• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
Whilst its common to hold a game until the right release window, this is very extreme. I'd guess we're about to get a TGA demo announcement.

MH MD

Oct 25, 2017
Are they pushing up the release date or something?
Far Cry 5 was also preloaded like 4 months ahead of its release I believe , on Xbox one.

With that said, I remember the time when capcom pushed up the release date of resident evil 6 one month, it won't be weird of capcom did it again.

Not that there is any merit to that, December have smash, January have re2 from the same capcom with other heavy hitters games, same for February, there is no reason to push up the release of the game really

MH MD

Oct 25, 2017
The game is definitely not finished this far in advance, surely. Im expecting that 30GB to rise.
It is finished, when asked about the state of development 2 months ago, itsuno said that he is tweaking and balancing the bosses on harder difficulties , that's something you don't really do untill the base game is finished

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NOW I am a LITTLE motivated...

And yes the game has been finished from start to end on the campaign for months now. Matt himself stated it. They have been in the polishing/balancing stage for some time now. The only thing we don't know the status of is of course future DLC and the post game content (like Bloody Palace, online stuff if any etc).

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It is finished, when asked about the state of development 2 months ago, itsuno said that he is tweaking and balancing the bosses on harder difficulties , that's something you don't really do untill the base game is finished
Well I stand corrected. That crazy. Release it now Itsuno pls :')

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
So um preload has been taken down this was a mistake by Capcom.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Yes, I'm pretty sure that all cutscenes are in engine and have smooth transitions between gameplay and story bits, that's why I was so impressed with reveal trailer, this shit looked unreal
I feel like developers have focused less and less on cutscenes this gen and more on open world, even REVII and FFXV backed off pretty cutscenes.

DMC 5, KH3 and RE2 will show what japanese developers can do technically

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
Imagine being a bitter enough DmC fan to come into this thread wishing the game would leak or be spoiled! Man, that would be something.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Damn ... up for pre-load nearly 5 months in advance ? The game must be pretty much content complete at this point (or this is a huge fuck up on someone's part by putting unfinished code early)

edit: I see people are reporting its already off listing.

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wouldn't be surprised if the game is basically done right now and they're just holding it for a Spring release.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
If the game is already at this stage and available for preload I'm almost wondering if they might push up release

edit - damn, nevermind. motivation gone

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Well shit. Weird fuck up, I suppose. Would be cool if this somehow meant we were getting a demo soon, though.

Oct 28, 2017
giphy.gif

Borowski

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Jun 24, 2018
This makes no sense to me and it must be a mistake

The game is 4 months away, ffs

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Between this and the leaked intro months ago, it's like DMC5 is BURSTING to get out.

People who have played it just have this insatiable urge to want to get everyone else to play it.

Stick that on a cover

Booga

Alt account
Banned
Sep 15, 2018
Why would this be desirable? Spoilers all over the place, and you don't even get to play the game for another three months.
Some people don't care about surprises. It's not Christmas or your birthday, it's a video game. Obviously I wouldn't want to know how the story ends, but as far as what the product is, what it includes (bonus modes, characters, weapons,NG+,etc) I'd usually rather know what I'm getting than not. Especially if I'm on the fence between said game and another game.

I get that the industry has evolved to a point where hype is generated with reveals and surprise elements, and I appreciate that. I also appreciate that discussing games, and debating possibilities and hope is a big part of gaming for a lot of folk. The "hope" of what's coming is a valuable component. It's valuable to me too!

But when it comes to non-narrative related things, I just like to be an informed consumer. So datamining or credible leaks has/have a lot of stuff I find valuable.

So that's why.

OP
OP
Son of Sparda

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Some people don't care about surprises. It's not Christmas or your birthday, it's a video game. Obviously I wouldn't want to know how the story ends, but as far as what the product is, what it includes (bonus modes, characters, weapons,NG+,etc) I'd usually rather know what I'm getting than not. Especially if I'm on the fence between said game and another game.

I get that the industry has evolved to a point where hype is generated with reveals and surprise elements, and I appreciate that. I also appreciate that discussing games, and debating possibilities and hope is a big part of gaming for a lot of folk. The "hope" of what's coming is a valuable component. It's valuable to me too!

But when it comes to non-narrative related things, I just like to be an informed consumer. So datamining or credible leaks has/have a lot of stuff I find valuable.

So that's why.
I mean, I'm sure they will reveal all of that before the game releases early next year, so if you just wait and follow their marketing you get the answers to most if not all of those questions and will be able to make an informative choice.

Booga

Alt account
Banned
Sep 15, 2018
I mean, I'm sure they will reveal all of that before the game releases early next year, so if you just wait and follow their marketing you get the answers to most if not all of those questions and will be able to make an informative choice.
Of course I don't doubt that, bit if there is a datamine or leak, I get all that info at once and don't need to collect it in bits. That's why I wouldn't mind it.

OP
OP
Son of Sparda

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Of course I don't doubt that, bit if there is a datamine or leak, I get all that info at once and don't need to collect it in bits. That's why I wouldn't mind it.
Sure but it a datamine almost certainly will reveal story stuff as well which has the potential to ruin the game for a lot of enthusiastic fans that have been waiting for this game for 10 years.

Booga

Alt account
Banned
Sep 15, 2018
Sure but it a datamine almost certainly will reveal story stuff as well which has the potential to ruin the game for a lot of enthusiastic fans that have been waiting for this game for 10 years.
I guess it's all in how you look at it. Typically avoiding story spoilers, I just don't read anything that looks like it relates to story.

But yes, if it means keeping long time fans happy and keeps the surprise feeling intact, I'm just as happy with there being no datamining. Not that I have much say in the matter. Obviously there is now data out there to mine. My original question was about if anyone's datamine encrypted Xbone games. I'm not sure if that has happened or not.

But I fully understand your opinion and so I'll cross my fingers nothing important gets leaked.