is awesome

I am replaying it and I can't believe how immersive and deep the gameplay is and honestly, it has aged extremely well. The art style is timeless, its a very pretty game in general

There are so many path ways to discover, places to explore, thousand of details in every corner. It really shows that you don't need a huge open world to make a map interesting and engaging. I really love how every corner of Prague has something interesting to tell, a character to talk to that really helps reinforce the situation of the world in the game

The story and dialogues are great too, I love Elias Toufexis as Adam, he is so charismatic and charming. And the delivery is so good in general for most characters. I really love the infiltration as well, is very polished and you really feel like a spy entering in enemy territory hiding in corners and sneaking with the third person camera corner view. Its honestly one of the best stealth games out there

The level of freedom while playing is great and the music and sound is just incredible. Michael McCann is a genius. Entering the Task Force 29 building with that music theme in the background was a memorable experience, it reminded me to Unatco theme from the original

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6Nmbn-vl8o&t=1601s&ab_channel=GamingAmbience

God I love this game, I know at this point I am just rambling but I miss Adam and I miss Deus Ex

I hope some day this franchise come back

And honestly if you haven't play it, please do it, its worth it,and the dlcs are among the best out there, specially a criminal past.

Cheers

Edit: Fuck Square Enix for killing this franchise

heressomenew_1518883b.jpg

MV5BMGYyMGYzODAtMzRmMy00YzgxLTlkZDEtODA0MDNlYTk4ZTYzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjQzMzI4ODk@._V1_.jpg

MV5BZDE4MTRkOWQtZDMzYi00ZjdkLWI1ZjAtY2VlNjdmZDRlOWI0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjQzMzI4ODk@._V1_.jpg

Deus-Ex-Mankind-Divided-4K-PS4-Pro.jpg

719793.jpg

cAJGdudUiBVqb7Wo23BdeD-1920-80.jpg.webp

Last edited:

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I absolutely loved it. Jensen is such a badass character.
The gameplay was much improved over HR, but I enjoyed HR more because the atmosphere, story + music was better.

Also I missed the piss filter

Rusty Jacket

Sep 11, 2023
MD is a great game full of rich detail in its hub world. You hardly get games set in Prague/Eastern European as well, I feel this game got looked down too upon due to being mainly in this location for the whole game. It was a marvel exploring all this area and how side quests and other narrative cores worked through out each act evolving around Jensen.

You also had to do some good decent role playing/investigating to really do well than just straight up going to point A and B. The characters and scenario deserves high praise, Mary DeMarle and her team deserves recognition.

I just hope we get to see Adam's journey continue and fully wrap up than a total reboot or whatever is going to happen next.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I loved HR, but never got around to this one despite owning it. One day I will dig in, as it look great.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
Totally underrated. Even with the extremely ham-fisted and bad writing and the fairly limp ending, I managed to love it. That's how good the world design was!

Visually it was a feast, and the level of honeycombing and interconnection in the main hub was really some crazy stuff. Mega-dense in the best way possible, just great.

Androidsleeps

Oct 27, 2017
Yes! Amazing game that manages to mix in a great story/characters with proper immersive sim gameplay. Still hoping for a third installment from Eidos.

LimeTime

Jul 17, 2023
Would have been an almost perfect Immersive Sim if there was a bit more to the end of the game. It just ended so incredibly abruptly. I was totally shocked. It was seriously a Halo 2-type situation IMO.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
I need to go back and finish this game. I loved the short bit I played. Life distractions took me away from gaming when I started this game, and I didn't go back when I resuming playing again.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes it is.

I just hope we one day will see the conclusion of Jensen's story. The hints this game has about the overarching story of him are mindblowing.

ArcLyte

Nov 1, 2017
It's an absolutely awesome game. I love Human Revolution and Mankind Divided both so much.

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
It's a terrific game.

I'm always surprised at the complaints about the abruptness of the ending given that, despite a relatively weak second act break, I thought it was telegraphed pretty heavily when the game was in third act territory, with stuff like the increased police presence and shutdown metro. Obviously the main story is nothing to write home about, but I found it to be completely serviceable given the outstanding gameplay and play space to explore.

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
I need to play it properly. HR is one of my all time favourites and hold up really well to the original.

But I played HR so much doing the achievements I got totally burnt out on this type of game.

Rusty Jacket

Sep 11, 2023
Yes it is.

I just hope we one day will see the conclusion of Jensen's story. The hints this game has about the overarching story of him are mindblowing.

The whole
clone
conspiracy given what you find and discussion with other characters and Eliza? Ah man, all the beats and conversations around all this with the incredible score by Michael McCann was certainly special.

Rusty Jacket

Sep 11, 2023

Exist 2 Inspire

Powered by Friendship™
Apr 19, 2018
Germany
Great game, played through it multiple times. Shame it looks like Deus Ex is dead, i need and want a Jensen resolution so bad...

OP
OP
Gonzito

Gonzito

Banned
Apr 5, 2022
Spain
youtu.be

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided OST HD - 21: The Red Queen

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is the direct sequel of the critically acclaimed masterpiece Deus Ex: Human Revolution, released in 2011. The games' soundtrack is o...

youtu.be

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided OST HD - 06: Adam's Safehouse

After the catastrophic events of the 'Aug-Incident' in 2027, mankind is divided. A new form of Apartheid has risen, separating "Naturals" from "Hanzers" - hu...

Had to shout out the music <3

The soundtrack is so fucking good man

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Human Revolution and Mankind Divided are a spectacular back-to-back set of games. There's really nothing else out there that I've played that's had the same vibe and gameplay.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The whole
clone
conspiracy given what you find and discussion with other characters and Eliza? Ah man, all the beats and conversations around all this with the incredible score by Michael McCann was certainly special.
Yes, it blew my mind when people started learning about what's in the vault, linking that to the comments some characters make, the intro video having a massive foreshadowing character in it...

Man, Eidos Montreal was building something cool, it's a shame Square Enix were like "we want a multimedia franchise" and fucked it all up.

oofouchugh

Oct 29, 2017
Night City
Game is great but suffers from such a god damn boring protagonist. I could tolerate Jensen through Human Revolution but a second game with him was rough. Game actually would have been significantly better with a silent protag.

Rusty Jacket

Sep 11, 2023
Yes, it blew my mind when people started learning about what's in the vault, linking that to the comments some characters make, the intro video having a massive foreshadowing character in it...

Man, Eidos Montreal was building something cool, it's a shame Square Enix were like "we want a multimedia franchise" and fucked it all up.

It's a blood sin for all that writing and effort Eidos worked so hard on to expand across to only have it stop at MD has to be some of the absolute worst decisions ever made. To be fair 2016 period was a weird spot for gaming and a lot of unknown if single player games were worth investing. They should have stuck with their guns to finish it off. What an absolute disaster of exec decision making.

OP
OP
Gonzito

Gonzito

Banned
Apr 5, 2022
Spain
Human Revolution and Mankind Divided are a spectacular back-to-back set of games. There's really nothing else out there that I've played that's had the same vibe and gameplay.

Human Revolution is another masterpiece, its such a great game although its not really underrated because it had a lot of success and praise. Mankind Divided on the other hand is underrated, particularly because of the awful practices from SE, the game got bad reputation unfortunately, but underneath it was always an amazing game even with the cut content and the story being shorter than it should

Toriko

Banned
Dec 29, 2017
HR is a far superior game to Mankind Divided in every way. Still I miss this franchise and would like to see more of it.

Human Revolution is another masterpiece, its such a great game although its not really underrated because it had a lot of success and praise. Mankind Divided on the other hand is underrated, particularly because of the awful practices from SE, the game got bad reputation unfortunately, but underneath it was always an amazing game even with the cut content and the story being shorter than it should

It did not get underrated. It was worse than HR. The story and ending were pretty bad. What awful practices from SE impacted this?

Var

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A new Deus Ex is my most wished for game.

HR is a far superior game to Mankind Divided in every way. Still I miss this franchise and would like to see more of it.

Absolutely not. The story and environments are much worse, but the gameplay is greatly improved especially in the DLCs.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
How does it rank next to the original Deus Ex? I've never played the Adam Jensen games because I'm put off by the lack of conclusion but also hearing that Human Revolution wasn't as deep and flexible, but I heard better stuff about MD in regard to the latter

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
At the time I was honestly pissed we had to wait 5 years for essentially a 1.5ish sequel in terms of ambition, after HR became one of my favorite games of all time. But on replays I loved it more and more. The bank alone is one of the most impressive levels I've ever played last gen.

The biggest complaints are about breach or this misguided notion the story is incomplete when that isn't true. The core game is about prague and that arc wraps up while pushing and seeding the behind the scenes plot is some great ways.

God I need more.

robot

Oct 27, 2017
I enjoyed Human Revolution a lot, and I'm sure I'd like MD as well.

However I seem to be cursed to never play it? I've tried to run it on three separate occasions on three different computers and it always consistently crashes shortly after I enter Prague. Tweaks on PCGamingWiki don't seem to help. At this point I've just accepted it.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How does it rank next to the original Deus Ex? I've never played the Adam Jensen games because I'm put off by the lack of conclusion but also hearing that Human Revolution wasn't as deep and flexible, but I heard better stuff about MD in regard to the latter
I think people romanticize the original one a little bit, IMO Human Revolution is the best in the entire series.

EraLurker24

Feb 9, 2022
yes it's great, and the bank is awesome as mentioned. It plays like a Bethesda/Cyberpunk/Hitman hybrid to me whereas HR kinda felt like Fallout/Bioware influenced the DE formula (and was one of my favorite games on 360)

Noisepurge

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Was the Deus Ex as an IP sold to someone or do i remember wrong? Hopefully someone can finish the Venom Jensen trilogy one day :(

Toriko

Banned
Dec 29, 2017
A new Deus Ex is my most wished for game.

Absolutely not. The story and environments are much worse, but the gameplay is greatly improved especially in the DLCs.

I will give you gameplay. Story, Environments, music were way worse to the point the incremental improvements in gameplay did not feel substantial enough for me to recommend Mankind Divided Over HR. HR had wonderful atmosphere which was missing in MD.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I think people romanticize the original one a little bit, IMO Human Revolution is the best in the entire series.
People romanticize the original because the original is an amazing game that went on to define the immersive sim subgenre. The only recent (AAA) immersive sim I've played that comes close to enabling the same degree of player choice is Prey 2017. Human Revolution is a great game and it's got a special place in my heart, but as an immersive sim, it's not on the same level as the original (or Mankind Divided).

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People romanticize the original because the original is an amazing game that defined its subhenre. The only recent (AAA) immersive sim I've played that really comes close to enabling the same degree of player choice is Prey 2017. Human Revolution is a great game and it's got a special place in my heart, but as an immersive sim, it's not on the same level as the original (or Mankind Divided).
I never said it's not amazing, I said I think Human Revolution is better.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Embracer should hurry and get remasters of both HR and MD out on all the current consoles.

fracas

Oct 27, 2017
Played through it at launch and LOVED it. So, so much better than Human Revolution. I hope this series isn't dead.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Hmm, I think the original is a masterpiece in flexible level design and RPG mechanics. It's close to unmatched in the way it allows players to rationalise solutions organically to problems. I'd heard that Mankind Divided is the only DE sequel that came close (or surpassed, I haven't played it)

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Why was this game considered a huge disappointment at the time? I loved HR but I remember the general sentiment was that the sequel was not worth playing. Was it all the shitty pre-release dlc and pre order stuff that soured people? I remember that was a big deal at the time lol