Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
www.dexerto.com

Warzone players demand cross-play changes as hackers make it “unplayable” - Dexerto

Warzone players have called for major changes to the way cross-play works as hackers continue to ruin the battle royal experience.
With cheaters continuing to ruin the battle royale, players want things to change and want to be cut away from their PC counterparts in the hopes of saving the console side of things.

Numerous calls have come from players on both sides of the console war, demanding that Activision and Raven Software make changes sooner rather than later, including giving console players the option to join cross-play matches against other, cutting out the PC crossover.

"Save the console community and enable console-only cross-play as a temporary fix," said Redditor Sec0nd. "Apparently getting an anti-cheat is hard, so at least enable some sort of console-only cross-play. As just a temporary solution. The game is literally unplayable at the moment."

Plenty of fans supported that idea too, saying the option should have been there from the get-go. "As a PC player who plays like 3 games a week, agree. At least let the console dudes have fun," said one. "Even if it's just something as a stopgap it would at least show some type of consideration for the console community which has been severely overshadowed despite making up the majority of players," added another.

Praedyth

Feb 25, 2020
Brazil
I thought crossplay was a toggle on COD. All crossplay content on every game should be opt in, specially in competitive games with PC.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
That should've been a feature since Day 1.

Crossplay is great, but not if it puts you against people with superior input methods. Console Crossplay should be an option alongside full platform Crossplay, irrespective of the cheating which plagues the PC version.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I never wanted crossplay with pc anyway

the inherent mouse advantage is too stupidly good and the cheating is too much. Last time i played warzone I somehow made it to top 3, and died to a hacker. As someone who doesnt play that well, it sucked

If its not the stressful sbmm, the hacking will sour u completely

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
insert joke about how console players use aim assist

I play on PC and I haven't really noticed this as being much of an issue, and I play a fair amount so I wonder how rampant it actually is. I know on the PC version of the COD base games, you can turn crossplay off. Is that not a thing with the console versions?

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Among consoles it's whatever but with PC due to various reasons it should always be opt-in.

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster
I never wanted crossplay with pc anyway

the inherent mouse advantage is too stupidly good and the cheating is too much. Last time i played warzone I somehow made it to top 3, and died to a hacker. As someone who doesnt play that well, it sucked

If its not the stressful sbmm, the hacking will sour u completely
Just because you play keyboard with mouse does not make you a Faze player so it's tired to blame your poor gameplay on people input method especially when so many pc players play with controller and shitty rigs.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
insert joke about how console players use aim assist

I play on PC and I haven't really noticed this as being much of an issue, and I play a fair amount so I wonder how rampant it actually is. I know on the PC version of the COD base games, you can turn crossplay off. Is that not a thing with the console versions?

You can in regular multiplayer just not in Warzone.

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
Most cheating claims in FPS games are people comming to reddit or twitter and complain about getting killed in a way they cant explain. most of the time its a simple explanation though.
the opponent knows the game better and is general is better at the game.
but people nowadays barely except better players and rather call them cheaters. (especially with crossplay where console players have PC pros that flick shot them due to a more precise input method)
with so many people claiming that they have been killed by hackers (in many FPSs and not just Warzone) on reddit and so on without any evidence or a video that barely shows anything, you get the general impression that its flooded with hackers while cheaters actually are just half as big of a problem as people make it out to be.
In Warzone in a few hundred hours of playtime I met maybe 2-3 hackers which werent 100% proofable though.
In PUBG back then I met 1-2 obvious hackers (that killed the whole lobby from the pther wnd of the map) in 600 hours.
In EFT in 300 hours I have yet to meet a obvious hacker.

Obviously they are there and more prominent on PC and thus via crossplay reach also consoles.
But hackers are nowhere near as big of a problem as reddit and others make it out to be.

Praedyth

Feb 25, 2020
Brazil
I believe it is required to be on to play Warzone. You can toggle it off for standard multi-player.
Afaik only PlayStation has an in-game toggle to turn it off in Warzone, but I'm not 100% sure on that. It's also a simple on/off toggle, there's no console-only cross-play option.
If those are true, it's really shitty to not have this option. Xbox + PS population should be more than enough to have fun in Warzone.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
I quit once it was no longer optional, and honestly have no desire to go back.

Of course I'm a drop in the bucket, but this is funny to see months/years later.

Oct 25, 2017
Good.

Get that pc hacking shit OUT.

I play on console, and that should be our main advantage. Not having to deal with PC hacking.

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
Most cheating claims in FPS games are people comming to reddit or twitter and complain about getting killed in a way they cant explain. most of the time its a simple explanation though.
but people nowadays barely except better players and rather call them cheaters. (especially with crossplay where console players have PC pros that flick shot them due to a more precise input method)
with so many people claiming that they have been killed by hackers (in many FPSs and not just Warzone) on reddit and so on without any evidence or a video that barely shows anything, you get the general impression that its flooded with hackers while cheaters actually are just half as big of a problem as people make it out to be.
In Warzone in a few hundred hours of playtime I met maybe 2-3 hackers which werent 100% proofable though.
In PUBG back then I met 1-2 obvious hackers (that killed the whole lobby from the pther wnd of the map) in 600 hours.

Obviously they are there and more prominent on PC and thus via crossplay reach also consoles.
But hackers are nowhere near as big of a problem as reddit and others make it out to be.

Most cheats such a aim bots are designed to make it look not like a bot, chances are you've run into them far more often then you think as it will just look like a top tier PC player unless they crank the bot settings up to insane levels.

Oct 30, 2017
Cross play should be opt in IMO.

The problem is that games without cross play can be scarce because the majority won't bother to turn it off.

KiKaL

Oct 26, 2017
Do people not know about Cronus for consoles? I am not saying PC doesn't add cheaters as well but consoles have them too. If people really want to avoid cheats you almost need a cloud future. I heard a small minority talk about trying to get a stronger population on R6:Siege on Stadia to get away from cheaters.

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
Most cheats such a aim bots are designed to make it look not like a bot, chances are you've run into them far more often then you think as it will just look like a top tier PC player unless they crank the bot settings up to insane levels.

maybe. but then we still have the issue that you barely can differentiate between a legit player and a hacker.
which again leads to people complaining about them on social media.

Eg:

on EFT reddit you have alot of people complaining about hackers. only a small part of them provides evidence by video.
and most of those videos barely confirm anything.
Whats even more funny is on the same page are people showcasing their pro plays where they one tap a group of players.
Just a few posts above you have someone crying that he and his friends have been killed in a short period of time by a hacker.
Obviously those were different occassions but the point is that it could just have been a good player with good gear.

We_care_a_lot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Summerside PEI
Ya'll, cheating on PC is a real measurable thing and a serious problem.

Don't let anybody say 'console has cheaters too' as if it's even a remotely comparable thing. It's not.

All the most prominent online games routinely ban large ammounts of cheaters SPECIFICIALLY ON PC and they are very public when they do so. We know people are cheating on PC specifically and that it's a problem on PC specifically.

Don't be gaslighting saying 'people cheat on console too'. It's tacky and it's misleading

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Wouldn't it be better just to implement a proper anti cheat system instead of splintering the player base? Seems like altering crossplay is the nuclear option that still won't solve the underlying issue plaguing the game.

We_care_a_lot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Summerside PEI
maybe. but then we still have the issue that you barely can differentiate between a legit player and a hacker.
which again leads to people complaining about them on social media.

Eg:

on EFT reddit you have alot of people complaining about hackers. only a small part of them provides evidence by video.
and most of those videos barely confirm anything.
Whats even more funny is on the same page are people showcasing their pro plays where they one tap a group of players.
Just a few posts above you have someone crying that he and his friends have been killed in a short period of time by a hacker.
Obviously those were different occassions but the point is that it could just have been a good player with good gear.

My guy, popular PC games routinely drop the numbers for cheater bans. Cheating on PC isn't some myth we've invented from anecdotal reddit posts.

Macross

Nov 5, 2017
USA
Wouldn't it be better just to implement a proper anti cheat system instead of splintering the player base? Seems like altering crossplay is the nuclear option that still won't solve the underlying issue plaguing the game.
With the direct OS-level access a PC gives, it is pretty much impossible to implement anti-cheat that will stay effective.

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021
I never confirmed this 100%, but isn't crossplay in Warzone PC + Console, as opposed to Sony + Microsoft?

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I genuinely don't know but aren't things like cronus undetectable by anti-cheat?
Yes, but there is a world of difference between Cronus controlling your recoil and PerfectAim lasering in on heads from across the map.

PC cheating is probably bigger than it's ever been right now and unfortunately I don't see a solution on the horizon. Many of these cheat programs are paid subscriptions that generate large profits. The devs that make them are well-funded and able to dodge around the various anti-cheat implementations almost immediately.

As someone who loves M/KB gameplay it is very frustrating.

turbobutts

Oct 25, 2017

My friends and I have run into a ton of obvious cheaters. You can tell when the crosshairs just snap onto you in the kill cam.

It is way out of control and the game doesn't have a good reporting system. You don't always get a kill cam for whatever reason, and once it ends you can't report them anymore? You can't look up who killed you and report them? Its crazy how early access this game still feels with the ridiculous amount of money its making.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
Activision is literally doing nothing when it comes to cheaters unless content creators just stop playing this all together

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster
Ya'll, cheating on PC is a real measurable thing and a serious problem.

Don't let anybody say 'console has cheaters too' as if it's even a remotely comparable thing. It's not.

All the most prominent online games routinely ban large ammounts of cheaters SPECIFICIALLY ON PC and they are very public when they do so. We know people are cheating on PC specifically and that it's a problem on PC specifically.

Don't be gaslighting saying 'people cheat on console too'. It's tacky and it's misleading
People on cheat consoles since as early as I can remember. Pretty much go to any cod that isn't the current one and you'll hack lobbies every five seconds. The problem has very little to do with who's doing them but rather the lack of moderation and anti cheat by Raven/Activision. Of course the majority hackers are on pc but they've already found way to get walls and aim assist on consoles.

IneptEMP

Jan 14, 2019
When it comes to FPSs I don't ever want to play with PC players. Console-only matchmaking needs to be a thing yesterday.

Apex Legends separates console and PC players in matchmaking, and forces console players into PC matchmaking only if they decide to play with another PC player. That's the way Warzone should handle it.

VermillionA

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 29, 2019
As always in these threads, there'll be a bunch of PC players just gaslighting saying it's not a big issue when it clearly is. Console only crossplay with PC as opt-in needs to be the standard. It should be on by default in every other genre with the exception of shooters imo.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Just because you play keyboard with mouse does not make you a Faze player so it's tired to blame your poor gameplay on people input method especially when so many pc players play with controller and shitty rigs.
I play enough on pc to know that there are some things that are inherently superior with a mouse.

. The hacking problem is a real widespread problem. Ive played a lot of cod but have never run into hackers until i saw it on warzone

There are tons of posts on reddit of blatant hacking with video. Literally any post about hacking that make it to the front page have a video. This isnt just people making up stories

All but one of these are from the last few days:

One

Two

Three

Four

Five

Last edited:

IneptEMP

Jan 14, 2019
Like if the options are more cheating, or less cheating. Which option do you think most console players would want?

It's really that simple.